2023/24 Sean Dyche

Ok Zat; they both started their managerial career in 2011 and Dyche has never ver tried to be anything other than defence first

But sure, next year we’ll be free flowing and hopefully score more than 14 goals from open play

Aspirations and that
Don't see that either not under Dyche, despite I would like to see us playing in 3-4-2-1 or 3-5-2 which I see as a suitable formation for the team.

I believe we played 3 at the back 3 times this season, Burnley, Aston Villa Cup both won, but a miserable game against Wolves away.

Ok Zat; they both started their managerial career in 2011 and Dyche has never ver tried to be anything other than defence first

But sure, next year we’ll be free flowing and hopefully score more than 14 goals from open play

Aspirations and that

Im simply saying that it took a decade for Simeone to build a more attack minded approach.

He needed a couple of top forwards to be the difference maker while being defence first.

We dont have those 2 players.

He went defence first, but his team pressed relentlessly and tried to be on the opponent's feet relentlessly. And they were able to do it 90 minutes a game. Probably the most intense football of any team I've seen at that time. It's more accurate to compare 15/16 Leicester to this style.

Another thing I don't see at Dyche is the overload wide. Simeone is also renowned for his attention to detail and quick adaptability to a game's changing situations, which made them a comeback king for many occasions.

Simeone had the players & when weve pressed teams this season weve actually looked better.

Exactly , which is why I regard it as very poor management (if it happened) as the same reaction is likely to be developing amongst the players.
It is a sign of weakness from someone in authority not strength.
Tbf if Klopp did that at Liverpool the Liverpool fans would side with Klopp. You get away with it based on how good the fans think you are.

Im simply saying that it took a decade for Simeone to build a more attack minded approach.

He needed a couple of top forwards to be the difference maker while being defence first.

We dont have those 2 players.

Simeone had the players & when weve pressed teams this season weve actually looked better
I agree that he had lethal high-scoring finishers all the years that we don't have. Our finishing is the worst in the league this season true. We did better when we pressed, but we play too anxiously in most of our games.

They had a lot of success over the years, so there was no reason to change as it worked. The team stayed together and was used to each other for a couple of seasons. Around 2017/2018 the upheaval came, as many of them left due to retirement and age. It started to crack a bit, especially offensively scoring around 50-55 goals all season, but the defence still worked pretty well, with 25 goals conceded till 2020.

This peaked in 19/20 when Atletico went on a lot of draws, ending most games on 1:1 or 0:0. He was questioned by the media, they were around 8th in the table, about to miss CL for the first time in a full season of Simeone. He had fan/board support all the time but was about to step down.

So basically he changed as his last resort because his old system didn't as before and was forced, it worked out well for them since then to have more approaches.

Not a good look at all.

Genuine question though - how many games without a win do we go before we sack him?
Had the exact same thought this morning. I'm not trying to be snarky, either. I'd also like to know, genuinely: For the ones who still think he's doing a good job - where is the line at which your mind would change? I mean, if 11 games without a win isn't enough, what is the actual number that would make you say, "ok, that's it"?

Sounds like Patterson was being a tad boisterous at the dinner table and was making a scene in which Dyche intervened as the pack leader.

Patterson in that situation either needed to have kept his heed down or step up and challenge Dyches position as Alpha pack leader.

I can understand young Patterson's frustration with the lack of game time however leaking matters to the press following this wont do the boy any favours.

this may well have been Dyche "testing" the boy to see if he has the fire in the belly that Dyche wants in his starting 11 in which based on him going crying to the press - he's come out that test with a Fail.
You've just made all that up.