2023/24 Sean Dyche

So he scrapping for his life now, calling himself the messiah, blaming players, saying he’s the fighter

Yet into a 13 winless run was happy to plod along

The fella is a chancer, he’ll talk the talk but we know come Sunday it’ll be the same formation, same lack of endeavour in the final 3rd.

He’s been found out BIG TIME
Just the releasing of those quotes would suggest that there is a percentage of players in that dressing room who can't be arsed with him anymore.

Do you know I don’t think he’s wrong either.

I’d say there are plenty of our players, who don’t want to take responsibility, happy for continuous reboots and drift from season to season and not hold accountability, while picking up millions.

They are the common denominator for the last three years.

The last two performances posted have been rank - unacceptable. You can talk about the managers role in that all you like but there is base level, effort and fight professionally, I haven’t seen it.

No one is telling me the effort put into those games isn’t on the players, it’s base level.
Nothing to do with the 3 barely capable managers that should have been nowhere near this club, always the players. Silly comment as it is literally the managers job to keep them motivated and engaged... They don`t just down tools for no reason, the fans know he is outdated, what must the players feel like being put through the ringer to be "Dyche Fit" and not allowed to play football or get forward.

Why do you think the players were still happy with Lampard despite the results still not being there, because they were allowed to play football with the actual ball. Totally opposite to now, previous 3 managers have all been the wrong choice, that is the issue.

So he scrapping for his life now, calling himself the messiah, blaming players, saying he’s the fighter

The fella is a chancer, he’ll talk the talk but we know come Sunday it’ll be the same formation, same lack of endeavour in the final 3rd.

100%, agree that much I needed to comment... 👆

That got me from the presser, him saying he was being called the messiah for winning 4 games. That was 15 games ago Sean, and you've won 1 game since then (a god awful game it was too). Setting up not to lose does not win you games, and in fact has lost us plenty of games this season.

Can only hope the players have it in them to fight for the fans, cos it doesn’t look like they’ll be fighting for him.

There are a fair few players in this squad who will look for excuses. And have a history of doing so. As much as i dont think much of dyche ive no faith in a lot of these players turning up and fighting for a result regardless of who the manager is.

Nothing to do with the 3 barely capable managers that should have been nowhere near this club, always the players. Silly comment as it is literally the managers job to keep them motivated and engaged... They don`t just down tools for no reason, the fans know he is outdated, what must the players feel like being put through the ringer to be "Dyche Fit" and not allowed to play football or get forward.

Why do you think the players were still happy with Lampard despite the results still not being there, because they were allowed to play football with the actual ball. Totally opposite to now, previous 3 managers have all been the wrong choice, that is the issue.
It cant be a long list of managers since Moyes who were all rubbish. Ancelloti got a bye of course. The club is dysfunctional, shambles from boardroom to pitch.

There are a fair few players in this squad who will look for excuses. And have a history of doing so. As much as i dont think much of dyche ive no faith in a lot of these players turning up and fighting for a result regardless of who the manager is.
I agree with you but I was surprised at Dyche’s comments.

Based on all his previous press conferences he is very good at using a lot of words to say nothing so surprised he did not just say that “we had a full and frank exchange of views behind closed doors on how to improve the current situation and that’s how it will remain”.

He’s in self-preservation mode but that statement indicates he’s out of his depth at Everton.

I think thats a pretty reactionary view mate, with a strategic and analytical eye, your are looking at cycles, cultures and repetitive factors.

I’d propose the players or a certain core, simple don’t have the attitude, desire or mentality to compete during adversity to serve this club presently - it happens year in year out, yet somehow it’s always a mangagers fault. I’ve no issue with lads on here questioning a manager - in fact I’m not even defending Dyche here, but I don’t think he’s particularly wrong given what we’ve posted performence wise the last three years, nor based on the last two performances. Even if Dyche goes are we just back here questioning another manager next year, the cycle is evident to everyone and the evidence is there that it is massively undermining. Simply put the last two performences are everything i describe, there is a shrinking culture amongst the players.

In a way I don’t really mind if he has lost part of the dressing room, whether we are successful or not is staying up this season - it’s a dressing room or a cohort I’d like to loose myself as opposed to vice versa. I think he’s right and honest in calling it out.

I agree with him and I won’t be disagreeing him, calling out what we’ve seen that last two games - it’s not acceptable and it’s not tactical either, it’s base desire and fight. He was right two seasons ago saying we didn’t have the confidence to win games when at Burnley. It’s needs rooting, like when Ferguson went in to Utd and got rid of the likes or McGrath and Whiteside and changed the culture - that’s what’s needed here. They look like players feeling sorry for themselves the last two games - they can get lost - it’s not what we need.

The players have been startled earwigs the last two games, I can accept a lack of quality, but I will not accept a lack of fight or desire, that’s basic and a professional competence. Too many, too comfortable here, know what we have limited resources so they are safe or have an eye on move away. It’s happened under to many mangers for the blame to be payed squarely there

As for Dyche I think he’s saying what I’m personally thinking and he’s not wrong, it needs rooting and has done for a long, long time.

Last edited:
He is desperate and delusional, because of his dinasour tactics were his teams have always struggled to score goals, playing near 40 year old on the wing in a modern premier league match is laughable, I remember Big Nev playing at 39 thinking he is pushing it, and he was in goal not on the wing