2023/24 Sean Dyche

Our manager used it in the context of a question about playing attacking football. In this case, mentioning that the xG indicates we are creating good quality chances and should have scored more is relevant.

It's the finishing that is a concern but if he keeps being asked the same questions, he'll give the same answers.

He also said he's sticking to his tried and tested methods that hes used over years.
We've lost 7 of the last 8 home games.
He might want to look these methods.
He's actually starting to come over as an arrogant deluded stubborn idiot.
Your result are absolute dross. Start owning it.

Was thinking last night that, as long as things don't start to look critical, it's probably worth just sticking with him for the season and then just punting him straight after the last day, giving us a proper 3-4 weeks at the start of the summer to really think about the next one.

He also said he's sticking to his tried and tested methods that hes used over years.
We've lost 7 of the last 8 home games.
He might want to look these methods.
He's actually starting to come over as an arrogant deluded stubborn idiot.
Your result are absolute dross. Start owning it.
He has said it's not good enough and it needs to improve even when we had those two wins. I agree he needs to be getting better outcomes but I think the criticism has to be fair.

Our manager used it in the context of a question about playing attacking football. In this case, mentioning that the xG indicates we are creating good quality chances and should have scored more is relevant.

It's the finishing that is a concern but if he keeps being asked the same questions, he'll give the same answers.
But we’re not, how many clear cut chances did we create against Luton? 3 of our 5 shots on goal came in the scramble for the goal

This is the issue. He’s using XG in his favour as a way to say “oh look at how boss we are” when 99% of the fanbase can see what’s actually happening with their eyes

He has said it's not good enough and it needs to improve even when we had those two wins. I agree he needs to be getting better outcomes but I think the criticism has to be fair.

He doesnt like criticism. You can see how arsey he gets when anyone dare question him.
Tbh he's starting to annoy me a bit now.
Its the crowds fault.....
Its the players fault.....
Everything sean dyche is doing is correct....

But we’re not, how many clear cut chances did we create against Luton? 3 of our 5 shots on goal came in the scramble for the goal

This is the issue. He’s using XG in his favour as a way to say “oh look at how boss we are” when 99% of the fanbase can see what’s actually happening with their eyes
I think you need to rewatch the first 10/15 mins of that game....we had several very good chances to score
I don't like the xg stats but like a few games this season, we started quite well didn't take chances and then lost our way and the game...dyches subs never seem to work either

Will give him first half second half was just flat didnt really test them
Yeah second half was awful. First half we should have been out of sight but somehow ended up being 2 down.

Same story as a lot of games so far this season. Our play in the final third (at both ends) is woeful.

This xG talk is mad, the only question dyche should be asked is, did their keeper have to make a save against Luton? And the answer is no. Luton won’t have an easier game all season we were useless from about 15 mins in. I don’t need xG to tell me that, I can see it with my own eyes and so can everyone else. So I don’t know who dyche is trying to kid? He’d get more respect if he just came out and said we were terrible and we need to do better.

Yeah second half was awful. First half we should have been out of sight but somehow ended up being 2 down.

Same story as a lot of games so far this season. Our play in the final third (at both ends) is woeful.

In many ways we are better against midtable and better teams.

The teams we struggle against are sides happy to sit off, keep it tight, ask us to break them down and exploit spaces on the transition , its a clear problem, especially at home. Thats a job of work for him.

It needs guile but it also needs shoring up.

Is video game nonsense with no real world application
I'm having a twitter argument with an american FIFA virgin about how xG is this decades possession.

The only stat that matters is the score. All the others are just indicators to the pattern of the game & great for managers to roll out for excuses. I'd rather win 1-0 with 20% possession and an xG of 0.8 every week.

(I'm still hyper-sensitive to stats being used as excuses since Bobby Brown Shoes' legendary 'we won the posession' line - I will likely never get over it... I think on my death bed my last words will be 'BUT POSSESSION MEANS EFF ALL IF YOU CAN'T PUT THE BALL IN THE BACK OF THE EFFING NET, ROBERTO AAAAggghghhhh'. Thank you for this free therapy session.)

The most incredible thing is, if we win against Bournemouth, Dyches' weird lovers' army will gather here again and call out everyone who doesn't back the ginger tactician and doesn't understand he's the best and only choice for us.

As it is in the two others thirds, to be honest.