2023/24 Sean Dyche

Common sense says, if you can’t do it yourself, ie the problem of scoring goals, get someone into help.

Surely there must be professional striking coaches out there, who could be brought into to assist.

I’ve kept my powder dry on Dyche until now, as I accepted from day one, the problems he’s had to face, with the club being a total mess both on and off the field and then the points deduction, but he’s starting to look clueless right now.
This, 100%

You would have thought Thelwell, Chong or some decision maker at the club would be forcing him to look for some outside help

Common sense says, if you can’t do it yourself, ie the problem of scoring goals, get someone into help.

Surely there must be professional striking coaches out there, who could be brought into to assist.

I’ve kept my powder dry on Dyche until now, as I accepted from day one, the problems he’s had to face, with the club being a total mess both on and off the field and then the points deduction, but he’s starting to look clueless right now.

Didn't he say during the week hes brought in a performance psychologist to work with the players around the mental block of scoring.

You're obsessed about Patterson. Dyche has obviously prioritised a strong defence. And that seems to be the only decent thing we have going for us.

Now if you're saying mix it up and play Patterson on the right side of a tight midfield I'd be wholly supportive of that. I'm just saying at the moment we can't risk our defence buckling when grinding out 1-0s is pretty much our best hope of survival!
Oh the irony

You're obsessed about Patterson. Dyche has obviously prioritised a strong defence. And that seems to be the only decent thing we have going for us.

Now if you're saying mix it up and play Patterson on the right side of a tight midfield I'd be wholly supportive of that. I'm just saying at the moment we can't risk our defence buckling when grinding out 1-0s is pretty much our best hope of survival!

Well here’s the thing, it’s 2024 and full backs are supposed to contribute to more than “the defence”. Watch how every other team’s fullbacks play, and then watch how ours play. We are prehistoric. Nobody else uses full backs as part of a flat back 4, they are a key component to how teams attack.

Has godfrey made it a strong defence been at faul for two goals now, for me yesterday i would have made the sub at rb as behind anyways. Try patterson at rb to give us more of an atracking threat think it was like 50 minutes in godfrey had space thrn put in another poor ball. I just think his suba are poor

Well here’s the thing, it’s 2024 and full backs are supposed to contribute to more than “the defence”. Watch how every other team’s fullbacks play, and then watch how ours play. We are prehistoric. Nobody else uses full backs as part of a flat back 4, they are a key component to how teams attack.
Under Carlo we played 4 centre backs across the back 4 in the December, the months that saw us beat Chelsea and Arsenal and sitting in the top 4.

Holgate - Mina - Keane - Godfrey.

It’s horses for courses. If you have decent attacking options in front of the defence you don’t rely on the full backs getting forward as much.

Dyche has Harrison, McNeill, Garner and Doucoure.

Was he? Do you always get this carried away and lunge into sensationalism?

I personally cannot recall anybody claiming he had performed miracles? If anything it was more of a sense of relief from most people.

Here you go again with the second line of your response! Where have I said winning 7 out of 29 is sound? All I claimed was that he had made the side a bit more solid structurally and a bit less weaker minded.

You should write for the Daily Mail, you seem to have a skill at trying to twist somebody’s response to you into something completely different.
You must have missed the countless number of ‘Dyche saved us’ comments on here

I'm sure Mr Rooney would jump at the chance to help out. As long he doesn't get any ideas about becoming our next manager

Under Carlo we played 4 centre backs across the back 4 in the December, the months that saw us beat Chelsea and Arsenal and sitting in the top 4.

Holgate - Mina - Keane - Godfrey.

It’s horses for courses. If you have decent attacking options in front of the defence you don’t rely on the full backs getting forward as much.

Dyche has Harrison, McNeill, Garner and Doucoure.
Agree with that but when 2-0 and the space they give us on thr right i would have made the change

I still think this;

It's all about results, isn't it?

