2023/24 Sean Dyche

Had to double take in the second half, reminded me of that Brazil 1970 team at one point. #teamdyche

12.gif

It's a trait we've had for years now.

The players bottle it at Goodison when there's any expectation whatsoever.

Even under Ancelotti when the wheels come off we lost to the likes of Burnley, Sheff Utd at Goodison.
Anyone can lose to anyone, that isn’t my issue.

My problem, especially at home, is our whole game plan being about stifling a laughably poor opposition, who have an inferior squad of players, rather than attempting anything positive ourselves.

We won that game due to an absolute gift from their GK, that’s it.

And that pragmatism has seen us achieve the seasons objective. Survive relegation.

Or at least we'd have done it comfortably by now if the league never took 6 points, and likely more next week.

It's not pragmatism it's just the way he plays. Give him 200 mill and he would play the same.

It'll keep us up but it's not going to create a buzz at the new ground.

Anyone can lose to anyone, that isn’t my issue.

My problem, especially at home, is our whole game plan being about stifling a laughably poor opposition, who have an inferior squad of players, rather than attempting anything positive ourselves.

We won that game due to an absolute gift from their GK, that’s it.
That laughably poor opposition drew 2-2 with 10 men against Chelsea. They have had a threat recently. Chelsea are crap but we're worse.

It's not pragmatism it's just the way he plays. Give him 200 mill and he would play the same.

It'll keep us up but it's not going to create a buzz at the new ground.

We don't know that though because he's only ever managed two crap teams.

He talks the talk on his playing style and he's openly said loads how he plays with what he has to get him the best chance of results.

We are seeing what happens at Burnley when you try style over substance. We directly benefited from it today. Kompany spent more in one summer than Dyche did in all his time there. The hipsters wanted Kompany in the summer.