2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose next week and possibly the following game also, realistically who are we looking at considering our lack of finance? He and his team will have to be paid off too.

It may have to be existing staff repurposed things are that dire. Baines? Get Ferguson back if he is available and would do it for a low fee? The alternative options are not exactly compelling.

I'm far from calling for his head but just watched his post-match interview and he's having a laugh saying "we started well". On what planet? We nearly conceded after 30 seconds ffs. The only half decent spell I saw from us was at the end of the first half when we were 2-0 down already.

Squad is just a shambles all round. We have the same thing again and again. These players have let us down all the time and yet we go into season thinking things will be different. Definition of insanity.

If we lose next week and possibly the following game also, realistically who are we looking at considering our lack of finance? He and his team will have to be paid off too.

It may have to be existing staff repurposed things are that dire. Baines? Get Ferguson back if he is available and would do it for a low fee? The alternative options are not exactly compelling.
This is the big problem with hiring a Dyche. If he can't motivate the players, where do you go from there?

We will not have a queue of top young coaches wanting the challenge so where you do you turn aside from somebody like Allardyce?

My confusion and disappointment with him is growing, but I think we have to stick. I think the squad is better than what he has extracted since he has been here. But the same can be said for all recent managers (apart from Carlos run of generating points with 4 CBs) otherwise why would we sack them if we thought they were getting the most out of the squad.

He needs to get more out of them after all the meetings about consistency and mentality and hard yards. It’s not sinking in. We’ve seen todays performance regularly for years under managers with differing styles. Needs to pivot onto a different way of mentally preparing them (no players that have made it through academies, played at least youth international football, been scouted by at least one club other than Everton are as bad as what they keep showing in matches - Keane was like Van Basten in training this week).

In terms of effort and tenacity, we may approach a point for the first time in ages where a few positions have genuine competition. Maybe that will finally produce more of the better performances. We will soon be able to drop (relatively) decent players if they don’t perform. McNeil might have to fight his way back into the side if Harrison is fit and playing and Dobbin does well. Coleman will immediately replace Patterson if he doesn’t wake up. If Myko wants to play ever again he needs to pull up some trees. Clutching at straws obviously.

Ferguson would be a disaster, please don't.

What team, he hasn't got one. It's him and Stone/Woan it seems. It's a bit of a thing with me as many coaches change their backroom teams and update them with new people to keep in touch with the latest methods, Dyche has had the same 2 guys the entire time he has managed, it's a very small backroom team. Everyone else involved are just generic EFC staff members.

What team, he hasn't got one. It's him and Stone/Woan it seems. It's a bit of a thing with me as many coaches change their backroom teams and update them with new people to keep in touch with the latest methods, Dyche has had the same 2 guys the entire time he has managed, it's a very small backroom team. Everyone else involved are just generic EFC staff members.
Can we afford to pay off 3 guys the remainder of their contracts and hire (three?) new ones? Not sure

Honestly anyone remember the interview after the last game of season.he said I have lots to think about i ve been through it boy we have I have it all in here,major changes are needed I know got the lot ... mate nothing has changed little crappy links with bargain basement players call them out or your getting sacked anyway just a [Poor language removed] shield otherwise

I can’t get past his decision to pick Keane. He reluctantly dropped him at the end of last season, the final straw seemingly when Keane gave away a penalty at Leicester and then tried to argue the decision by showing the referee where it hit him on the arm.
View attachment BB7F932F-82F1-4FBE-9E8C-7CC6B34E48EB.webp
Keane being dropped resulted in us picking up 7 points from our last 4 games, only losing to Manchester City.
Despite this massive upturn in form after dropping Keane, Dyche has brought him back into the team, despite having a youngster in Branthwaite who played so well on loan last year that PSV wanted to buy him and he’s been linked with Manchester United. We’ve now conceded 4 goals in a game with calamity Keane again at the centre of defence. It’s absolutely beyond belief that he keeps getting picked.
I can’t even find the energy to discuss how Maupay still gets minutes on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back