2023/24 Sean Dyche

But it must really hard/boring being an attacking player under Dyche.

Everything seems really rigid, nothing creative or spontaneous.

Can't see anything they take from training into games. Apart from set-pieces and Pickford launching
Certainly, it is not all on Dyche, I mean if you look at Burnley, he always had that 1-2 players going over 10 goals, despite being miserably bad at attacking. But it's as sure that his way is not conducive.

What a perfect time to replace him. Three full weeks from today, plenty of time to get a new message across to the players and work towards a new style of play that isn't solely about avoiding defeat (and failing badly at that).

Obviously the manager will not be replaced though, we'll return and lose again against Bournemouth and the three weeks will have been wasted.

Then it's Newcastle away and Burnley at home - you'd say Newcastle is as expected an expected defeat as there is, and Burnley given we can't score and are pathetic at home is 50/50 winning at best. Surely if it's 1 point from the next 3 games he goes?

He should be gone tonight though.

At this stage though I think he stays no matter what, there is nobody making decisions at the club and he will be given the freedom to relegate us.
Its not that there's nobody making decisions at the club that he won't be sacked. It's that we've had 6 pts taken off us and possibly another 2-3 to come. We've a takeover that won't go through and we're borrowing money to pay players wages. Sacking Dyche isn't an option.

Its mad how managers don’t need to work on training ground stuff and its just pure luck about what happens on the pitch

Gary O’Neil touched lucky at Wolves, all those players that couldn’t score or play last year just decided to become good.

Hope they get the credit and not him
Yes. Where has this attitude come from in some quarters that it's not the manager's responsibility to improve the players that he has? One can readily see that the playing squad is not as good as it should be. But it's not as if a manager is only able to use the players he's given in exactly the state he's been given them and be expected to have no capability nor responsibility to improve them.

It's the reason that some players thrive under certain managers but not others (see Dom under Carlo, for instance). The manager is allowed to instruct them on how to get better and be more effective. Something that seems to be forgotten here.

I'm not excusing the players (who are generally spineless, nothing new there).

But it must really hard/boring being an attacking player under Dyche.

Everything seems really rigid, nothing creative or spontaneous.

Can't see anything they take from training into games. Apart from set-pieces and Pickford launching it.

Pick a "creative" player out the squad.

We've been a bottom 6 side for 3 seasons.

When I read the forwards need to be let off the leash or express more, for a club at this level, all I think of is Leeds, Blackpool etc who sacrificed defence for attack and were relegated.

However, we're 8th for chances created. We're down the bottom for conversion.

Its mad how managers don’t need to work on training ground stuff and its just pure luck about what happens on the pitch

Gary O’Neil touched lucky at Wolves, all those players that couldn’t score or play last year just decided to become good.

Hope they get the credit and not him

Carlo never coaches his teams either

Yes. Where has this attitude come from in some quarters that it's not the manager's responsibility to improve the players that he has? One can readily see that the playing squad is not as good as it should be. But it's not as if a manager is only able to use the players he's given in exactly the state he's been given them and be expected to have no capability nor responsibility to improve them.

It's the reason that some players thrive under certain managers but not others (see Dom under Carlo, for instance). The manager is allowed to instruct them on how to get better and be more effective. Something that seems to be forgotten here.
Wolves couldn’t hit a barn door last year, they had a worse goals scoring record that us.

Not only did o’Neil have no preseason with the team, he actually changed his formation after 10 games because things weren’t working

I hope O’Neil isn’t the running for manager of the season, it should be Dyche because he’s been let down by the numbers not levelling out

Not only did o’Neil have no preseason with the team, he actually changed his formation after 10 games because things weren’t working

I hope O’Neil isn’t the running for manager of the season, it should be Dyche because he’s been let down by the numbers not levelling out

A better manager than Dyche obviously, he made Cunha a scoring beast, and they got Neto back after big injury. Before and after was I've seen from him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Neto in a top 6 squad anytime soon.

Got to admire the defending of Dyche mate with the “look at some of the teams we’ve played in that run of 11 games though” lol
remember fat Sam and his blame deflection; it’s a like a mirror image

The arrogance of a manger to play the same way, week after week, whilst winning 3 at home all season and going 11 without winning is absolutely mind boggling.

If he was trying different things I’d be less critical. But it’s a case of “my system works don’t question me”; pure arrogance.

Criticising Dyche again.

That's 1 of the few times in living memory that we've gone to Old Trafford and had a go. Dyche can't do anything about 2 pens and 3 golden wasted chances.

I think some of you need a reality check.
There is no defending him now, not one bit.

He's safe because we are rudderless, the only reason he's still here.

He should not be here next season.

Got to admire the defending of Dyche mate with the “look at some of the teams we’ve played in that run of 11 games though” lol
My personal favourite is the "we haven't got the players" argument, despite the fact that nobody had ever heard of a single one of Luton's squad before this season except for Barkley and Townsend, the latter of whom, it was universally agreed upon in here, wasn't good enough for us.