2023/24 Sean Dyche

Someone needs to make a decision about what is more costly, relegation, which at this current time is a distinct possibility, or sacking Dyche and giving ourselves a chance. I just don't see how he turns it around. He only has one way to play and it was figured out a long time ago.

Someone needs to save this club from imploding.

Don't think he's lost the dressing room per se, the tactic set up was just naive. He mentioned in his post-match interview "the strange feeling around Chelsea, could we get into them, could we get after them" - let's be honest, most blues I've spoke to would've wanted us to go after Chelsea early doors. It just didn't work at all because Chelsea are way better than people think they are, especially on a technical level, hence why I think Dyche has been pretty self-critical as well in the conference. Hence why we had quite a positive start for the first ten minutes - then the bubble was popped and we didn't recover.

I feel like I watch a different game at times, people describe it as boring, dinosaur football - frankly I'm longing for the last time we put ten men behind the ball and tried to grind out a point. We're far, far too adventurous pressing up the pitch at the moment and it scares me a lot ahead of the Forest game - they've got so much pace to burn in the front line and we'll get done hard if Dyche doesn't fix this approach on the training ground. But after a 6-0 loss... surely he will?

Worse than pig man or Frank with an ego to match either. His arrogance and bull headedness is going to take us down.

Stick him on garden leave and put anyone in the dugout currently in our employ and there is no real difference financially. Might be an actual job for Prentice to do, his old lady might even be able to conjundure up the spirit of dixie.

Joking aside we need something to change urgently.

Don't think he's lost the dressing room per se, the tactic set up was just naive. He mentioned in his post-match interview "the strange feeling around Chelsea, could we get into them, could we get after them" - let's be honest, most blues I've spoke to would've wanted us to go after Chelsea early doors. It just didn't work at all because Chelsea are way better than people think they are, especially on a technical level, hence why I think Dyche has been pretty self-critical as well in the conference. Hence why we had quite a positive start for the first ten minutes - then the bubble was popped and we didn't recover.

I feel like I watch a different game at times, people describe it as boring, dinosaur football - frankly I'm longing for the last time we put ten men behind the ball and tried to grind out a point. We're far, far too adventurous pressing up the pitch at the moment and it scares me a lot ahead of the Forest game - they've got so much pace to burn in the front line and we'll get done hard if Dyche doesn't fix this approach on the training ground. But after a 6-0 loss... surely he will?

Agreed. The set up is strange. We play a mix of a low block and high press at times so there are massive gaps between the defence and midfield. There were times yesterday that Palmer was sitting on his own in the middle between the defence and midfield.

His career rests on him being viewed as a steady pair of hands whose teams are hard to beat.

That all falls apart once you start getting dicked 6-0.

Absolutely this. Dyche literally has no reason to be here now the floodgates have opened.

Worse than pig man or Frank with an ego to match either. His arrogance and bull headedness is going to take us down.

Stick him on garden leave and put anyone in the dugout currently in our employ and there is no real difference financially. Might be an actual job for Prentice to do, his old lady might even be able to conjundure up the spirit of dixie.

Joking aside we need something to change urgently.

agree completely. Throw the dice. Nothing to lose now
Watching Villa's reaction in the second half on Sunday and then Everton yesterday, it really is quite incredible to think that Dyche is on a higher salary than Emery.

It's criminal

This is just a guess obviously but I wonder if it's a poorly kept secret in the club that Dyche has now been told already he's gone at the end of the season whatever happens, and the upheaval is having an effect on the team. As in, some players just give up because they've lost faith, some players don't bother as they know Dyche won't be around much longer, and some are p*ssed off because they like the gaffer. Could be wrong like but just felt to me watching last night that there's something else happening.

Delusional

Apparently it's his worst defeat score wise of his managerial career.

Another Everton first.

Does say a lot about the squad IMO as it's a pattern for years that they've all got "one of them" in em
More about dyche the record breaker,
Roy castle and Norris McWhirter are turning in their graves.
Worst winnles run in 67yrs
Worst defeat in 19yrs
What’s next first relegation in over 70yrs

I turned my phone on a few minutes ago and scrolling across at the top I saw the words in very small type - Everton manager SACKED.
I came straight here but there's no mention on this thread.