2023/24 Sean Dyche

I couldnt care less if we lose badly to a team we cant beat. I really care if we cant beat Forest at home next week, thats whats important. Obviously Dyche shares the blame, but now people see WHY we cant play the more expansive play they cry for from him. He probably saw how many goals Chelsea conceded and thought he would take a chance and have a go at it and now we wont see them go forward for the rest of the season.

My bigger concern honestly is the lack of effort from players and how slow they are to balls and 50/50s. Maybe they arent motivated anymore. Maybe the high intensity Dyche demands is great early in the season, and then leaves them gassed in the final weeks(especially without others to sub in), and will be his downfall.
I think the anger is that he’s played Bournemouth and Burnley in recent games and just sits deep and smashes the ball up the pitch, when it’s crying out for more patient build up and using the midfielders. Then when we play a side full of attacking, pacy players, he’s decided it’s the day to start playing a different way. It’s up there with Lampard’s tactical acumen.

He’s gotten us 35pts so far. As horrifically bad his last few months have been, surely there’s still enough there between him and his squad of mostly bozos to scrape about 6 pts from these games?

We should greet the coach of every team playing Luton from here til the end of the season and throw our support behind them, as I think that’s who will keep us up. Cmon Brentford Wolves Wham and Fulham!

I couldnt care less if we lose badly to a team we cant beat. I really care if we cant beat Forest at home next week, thats whats important. Obviously Dyche shares the blame, but now people see WHY we cant play the more expansive play they cry for from him. He probably saw how many goals Chelsea conceded and thought he would take a chance and have a go at it and now we wont see them go forward for the rest of the season.

My bigger concern honestly is the lack of effort from players and how slow they are to balls and 50/50s. Maybe they arent motivated anymore. Maybe the high intensity Dyche demands is great early in the season, and then leaves them gassed in the final weeks(especially without others to sub in), and will be his downfall.
Good points made.

However the idea that our players are gassed should mean our fitness department dyche and anyone involved in that should walk immediately. We got knocked out of cups early. Don't play in Europe.

They look like cowards to me.

That is 7 halves of absolute turgid football I have witnessed since they came back from their jolly in Portugal, it is miles worse than before that break, as many predicted.

Forest will plough us next weekend, Dyche has to go tonight, these last 4 months have been unacceptable even by our standards of where we are as a club.

Dyche is crap and the issue here, quite why some are still defending him beggars belief, I often wonder what our fans think they see watching this Dyche team.

Absolute miracle worker... whoever thinks that then football isn`t the sport for you.
Should have binned him for the international break and gave someone else a fortnight to work with them. The new feller may have refrained from slapping kids around the head.

It’ll cost more money going down than it will to sack him
This x 100. Don't get why people keep trotting out that line. Relegation is far, far more expensive than sacking any manager.

It’s a game of risk for Mosh. We go down, the value of his asset decreases even more than it already has. However, so long as we’re not in the relegation zone he’ll probably feel he can ride it out.

Dyche has worn out his welcome though. The players have seemingly quit on him. There’s no more damning of a reason for a change to be made.
This is generally how I see it too - he's only safe because we're still not in the bottom 3, somehow. But there's a very real chance that could change by this time next week.

And if we are in the bottom three come next Monday, what do we do then? Say we do lose to Forest on Sunday and that's the final straw. Will Moshiri really pull the trigger two days before the derby? Maybe he waits until after the derby, but then you're talking only a couple more days until Brentford, and if you don't do it by then it's basically too late.

He needs to be proactive and take care of it now, before the Forest game. Anything after that gets incredibly complicated by the schedule.

The contrast for me recently was talking to a mate who's a Palace fan - he was telling me how terrible they were this season - then they go and win at Anfield.

I was saying we were worse and then we go and lose 6-0.

There isn't really a bounce left with this Dyche team, is there ? They are zombies.
He's clearly lost the team. It's blindingly obvious.