2023/24 Sean Dyche

I cannot remember the last time a goalkeeper made a genuinely class save on one of our efforts.

For all our 'chances' it's all directly at the keeper, flashed wide or blazed hopelessly over. We saw all of those today, in fact several of each, but not one actual quality save from Onana.

I don't think Dyche or his coaching team has it in them to improve these players. Mykolenko was supposedly one of our most improved players but he's back to looking horribly inadequate again.

No argument from me, it was a crass joke, but you can either worry about every issue that life has or you can try some gallows humour.

Anyway, what about them blues?
Fair enough. Wouldn't normally have gotten worked up enough to say anything. Just didn't expect to see it in a non-political thread and just so wound up right now that it hit me different.

Happy to shake hands and move on. Back to the regularly scheduled moan.

Last edited:
I've always been a believer that the buck stops with the manager and if you're not getting results for a long period of time he should be sacked. But I'm just not sure it's Dyches fault. We just can't score goals. I don't think we can afford to sack him anyway and if we did, I haven't got a clue who we bring in.

Total mess but who’s responsible? Given the chances Everton are creating that would suggest Dyche is setting up the team to create chances. The players cannot put the ball in the net. Is it the players fault or lack of coaching, but does a professional football player earning tens of thousands pounds per week need to be coached to put the ball in the net 🤔

Total mess but who’s responsible? Given the chances Everton are creating that would suggest Dyche is setting up the team to create chances. The players cannot put the ball in the net. Is it the players fault or lack of coaching, but does a professional football player earning tens of thousands pounds per week need to be coached to put the ball in the net 🤔
I think we are way too forgiving of our players. Sadly, in the absence of any board, any manager is left making do with dross.

He keeps playing the same system game after game and its 11 games without a win now. I genuinely have grown to dislike him more each week due to his inability to change formation or change his in game management. This team is representative of this manager and both are utter cack. If he was in charge at any other club he would have been booted with this record. He is simply not good enough for this football club and the supporters need to tell him. I know this squad Is awful but its more than capable of better than this. This is heading one way especially if we get further points deducted.

I cannot remember the last time a goalkeeper made a genuinely class save on one of our efforts.

For all our 'chances' it's all directly at the keeper, flashed wide or blazed hopelessly over. We saw all of those today, in fact several of each, but not one actual quality save from Onana.

I don't think Dyche or his coaching team has it in them to improve these players. Mykolenko was supposedly one of our most improved players but he's back to looking horribly inadequate again.
Wasn’t West Ham’s keeper MOM last week?

I've always been a believer that the buck stops with the manager and if you're not getting results for a long period of time he should be sacked. But I'm just not sure it's Dyches fault. We just can't score goals. I don't think we can afford to sack him anyway and if we did, I haven't got a clue who we bring in.
We're not scoring goals because of the way the team plays. Thats on Dyche.

Dyche!
It's his job to motivate and set up the team with the objective to win games.
If he wants more aggression and willingness to give blood to score, then that is something he has to cultivate and instill.
It's his job to analyze performances and fix the problems.
A good manager can get the best out of the crappiest of players.
I don't care how many XG points we amass, or how many chances are created, or how well we play (and still get beaten).
I just want us to score goals. I don't care the how or the who, just 'kin score. That really is all that matters in the end.
Change the record, shake things up, do something radical. Some people have suggested putting Keane up front. Maybe, who knows, but at this point it is evident the current set up is not working.
Fix it!

Sorry. Rant over. Just venting some frustration here!!

But if you had say Richarlison on the end of any of that... we're scoring.

I think people miss the the fact that there's a limit to what these players can do.

Last time we won at OT was Oviedo in 2013. Last few draws have been under The Waiter, Carlo, and Big Dunc.
We won the first duel in 92 vs them, and this one against Moyes.

He keeps playing the same system game after game and its 11 games without a win now. I genuinely have grown to dislike him more each week due to his inability to change formation or change his in game management. This team is representative of this manager and both are utter cack. If he was in charge at any other club he would have been booted with this record. He is simply not good enough for this football club and the supporters need to tell him. I know this squad Is awful but its more than capable of better than this. This is heading one way especially if we get further points deducted.
Totally agree - he needs abusing at the match and has to be hounded out asap.

The fans have forced change of manager before, they can do it again even under these circumstances.

While the fans are not in open revolt over this nothing will change .

I think he’s plenty good enough for late Moshiri era/pre Josh Wander Everton. The Everton we have now is not the 1987 version. He wouldn’t have been interviewed for that Everton. His job is to keep points-deducted Everton up by the skin of their teeth. I expect he’ll do that. If he does, mission accomplished.

If we want better, we need to demand better at the very top of the club. Failing that, with no deductions, this fella would have us 13th or 14th. Par for the course.