2023/24 Sean Dyche

….definitely not tongue in cheek, I’ve been really impressed with how he sets this team up and gives us a chance of winning games. There’s a stereotype of his teams playing hoof ball, of him having favourites, on players being ‘Dyche fit’ but lots of the time I don’t mind watching his Everton.

He manages to cope with key players being out and he encourages players to get forward. There was a point in the first half at City where we had 4 players in the box when we broke down the right. He has to deal with the lack of quality in the top third, wide players without the ability to go past opposition players.

We struggle against the poorer teams who sit in because we haven’t got the talent to score or create from nothing, yet we still had enough chances to win last night. Apparently only one team has conceded less than us from open play, that’s an impressive testament to him and even last night it took a worldly for Palace to score.

I’d actually like to see Dyche working with an effective DoF who provides him with the attacking ammunition we need. We’re lucky to have Dyche at this time.

All of this.

Also add we need unity now until the end of the season, the job of work is we are in a real competition between Luton and Forest, id back us to better them on the field, we have existential threats as we know, that will give and take from it - but the club needs to be united, we've thought we have had tough times before but the next 3 months is all out war, on and off the field.

We need to play our part and positively influence all we can.

I'm very much in the Dyche camp, but last night made me realise I only want him as a short term solution.

He's a master preparing defences but is useless coaching attacking play. Utterly pitiful, those laboured Mykolenko-McNeill-Mykolenko-Branthwaite patterns then back to Pickford to hoof. It is actually embarrassing watching that for 90 minutes as an Evertonian.

I think that the one thing we will agree upon on this subject eggs is that Dyche is probably the best manager to keep us in the division with no investment in the team.

To be honest , and I accept I'm in a minority, Id rather see us play decent football in the Championship.

I genuinely don't think the club can continue this spiral of selling our only decent players and replacing with journeymen to play negative football with the sole intention of staying on the gravy train.
Moyes was miles better. Very little investment and had us top half consistently.

It's amazing how we stopped hoofing it up the pitch once we put a midfielder on who can actually pass. Tarkowski's diagonals aren't hoofing it.

I wonder if Dyche's instructions to Onana were "hey, forget everything we practice and everything I know about football. I want you to stop hoofing it up the pitch and start passing to feet."
I would say a definite No to this hypothesis.

Unless Onana took the action of his own volition.

Dyche can be frustrating and last night was an example of it. Every manager who doesn't have teams winning regularly, or winning trophies frequently is likely to be under scrutiny by that teams fanbase for their flaws. And Dyche has a few annoying ones like persistence with certain players to the detriment of the team (Young) and not making changes quickly enough.

Overall though, I think a lot of our fans expectations for this season are delusional and unfair on him.

Ignoring the points deduction (which has to be done when judging Dyche's performance) he has earned us 30 points from 25 games which would have us in 12th place. It's only 6 points off last seasons total with 13 games left and we have been weakened each window for the last few years.

He has been up against it since he arrived with a weak squad and turmoil off the pitch with uncertainty and yet he's given us a real chance of survival despite a 10 point deduction. I think he's done a great job in the circumstances.

If he had taken over when we were finishing 8th with some far more talented players then these results and performances wouldn't be acceptable, but he hasn't.

Dyche is so stubborn it's unbelievable

Every man and his dog could see that Ashley young is a liability and awful in general and yet halftime he keeps him on hoping for him to come good?????

Also we had to win that game to give the whole club a lift so WHY PLAY HIM IN THE 1ST PLACE, he produces nothing in an attacking sense and is a liability in a defending sense.

Dyche is on borrowed time

See happy clappers in full voice .. sets us up well, yeah right, that first half last night was Dyche personified . Going the match is kin agonising . He is and always be a one trick pony who will lean experienced players to the fullest, irrelevant if they are gash.
How about starting on the front foot against dire opposition? You absolute dullard tactical dinosaur.

The manager plays with a strong number 9 who can hold the ball up and occupy defenders on his own. Which fits more Beto than Richarlison and would hint at Dyche’s involvement in signing Beto. Agreed though I haven’t written him off as like Mykolenko foreign players can take time to settle. There’s been no short term impact for the near £30m outlay though, which isn’t helping and worse than they’d have hoped for.
Difficult to stick up for that signing - from the outside it seems that the £30m was a kind of Klarna loan - we probably would've paid much less if we actually had the cash.

It's weird we keep on outlaying so much on strikers and then not give them a run to gain some PL experience - Niasse, Maupay, Beto, Tosun, Sandro - like we buy them, see them in training and then too embarassed to play them.

Perhaps there is some element of performance-related-pay that means we save by not playing them ?

….definitely not tongue in cheek, I’ve been really impressed with how he sets this team up and gives us a chance of winning games. There’s a stereotype of his teams playing hoof ball, of him having favourites, on players being ‘Dyche fit’ but lots of the time I don’t mind watching his Everton.

He manages to cope with key players being out and he encourages players to get forward. There was a point in the first half at City where we had 4 players in the box when we broke down the right. He has to deal with the lack of quality in the top third, wide players without the ability to go past opposition players.

We struggle against the poorer teams who sit in because we haven’t got the talent to score or create from nothing, yet we still had enough chances to win last night. Apparently only one team has conceded less than us from open play, that’s an impressive testament to him and even last night it took a worldly for Palace to score.

I’d actually like to see Dyche working with an effective DoF who provides him with the attacking ammunition we need. We’re lucky to have Dyche at this time.

Sense

See happy clappers in full voice .. sets us up well, yeah right, that first half last night was Dyche personified . Going the match is kin agonising . He is and always be a one trick pony who will lean experienced players to the fullest, irrelevant if they are gash.
How about starting on the front foot against dire opposition? You absolute dullard tactical dinosaur.
As if any Evertonian is happy right now.

For me thats down to the instruction and tactics from the manager not the quality of player, our wingers go inside and very rare we have the FBs overlapping.

I dont think our full backs have the pace or ability to regularly beat a man in the final third and deliver any worthwhile delivery into the box.

Mykolenko - as much as he's improved this season, hasn't registered a single Premier League assist yet.

At right back? Even Coleman when fit hasn't the best delivery. Loves a floating cross. Young? Godfrey? Patterson?

Our wingers lack pace to drop back and support, too should we give our full backs who can't cross a ball or beat a man licence to get forward more.