2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness he did do a great job keeping us up last season as I thought we were gone for sure. But the decline is now there to see. He shouldn't be getting the results he has of late particularly with pretty much a full squad available
With respect, I disagree.

When he came in he had to win a few games to keep us up, he really really struggled to do that, to the point where until a goal from no where that doucoure scored, we were going down that day. And that goal wasn't built out of anything tactical, or down to his style of play, it was out of nothing.

He was not a miracle worker last season, he did the bare minimum and should be very grateful to doucoure for making it that he wasnt the manager to take us down.

He's quite literally done nothing special in his time here.

On the face of it yes but basically beto or dcl dropped into Doucoures position. Who plays very advanced.
Sorry to quote my own post, but forgot to say the 'style of play' did not change. When Doucoure went off, Gomes went into his position. Then Gomes moved into Onanas position when he went off. Nothing changed from the way we set up.
I'm absolutely fuming with that and it's the straw that broke the camels back.
Anyway wife and kids have flown back to Scotland for Easter. I'm off out on the lash with the lads. Have a good night folks.

Yes but if you sell what 150 mill in attacking players in 18 months, replace them with what 25 for Beto, 12 for Chermiti and Harrison on loan. In a narrow range of deals with clubs will wait for payment, your diluting quality.

It’s not improving nor bartering like for like, I mean we known this, it’s obvious.
Well let’s break this down properly:

Harrison - was dangerous at Leeds when they sprung on the counter. 9 times out 10 he would someone outside him that would occupy the defenders and he would run directly into the space

Beto - is a centre forward who needs the ball in front of him. He is limited with his touch. But instead he’s used as a target man to bring people into the game which his weakest element of his game

Danjuma- literally not played because he doesn’t chase back

Chermiti - should be really getting coached and developed by the staff. Instead he’s thrown on in the 90th minute to change a game

No manager can prepare the team for a 3 yards own goal off the chest of a player who should’ve retired 2 seasons ago.

Oh wait.
It's not the own goal, it's the same old same old of everything. No surprises in anything, no changes in anything, late subs, no game management, pensioners back in the team - proper Dyche things.

Looked totally lost most of that second half, any time the camera went on him. His tactical inflexibility and continual selection of his underperforming favourite players will be his (and probably our) undoing.

Said when we appointed him, if he was any good he would have been picked up by a club before we got the chance.

To go have a gap of three weeks, take them all abroad and come back to play exactly the same formation and players that hasn’t worked for 3 months is a total joke tbh.

The players aren’t helping him either, they are not bothered and being out ran and out worked by bang average teams which just isn’t acceptable, but he won’t change the shape or players.

If there’s no consequences for poor performance then why will players try to improve?

Looked totally lost most of that second half, any time the camera went on him. His tactical inflexibility and continual selection of his underperforming favourite players will be his (and probably our) undoing.

Said when we appointed him, if he was any good he would have been picked up by a club before we got the chance.

To go have a gap of three weeks, take them all abroad and come back to play exactly the same formation and players that hasn’t worked for 3 months is a total joke tbh.

The players aren’t helping him either, they are not bothered and being out ran and out worked by bang average teams which just isn’t acceptable, but he won’t change the shape or players.

If there’s no consequences for poor performance then why will players try to improve?
Loved the fact when it did the instructions were clearly just shouting "COME ON" half the time.

lol

I’ve been firmly in the ‘I don’t think anyone could do a better job’ camp because apart from Villa away and Wolves over Christmas we’ve always looked well drilled at the back, press high and constantly and counter attacked with purpose - where has that gone?

We looked lacklustre and completely void of ideas whenever we went forward. Even when the ideas before were simply direct passing at least there was purpose behind the passes.

What’s unforgivable for me though is dropping Beto and consistently starting Godfrey. Beto makes things happen by constantly running and actually scores goals (like Niasse used to). Godfrey can’t defend in the air and offers nothing going forward. I don’t believe Coleman LB and Patterson RB wasn’t the better option today.

Then waiting until the 78th min to bring on Beto was shocking but honestly taking off Onana who was our best player and one of only three I’ve ever seen play a good through ball after we bring on the player who makes runs up top… wtf?

Anyway, I’m fuming, and I’ve had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back