2023/24 Sean Dyche

Brentford and Villa away
Villa was a carabao cup b team who weren't assed about it and the Brentford win makes it a massive 1 win out of 7 in the PL. I am in awe at our awesomeness.

Like i said, i struggle to name anyone we can beat because we get beat by almost everybody. We have literally just had our ass handed to us at home by the worst team in the league for the last decade.

I wanted Dyche to be good enough to provide some mid-table mediocrity / security, purely from the perspective that we need some stability. Unfortunately I’m beginning to think his style and mentality just isn’t compatible with a team that aren’t supposed to be scrapping to avoid relegation.
I know our current squad isn’t the best, but I do think there is more ability / quality there than his Burnley sides had or the worse 3 teams over the last three seasons.
Whether it’s tactics or the mentality he’s imbued in them (or both), they aren’t doing as well as they should.
That said I believe we are creating the most chances per game since 2013-14 I believe so it’s a real head scratcher.
Losing at home to Fulham, Wolves and Luton, particularly in the manner we did is pretty unforgivable.
Unfortunately I think he needs to go, I can’t see the ‘bad luck’ or ‘performances deserved better’ changing, so the longer we persevere with him the deeper the hope will be to climb out of.

What I don’t understand, in Dyche’s case and also in previous managerial reigns is the apparent absence of a guiding voice.

Director of football, defence coach, whatever, whoever.

Erm, Sean, if you hadn’t noticed, this ain’t working. We need to fix it, pronto.

Apparently XG was 3.5 and 1.74 was from
The goal. Apart from the Beto chance and the garner header, the rest were half chances if that, McNeil has 14 prem goals in 5yrs how many from 20 yards out, the same for Onana, garner and gana.

If the garners chances had fell to Harrison or danjuma, then maybe one of them goes in, but unfortunately our idiot of a manager would rather play a defensive midfielder on the right wing

Forgotten the term but as i posted last night theres another term for the metric which calculates 'almost certain' goals. Iwobi was on 4 of those created last season and Onana was on 3 this season after 3 games.

Cant remember the name, @BlueToff @TheBigIguana @Nymzee do you guys know?

Should never have sacked him, a popular manager with the squad who was short a defensive midfielder.

I wanted Dyche to be good enough to provide some mid-table mediocrity / security, purely from the perspective that we need some stability. Unfortunately I’m beginning to think his style and mentality just isn’t compatible with a team that aren’t supposed to be scrapping to avoid relegation.
I know our current squad isn’t the best, but I do think there is more ability / quality there than his Burnley sides had or the worse 3 teams over the last three seasons.
Whether it’s tactics or the mentality he’s imbued in them (or both), they aren’t doing as well as they should.
That said I believe we are creating the most chances per game since 2013-14 I believe so it’s a real head scratcher.
Losing at home to Fulham, Wolves and Luton, particularly in the manner we did is pretty unforgivable.
Unfortunately I think he needs to go, I can’t see the ‘bad luck’ or ‘performances deserved better’ changing, so the longer we persevere with him the deeper the hope will be to climb out of.
This sounds like Leeds last season... bad luck etc... look where that got them...

Astonishing that this fella is still in charge.
Terrible football, lack of organisation in defence , failure to play players in their correct position and inability to pick up even a point at home to the mighty Luton , Fulham or Wolves .
That my friends is what you get with a dysfunctional club and management vacuum.
I suspect that he won't even be sacked if we lose to Bournemouth.

Forgotten the term but as i posted last night theres another term for the metric which calculates 'almost certain' goals. Iwobi was on 4 of those created last season and Onana was on 3 this season after 3 games.

Cant remember the name, @BlueToff @TheBigIguana @Nymzee do you guys know?

Should never have sacked him, a popular manager with the squad who was short a defensive midfielder.

Fans wanted him out by that point and he didn't defend himself when the brass turned up at finch farm