2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’ll be honest, I am 50 times more annoyed that we switched off for an entire 15 seconds and gifted them a goal. We are mentally weak and that is where we have to improve. The goals will come if we keep creating good looks.
The goals will come? Are you sure about that? We were creating just as many chances in the second half of last season, the goals didn't come, because we didn't have a goalscorer. How long do we wait for 'the goals to come'? The goals that came last season were scored, for the most part, by defenders and midfielders, all 34 of them. If we don't get a centre forward d in we should take no comfort in the chances we created against the mighty Fulham.

The goals will come? Are you sure about that? We were creating just as many chances in the second half of last season, the goals didn't come, because we didn't have a goalscorer. How long do we wait for 'the goals to come'? The goals that came last season were scored, for the most part, by defenders and midfielders, all 34 of them. If we don't get a centre forward d in we should take no comfort in the chances we created against the mighty Fulham.
We definitely did not look anything like we did at the weekend. We had some good moments here and there and won the ball upfield a lot but we never created that many gilt-edged chances. Now you are being disingenuous. If you don’t think the goals will come regardless of how well we play, fine. I disagree but whatever.

We looked like we had a full preseason behind us and not a caretaker manager (which Dyche was last season).

We definitely did not look anything like we did at the weekend. We had some good moments here and there and won the ball upfield a lot but we never created that many gilt-edged chances. Now you are being disingenuous. If you don’t think the goals will come regardless of how well we play, fine. I disagree but whatever.
If you don't think that the lack of a goal scorer is likely to relegate us, then, I think you may well have a nasty surprise this season. Saturday was the epitome of performances of teams that are relegated and everyone says they are too good to go down. If we don't get much more clinical we will be in big trouble, this group of players have proved over time that they are anything but clinical. We dropped three points against Fuiham that we badly needed, it was not an encouraging performance.

We looked like we had a full preseason behind us and not a caretaker manager (which Dyche was last season).

We need a goal scorer. If you haven’t learned that from the last 2 years then I don’t know what to tell you.

We need a goal scorer. If you haven’t learned that from the last 2 years then I don’t know what to tell you.
I never at any point said we didn’t. I said if we create that many good chances some of them will go in and we will be safe. We obviously need a goalscorer.

We only stay up if we get the goal scorer to finish the chances. Hopefully we sort it.
They have to finish sure. If we create quality chances consistently, they will start to go in. I think we are all in agreement that Maupay isn’t good enough and we need to glue him to the bench. Whether we buy a striker, get creative with our current options or Dom gains a miraculous bill of health he needs to be dropped.

They have to finish sure. If we create quality chances consistently, they will start to go in. I think we are all in agreement that Maupay isn’t good enough and we need to glue him to the bench. Whether we buy a striker, get creative with our current options or Dom gains a miraculous bill of health he needs to be dropped.

Then why does Dyche think differently, what does he see in Maupay to keep selecting him ?