2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the home form and the not won in months warriors now?

Do you see how irrelevant arbitrary measurements are? It's a season's work as Dyche said from day 1 and judging him on that, he's done a great job. He's not just "done his job" because this season posed very unique challenges and many would have capitulated under the pressure.

Well done SD 👏👏👏
Think it was right to moan 3 home wins in 14. We still haven’t won a game at home under dyche when the opposition have scored. And of the 5 we’ve won. 4 have been against the the bottom 5. And looking a them, Burnley was a terrible performance, gifted the win by a keeper error, forest not much better, hardly created anything had an XG of 0.3. Brentford we had one shot on target. Shed Utd should have been 2/3 nil. Let’s not get to carried away

I don't think anybody looking at the Everton squad on September 1st 2023 could have thought we would get 48 points in the season.

With the lack of talent and lack of balance in a tiny squad it is a remarkable return.
I looked at it and said we should be looking to get minimum 45 points. it was only 3 more wins than last season which was half done by Lampard.

I disagree about the squad.

Main outs from last season squad (of who was available for Dyche):
gray, Iwobi, mina, Davies, Coady, Maupay

Ins: Branthwaite, Gomes, Beto, Danjuma, Young, Harrison.

In my view, we have a better core squad now.

We also had a Mykolenko this season who wasn’t carrying an injury like he was all last season.

We have decent players in the squad, the lack of talent argument doesn’t wash. They may struggle to maintain form, but we have decent players who are capable of mid table.

I looked at it and said we should be looking to get minimum 45 points. it was only 3 more wins than last season which was half done by Lampard.

I disagree about the squad.

Main outs from last season squad (of who was available for Dyche):
gray, Iwobi, mina, Davies, Coady, Maupay

Ins: Branthwaite, Gomes, Beto, Danjuma, Young, Harrison.

In my view, we have a better core squad now.

We also had a Mykolenko this season who wasn’t carrying an injury like he was all last season.

We have decent players in the squad, the lack of talent argument doesn’t wash. They may struggle to maintain form, but we have decent players who are capable of mid table.
I think somewhere between 11th and 15th was realistic. We have a decent 1st eleven, obviously better in the defensive part than the offensive, with a manager that sets up defensively.

Offence is still a problem, but it has been for years. Around 40 goals, it's better than the 34 we had last season, but yeah we can and must improve, I'm sure with 2-3 improvements we can add a few more goals again. Also, efficiency was a problem in this case.

Fair play to the staff to keep our key players injury-free for the majority of the season. That was very important and some credit for the load in training etc. Our depth is still not very good.

Not trying to sound depressing, but there is only 1 more game and then the window hunts us down, talking about what/who we have had available to us this season is worryingly a dead conversation in 90 more minutes. That main core of our squad, who are we really gonna see in an Everton kit again. and what makes it even worse is everyone knows what state we're in, so we wont even get near value on the sales...

Under Dyche, we are one of the best defensively organized teams in the league. And it is precisely in that phase that the manager has the greatest influence. Offensive is much more about quality and talent. So Dyche has no doubt done an excellent job and no doubt deserves a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back