This is the form table since we last won a game on 16th December against Burnley;

View attachment 247927

If our next 10 games are the same as the last - we go down.

... up next,

Man Utd Away
Bournemouth Away
Newcastle Away
Burnley Home

... if we don't get a win/5+ points from those, that would be 14 league games without a win - too many.

You'd then have to decide whether we trust a manager to force the issue and start winning games or press the panic button.

I really do worry about our mentality at Goodison, and Dyches' football going into these the likes of Burnley, Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd with the pressure of needing to win. We can't do %, negative football at home because they'll dig in deep, and we won't have the quality in the final third and we'll bottle it.

He was spot on with his last comments - it's his, and his coaching teams responsibility as much as any to start scoring goals but the worry is;
  • Dyche has coached 303 games in the Premier League his teams have scored 297 goals in those games, less than 1 goal a game.

We can talk about mitigation all day but It's all about Everton. It's all about results. The below is since we last won a game;

1710069710769.png

Look at the goals scored in comparison to the rest. If that doesn't improve, we go down.

... The club is a chaotic mess and he's not being sacked while we're above the bottom 3 but if it was my decision, I'd be sounding out potential replacements on any ongoing shortlist they have and sack him if we don't pickup a win by Burnley.

You can't go 14 games without winning a league game and expect to keep your job. Within his first week Dyche spoke about he's only there because of the previous managers results - he's not soft.

For me, if we can't win one of the next 3, then enough is enough and you have to make the change in the hope any new manager can lift the team to find results vs the likes of Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd at home.

My biggest worry for some time has been that run of home games - Dyche's pragmatic/% football is what we've needed but he's gone too far with it and we can't turn it and take the game to teams at Goodison. It's toxic, the fans don't believe and neither do the players. Our home form is a disgrace.

Whatever your opinion on Calvert-Lewin, the truth is he's in the worst run of his career. Thelwell needs sacking if Beto is as bad as he's looked so far and we should never be paying £15m for development players in Chermiti in our position. Danjuma would have cost a few mill too, as I'm sure Harrison has.

McNeil looks terrible - when so many players are off their game - there's not one player in the final third I'd say Dyche is getting the best out of.

I still think this;

We can talk about mitigation all day but It's all about Everton. It's all about results. The below is since we last won a game;

View attachment 248415

Look at the goals scored in comparison to the rest. If that doesn't improve, we go down.

... The club is a chaotic mess and he's not being sacked while we're above the bottom 3 but if it was my decision, I'd be sounding out potential replacements on any ongoing shortlist they have and sack him if we don't pickup a win by Burnley.

You can't go 14 games without winning a league game and expect to keep your job. Within his first week Dyche spoke about he's only there because of the previous managers results - he's not soft.

For me, if we can't win one of the next 3, then enough is enough and you have to make the change in the hope any new manager can lift the team to find results vs the likes of Nottingham Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd at home.

My biggest worry for some time has been that run of home games - Dyche's pragmatic/% football is what we've needed but he's gone too far with it and we can't turn it and take the game to teams at Goodison. It's toxic, the fans don't believe and neither do the players. Our home form is a disgrace.

Whatever your opinion on Calvert-Lewin, the truth is he's in the worst run of his career. Thelwell needs sacking if Beto is as bad as he's looked so far and we should never be paying £15m for development players in Chermiti in our position. Danjuma would have cost a few mill too, as I'm sure Harrison has.

McNeil looks terrible - when so many players are off their game - there's not one player in the final third I'd say Dyche is getting the best out of.
Dyche is 20/1+ on being the next manager sacked, below Kompany, Wilder, Ten Haag, Poch, Moyes, Frank and Howe. No manager to be sacked is 4/1.

Unless the ownership situation is sorted, there’s virtually no chance that Dyche is under threat whatever happens and even if it is sorted, I see it as highly unlikely going into the last 10 games (there would just be 7 left after the Burnley game).