2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the idea that we can't afford to sack him? We're paying his wages anyway, sack him you just keep on paying them.
I’m quietly confident that I could manage these charlatans better than Dyche has. I’ll do it for free. In fact the club can sell my ticket ok the website for the 4 home games I’m in the dugout for so they’ll actually be a couple of hundred quid up on the deal. Dyche can take Stone and Woan down to Bramley Moore to see if they can kick footballs across the river while I take training.

That performance was a disgrace. You couple it with our form and he's beyond lucky to be in a job. I just can't see us beating Forest on Sunday. The team looks completely spent.
Agree thought that team has stopped playing for him weeks a go.
Sadly looks like they are going though the motions not really believing in what they are doing

I know its not all down to him but he is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem as the season goes on. He hasnt punished poor performances by dropping players. Just to keep them on their toes. 1 win in 15 with the same tactics and players. I know we havent got the biggest squad but maybe dropping the odd one here and there could have been better. Weve now got a situation were 5 or 6 need dropping.

Story as old as time. Build a solid defensive base and grind out set piece goals. Do ok. Set piece goals dry up. Make some tweaks to try and find other (hoofy) ways of scoring, solid base disintegrates. Panic sets in, performances worsen, goals are leaked. Inevitable threshing.

Every limited manager has been down the same path. It worked for longer at Burnley because they had players who knew it was their peak, and fought to be PL players.

We have absolute wimps, most of whom are either 45 years old, or think they are better than Everton (but really aren’t), or would rather be at Lille or somewhere gentile. None of them watch any football. Or if did they’d see players like KDB who can barely run flying around the pitch clattering into people to stop counters. Anyone can do it. They have no idea the levels of effort and tenacity required be anything other than also rans. They dont love football. They aren’t desperate to win, they just don’t want to make a mistake that makes us lose. That’s enough for them. And yet repeatedly they do just that.

O.gif

We won’t win another game, forest and Luton are far better than us, have more fight. We are dead in the water.

Can't look at this result in isolation. Our form is abysmal. How does he raise the players for Forest? And then if that goes the wrong way, how can he be in the dugout for the derby?

I’ll say the same thing I’ve said for the last few months as it’s still true. Dyche is 100% safe under the current circumstances with the ownership, zero chance he goes anywhere until it’s sorted.

Whi is in charge? He'd be instantly called in after the final whistle and made to do some explaining if I was the owner or whoever was his de facto no 1.

No histrionics, just find out what he was going to do about it and if I didn't like what I was hearing he'd be getting a taxi home and we'd be getting an announcement on twitter. If I thought that he still knew what he was doing then I would be on top of it until we started delivering and then have a long hard think about his future after season end.

Mind you if I was in charge, I would have a replacement lined up ready to go at athe drop of a hat even if I had Pep as manager.

A rudderless club above Dyche and he isn't an Alex Ferguson who can generate that leadership to change a club.

He's got to be on his final chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back