2023/24 Sean Dyche

Kompany would instantly get the respect of the players for what he has achieved, always a stretch to keep this Burnley side in the PL but he shows he can improve players and they have improved as the season has gone on.

Unfortunately they don`t have the quality... IDK if that is the solution but not the worst shout.
We don't have the quality either. Our squad is made up of rejects, old timers, relegated players bought from the championship .
How we end up signing players like McNeil, young, Harrison is beyond me. Just adding rubbish to utter rubbish.

I thought the first half we set up in the correct way, we created a few chances, pressed well and Beto should have scored. Once they scored though we collapsed and made error after error. I don't blame Dyche tonight much...tonight was all about the players being atrociously spineless and putting in Sunday league level performances.

Ive tried to stay as level headed as i can with dyche. The situation when he came in i was saying "we need someone to make us hard to beat and grind some wins out at home." I havent really seen that though last season or this. I thought we would see more sitting deep away from home and against the better teams and going for wins at home. His home record speaks for itself. Saying all that until tonight we had a top 4 defensive record. We still have a bottom 3 attacking record. We would be 10 points ahead of the bottom 3 without the points deductions and thats not his fault. I was surprised with some of the football we played first half of the season and i liked the high press against the lesser teams. Since christmas though ive seen none of that and that tonight should draw a line under things one way or the other. 1 win in 15. We have picked up good points away from home in that run but we havent won enough at home. Is dyche becoming a bigger problem. I know the points deduction is a massive factor that cant be ignored but is the manager adding to our problems now. I personally feel hes been given alot of slack and time from the fanbase who are all well aware of our situation but enough is enough. He needs to get his finger out big time.

This result will also reinforce his view that ugly, long ball football is the only way to play. Sunday will be 90 minutes of smashing the ball up the middle of the pitch, hoping to get a flick on. Whoever plays in the central midfield 2 will receive zero passes to feet as the ball will just be booted over their heads.
Exactly
We have better chance of scoring playing direct than trying to pass around from front to back aimlessly looking for openings.