2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche is that work-to-rule type of manager, these 35 points he gained are ok but not more (big flaw with the without a win run), but we will stagnate with him and not progress long-term. So either this summer or the next summer he should be gone.

I just hope that they will not just sign another expensive fancy big name like Mourinho or an unproven Laptop hipster.

We need someone who proved to be an honest grinder, to make a team better, develop players, set up a good system defensively and offensively, being tactically flexible and work on a rather limited budget, someone with long-term ambitions and not to be gone with the first better offer.

Like Vincenzo Italiano or Jaogba Arrasate, they are both running out of contract this summer.

But I also appeal our rather impatient and reactionary fanbase to give a manager time, if we get 14th the first season and see us developing and clear improvement in playstyle, give that manager the time for another season and invest in players.

He was starting for Belgium under Lampard though, what are you on about? No he wasn’t getting linked to big clubs but that was because we’d only just signed him lol

You are not seriously telling me he’s improved his game under Dyche are you? Fella looks like he absolutely despises playing this brand of football and I don’t blame him.

Erm yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying. Onana is a better player now than he was in Lampard’s final game, no question. Positionally, tactically, physically, technically, mentality, everything is better. Under Lampard he just floated through games in the wrong position barely getting involved.

Dyche is that work-to-rule type of manager, these 35 points he gained are ok but not more (big flaw with the without a win run), but we will stagnate with him and not progress long-term. So either this summer or the next summer he should be gone.

I just hope that they will not just sign another expensive fancy big name like Mourinho or an unproven Laptop hipster.

We need someone who proved to be an honest grinder, to make a team better, develop players, set up a good system defensively and offensively, being tactically flexible and work on a rather limited budget, someone with long-term ambitions and not to be gone with the first better offer.

Like Vincenzo Italiano or Jaogba Arrasate, they are both running out of contract this summer.

But I also appeal our rather impatient and reactionary fanbase to give a manager time, if we get 14th the first season and see us developing and clear improvement in playstyle, give that manager the time for another season and invest in players.
Brother, this is Sean "Brexitball" Dyche.

There will be no improvement - he only knows 1 way to play and that's Dycheball, which tops out at fighting for 17th. Doesn't matter who the team is, what money you have, nothing - this is what he knows; in fact it's the only thing he knows.

Because half this site, think he’s doing a great job is some sort of miracle worker and are happy for him to carry on next season

I don't think you really read what people are saying, you are just raging against anybody who isn't saying he's crap/he must be sacked

It seems obvious to me that a lot of the people who are generally 'okay' with him right now would have a different opinion on keeping him if somehow miraculously the takeover goes thru and we seem to have some form of stability and finances to fund transfers

Zero chance youd get a poll results of 50% or more saying keep dyche if that happens

Erm yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying. Onana is a better player now than he was in Lampard’s final game, no question. Positionally, tactically, physically, technically, mentality, everything is better. Under Lampard he just floated through games in the wrong position barely getting involved.

I’m sure that’s got loads to do with Dyche having the centre backs and Pickford bypass him every game.

Brother, this is Sean "Brexitball" Dyche.

There will be no improvement - he only knows 1 way to play and that's Dycheball, which tops out at fighting for 17th. Doesn't matter who the team is, what money you have, nothing - this is what he knows; in fact it's the only thing he knows.
It's what I said with he's a work-to-rule type of manager and proved that another time here.

Not sure why anyone wants to believe football insider, make it up as much as the rest. why moan about other bits and pieces they say, but take this as fact lol No matter who the boss is, eventually we get round to the same conclussion that they dont know what they are doing, why are they picking whichever player it is, tactics are wrong and so on
Who's taking it as fact?

Nah legit don't care about a change in circumstances.

If we stay up, what's the benefit of keeping him this Summer?

He probably keeps us up again next year, also, if we sack him we will have to pay him off, which will reduce our no doubt already limited budget.

The following summer when he can walk away on a free and we are going into Bramley Moore as a premier club still though is a different matter.

If new owners bring in money to give a new manager something to work with, then yeah I'm with you. But I think whoever the new owners end up being probably will not be pouring cash into the team.

I think Onana has adapted his game under Dyche, so it's an improvement in the sense that he is now a more well-rounded player. I also think in general he's having a bigger influence for us in games. Now whether or not you think that is an improvement that just would have naturally happened with game time and experience is up to you. I think it's a bit of both.
I think i missed those games that all this happened

Dyche's Burnley finished above us that season, funnily enough.

But to your actual point, Everton's situation has completely changed since then. We had the money to get someone in and back them in the transfer market when we gave gravy man the bullet.

For me, Dyche should see out the last year of his contract. Hopefully by that time we are still in the Prem, a takeover has happened, and we can look to go into the new stadium with someone who can take us forward.

Exactly. There’s a difference between respecting the job Dyche has done and believing he’s a decent fit for the current situation and then on the other hand believing he’s a brilliant manager who is the long term future of where we deserve to be as a football club. I don’t think anyone has ever said the latter.