2023/24 Sean Dyche

Would keep him. He kept us up. The style will need improving but he not had the luxury to buy a team. We still have too many rubbish players.

Beto is another bad signing. We got to stop wasting money.

Im not sure beto,dcl,chermiti or prime messi would score many from the way we play.
I feel sorry a lot of the time at their hopeless runs, or try hold the ball up for too long a time for reinforcements, or not having players close to them for the long ball nod on headers.
Its a thankless task that makes them all look worse than they probably are.

If we are going to play the long ball then mcneil, harrison and dacoure should all be up there no more than 10-15 yards away from the striker. Problem is they are drilled for being way too deep to do that. And here lies the issue of the lack of pace of mcneil and harrison to get forward quick enough to support.
If we are going to bypass the playing through the lines and pushing up as a team, and stick to long ball, then we have to get more support in and around the target man.

Yup

Be arsed defending him with in depth posts as he if he is something more than he is

But equally, bored by the negative slant on every aspect of what he has done this season

The back and forth is dull and for this manager and period in our club history alone, we should allow the manager thread to consist purely of cat GIFs for us all to enjoy

Once he's gone we can get back to it
I remember when the Moyes replacement thread was just pages and pages of cat GIFs. Halcyon days

The football in the main is absolutely horrible to watch, some of the most dire, miserable, lacking any kind of fluidity football I've seen in years. Got to remember though that he hasn't had the likes of a Richarlison, a Lukaku, a Rodriguez, a Geri, a Barry, a Baines or proper money to spend. He's just got a mish mash of about 6 former managers players but he's managed to shape them into a working and functional unit.

Based on that, the job he has done to keep us in the league has been excellent, especially when you chuck in a 3 month period of no wins. The best football we've seen since Moyes was the first season under Martinez. He had a quality squad and money to spend.

When we factor in the lack of quality, squad options, lack of money, poor running of the club, points deductions, club getting battered in the press week in week out, putting out fires on an hourly basis, I'd say he's probably done the best job of any Everton manager since Moyes.

He deserves a lot of credit for keeping it together because we have to remember how Lampard looked when he was sacked, he looked completely broken (that's what this club can do), Dyche has just got on

Is he limited? Yes
Is he annoying? Yes
Is the football exciting? No
Is it effective? Yes

He's earned a well earned break this summer and when he comes back, I hope the club is in a better position to be able to back him with a better squad and maybe we can have one final season at Goodison with just some normal stability.

The football in the main is absolutely horrible to watch, some of the most dire, miserable, lacking any kind of fluidity football I've seen in years. Got to remember though that he hasn't had the likes of a Richarlison, a Lukaku, a Rodriguez, a Geri, a Barry, a Baines or proper money to spend. He's just got a mish mash of about 6 former managers players but he's managed to shape them into a working and functional unit.

Based on that, the job he has done to keep us in the league has been excellent, especially when you chuck in a 3 month period of no wins. The best football we've seen since Moyes was the first season under Martinez. He had a quality squad and money to spend.

When we factor in the lack of quality, squad options, lack of money, poor running of the club, points deductions, club getting battered in the press week in week out, putting out fires on an hourly basis, I'd say he's probably done the best job of any Everton manager since Moyes.

He deserves a lot of credit for keeping it together because we have to remember how Lampard looked when he was sacked, he looked completely broken (that's what this club can do), Dyche has just got on

Is he limited? Yes
Is he annoying? Yes
Is the football exciting? No
Is it effective? Yes

He's earned a well earned break this summer and when he comes back, I hope the club is in a better position to be able to back him with a better squad and maybe we can have one final season at Goodison with just some normal stability.
I agree with this totally. I didn't mind the football in the first half of the season to be fair if they can do more of that its fine for me but the second half has been a hard watch.

I’m struggling to understand the haters.

He has at least given us one year off the end of season terrors.

Sure, he’s not the medium to long term answer, but do we have to be so full of vitriol for the job he’s done over the last two seasons? He’s not the Messiah, but he’s not a naughty boy either.

Can’t be bothered to scroll back through all the squabbling to see if this was already posted but pretty impressive imo

IMG_2119.jpeg

I agree with this totally. I didn't mind the football in the first half of the season to be fair if they can do more of that its fine for me but the second half has been a hard watch.
It’s really down to what we have in the squad tbh. If we had a good RB, some better quality wide players and DCL in form then I think we could play some decent stuff. We’re missing a bit of class centrally too - Doucoure isn’t silky but can be effective when in form. It’s just he’s very patchy.

I’d hoped Danjuma might offer something but it’s clear Dyche doesn’t fancy him and fair enough.

We were playing some atrocious stuff at times but I’m sure the pressure on the players with the points deductions didn’t help and more sales to come probably points to another season of backs to the wall, try and nick a goal type stuff sadly.

I don't think you can say that now.

It depends on us being able to keep important players which tbh is unlikely.

It also depends on being able to able to strengthen the squad which also may be a challenge.

Let's wait until Sept 1st and then decide on a target for the season.
A challenge, yes. But one that the sporting director & the manager should be taking on meticulously if they have anything about them. It's literally their jobs..

A challenge, yes. But one that the sporting director & the manager should be taking on meticulously if they have anything about them. It's literally their jobs..
Lets hope that the quality of the free transfers is good this summer as that is where we are looking.

I can see this summer being worse than the Benitez one where we only spent 1.7m.