2023/24 Sean Dyche

Is it the players or is it instruction that once we take a deserved lead we sit back and let the opposition attack at will and create more chances than before we score. Seems like an invite to attack and create chances
He probably has a system of play that allows us to be attacking when the game is in the balance and then something to soak up pressure when we take a lead. He probably doesn't feel the first system I've mentioned is enough to keep us from conceding when we go 1 up.

I question his team selection every week but he keeps delivering. Without the deduction we’re 11th - he’s doing an INCREDIBLE job. Truly wouldn’t want anyone else in charge.

Pragmstic? Yes. Awful on the eye? Yes. But he’s steadying this sinking ship so fair play.
My opinion, it wouldn't even be awful on the eye if the players could just finish.

Beto should have slotted an easy one and McNeil cleared off the line. Missed big chances against United as well etc

Dyche's issues for mine is his subs (Probably doesn't trust his paperthin squad) and home form. Both are capable of being sorted out.

My opinion, it wouldn't even be awful on the eye if the players could just finish.

Beto should have slotted an easy one and McNeil cleared off the line. Missed big chances against United as well etc

Dyche's issues for mine is his subs (Probably doesn't trust his paperthin squad) and home form. Both are capable of being sorted out.
Dyche is miraculously doing a really good job, but he has some big faults for me too.

He's struck lucky in Branthwaite, that's for sure. We'll never know if he wasn't playing because he wasn't fully fit, or whether he genuinely preferred Keane at the start of the season, but it was shocking to see him selected. He's a last-ditch option for me is Keane. That deffo cost us points in those home games we lost.

Then he again got lucky in needing to switch Garner to CM despite Gana and Onana looking like they couldn't play together. Immediately we looked better with Garner and Onana together. Garner at right wing, no wonder we couldn't score against Fulham and Wolves at home when you're relying on good wing play to feed your only striker.

Young was fine yesterday but he doesn't deserve to be playing, and that's going to be detrimental to Patterson knowing that even if he comes in and plays fine, he's immediately back out for a 38-year-old fella that's never played right back in his career.

Still, Dyche also has a lot of mitigating factors in that he very likely would have gone nowhere near Beto or Danjuma if he had any money, and are terribly short on numbers. We're fooked if Pickford, DCL or one of the CB gets a bad injury.

He’s the man for me.

Were In a dire situation. Hes making it bareable.

Is it ugly on the eye at times? Yes. Can he be frustrating? Yes. But what manager isn’t? Feel he gets far too much stick.
I don’t think he’s playing ugly football.
It’s effective and hardworking football.
Ugly football is possession for the sake of possession with 90mins of sideways passing with zero shot on target.