2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s gone very, very stale under Dyche. The biggest change from when we were picking up wins is the lack of energy (and goals obviously!) and without that energy the way he wants to play isn’t going to work.
Dyche needs to stop rewarding terrible performances of players with a guaranteed start every week and has to change something, history and his career so far tells us he won’t.
Circling the drain ad infinitum. What. A. Club.

No different to the other 19 teams in the league as well. Such a poor excuse and excuse which means I’ve ran out of ideas.
Dyche is Martinez levels of gaslighting, telling us all Everton played well.... I`m not buying that the fact we haven`t won in 12 is anything beyond the total incompetency of this manager. There was a reason no one would touch him before us, clueless.

That was a mid season break for us, all that time to prepare, he had weeks with them and came up with the idea of more of the same with same faces, he's losing the fans.
I’m more worried he’s losing the players!! What a grim bunch they looked walking out the tunnel yesterday, like condemned men.

When he came in he had everybody giving 100% every minute, with absolute commitment and a high press that caught everyone out. Getting limited players to give their all with high intensity play was working and we were grinding out points and should’ve been midtable without the deduction.

So what is it?
A) He’s changed his tactics and is a moron - seems unlikely
B)The players are exhausted after playing too hard early season which they’ve never done before and we have minor injuries and niggles stopping us being 100% effective - I had hoped that but most of the team was just off for three weeks so seems unlikely
C)The players aren’t doing what they’re told anymore - seems unlikely given the level of commitment that was being shown and having characters like Tarkowski, Coleman, Pickford and Young towing the company line and telling players what the demands are.

So here’s what I think it is on reflection:
Teams know how we play effectively now and we have no plan b.
We destroyed Bournemouth with our press earlier in the season because they constantly knocked the ball about at the back but yesterday they played far more direct because they learned their lesson.
Dyche did a good job getting a solid plan a in place which Lampard or Benitez never managed to work out but this is where he has to earn his money - we’ve been sussed out! The top clubs survive our press by having the firepower to outscore us if they do make mistakes (or we miss all our chances like against Man U) and the mid/lower table teams change their tactics and we have no clue

Watch us play well against Newcastle and Burnley because they never change their tactics but this can’t go on. We need a plan b or to Dyche needs to go.

When he came in he had everybody giving 100% every minute, with absolute commitment and a high press that caught everyone out. Getting limited players to give their all with high intensity play was working and we were grinding out points and should’ve been midtable without the deduction.

So what is it?
A) He’s changed his tactics and is a moron - seems unlikely
B)The players are exhausted after playing too hard early season which they’ve never done before and we have minor injuries and niggles stopping us being 100% effective - I had hoped that but most of the team was just off for three weeks so seems unlikely
C)The players aren’t doing what they’re told anymore - seems unlikely given the level of commitment that was being shown and having characters like Tarkowski, Coleman, Pickford and Young towing the company line and telling players what the demands are.

So here’s what I think it is on reflection:
Teams know how we play effectively now and we have no plan b.
We destroyed Bournemouth with our press earlier in the season because they constantly knocked the ball about at the back but yesterday they played far more direct because they learned their lesson.
Dyche did a good job getting a solid plan a in place which Lampard or Benitez never managed to work out but this is where he has to earn his money - we’ve been sussed out! The top clubs survive our press by having the firepower to outscore us if they do make mistakes (or we miss all our chances like against Man U) and the mid/lower table teams change their tactics and we have no clue

Watch us play well against Newcastle and Burnley because they never change their tactics but this can’t go on. We need a plan b or to Dyche needs to go.

Dyche has never had a plan B mate.

He is in last chance saloon now .
Results are dire, football is completely rubbish worse than under fat sam ,much worse , talks absolute rubbish and most fans have got little good will in the bank for him.
He has been dealt a bad hand off the field but even accounting for that he isn't showing. Anything and you can't help feeling the players are not buying into him or his set up anymore than the fans are.
Important week coming up , the prospect of that shower up north beating us, pionts deduction and Burnley , who will deffo give us a game.
If it goes bad I would don't he is capable of getting anything out of these players.
He simply just doesn't seem to improve or inspire them or the fans for that matter.