2023/24 Sean Dyche

Nobody cheered the goal or the final whistle around me. Gifted a win by a team that could probably do the 9 points better they'd need to catch us up (with our forthcoming deduction) if they didn't try to play like City with players not even close to suitable for that.

Wouldn't really matter how they play, they're a Championship level side from back to front. Although so are Luton and they're giving it more of a go, but they're playing way above themselves as well first season in the PL.

Must be the worst promoted teams to come up, as a 3, that there's been.

As mediocre as we are, we're still better than Burnley all over the pitch near enough, man for man.

Last edited:
It's a truly odd situation at Everton.

It's the worst football I can ever remember ( worse than Allardyce) but on any view points wise Dyche is doing an excellent job in incredibly difficult circumstances.

I don't see the situation improving until we have new owners ( not 777).

Until then Dyche is the best chance of keeping Everton in the division.

Only problem is we could lose a generation of fans whilst he is at the helm.

I've no idea what the answer is. If the imperative is to stay in the PL until we get to BMD then you keep Dyche.

If we have ambition beyond that you roll the dice and get rid at the end of the season.

It is the worst football witnessed at GP in living memory.

The last 2 week’s performances have kind of made me realise that we are a lot worst than I originally thought and the form since December when we lost at spurs in a game we didn’t deserve to lose has gone on a steady downward curve.

To score 35 points with the attacking options he has available though is pretty decent. Harrison is bang average, McNeil has not produced any of the form he did end of last season, Doucoure has been absolutely woeful and DCL and Beto both look short of confidence and ability.

As much as I was wanting a change yesterday when I was watching that awful performance, I honestly don’t think there are many managers who would get much more out of this squad, it really is championship level from an offensive perspective.

As much as I hate our style of football and the fact that we did not win in like 13 games in a row but I still have to give him some credit for the fact that without the points deduction we would be on 35 right now and effectively safe from relegation. We are just 1 point shy of our total points from last season and we have the same amount of wins that forest and Leicester got last season with 7 games still left to play. It’s obviously not his fault that we got a points deduction but I just wish he would change his style of play to suit the opponent sometimes and stop with Stoke style long ball hoofing tactic all the time.
I guess the question is at the start of the season, what number of points this season did every think represented progress?

You can’t always relate progress exclusively to positions in the table…..points earned are however a good indicator as this is an objective measure.

We ended up on 36 points last season. I would have hoped for early to mid 40s even with the team we have (also taking into account the teams that had been promoted) - he is currently (without the deduction) tracking to 43 points, so if he maintains that progress at seasons end, in terms of a points haul he is ball park where I would have expected us to be in terms of progress. This is probably ok, given the drama off the field this season.

The bloody football is dire though and this is really, where I am struggling with him. The lack of goals, no creativity and horrendous run we have been on also doesn’t help with perception of his performance. To be honest I tend to flip flop with him in my overall assessment of how well he is or isn’t doing.

It's a truly odd situation at Everton.

It's the worst football I can ever remember ( worse than Allardyce) but on any view points wise Dyche is doing an excellent job in incredibly difficult circumstances.

I don't see the situation improving until we have new owners ( not 777).

Until then Dyche is the best chance of keeping Everton in the division.

Only problem is we could lose a generation of fans whilst he is at the helm.

I've no idea what the answer is. If the imperative is to stay in the PL until we get to BMD then you keep Dyche.

If we have ambition beyond that you roll the dice and get rid at the end of the season.
Mate we lost a generation of fans when when Bill Kenwright decided we should become little old Everton while the other lot where winning pots left,right and centre.

Dyche for the here and now is best person to ride out the storm.