2023/24 Sean Dyche

I don't like the fact he seems to be establishing a case to the media on why we got relegated or he got fired before its actually happened yet
I get the feeling he's been told he'll be getting the sack if results don't improve and he's decided to go on the offensive. I base this entirely on vibes, I have no actual knowledge of anything to do with the basket case that is EFC!

Lampard inherited a team in 15th position and got us to 16th in his first season.
Dyche inherited a team in 19th and got us to 17th in his first season.
They’re both garbage anyway but imho the state of the club now and upon his arrival was worse than when Lampard got here.
Lampard was always going to have immense goodwill simply because he replaced tapas teets.
He has years of experience in the job on Lampard though, Frank was a rookie in terms of management. I do agree though, neither are good enough, Lampard had a decent backroom team behind him and it still made no difference, Dyche and the 2 live crew are just stuck in the 90's imo and haven't grasped that the game has moved on since then.

Lampard inherited a team in 15th position and got us to 16th in his first season.
Dyche inherited a team in 19th and got us to 17th in his first season.
They’re both garbage anyway but imho the state of the club now and upon his arrival was worse than when Lampard got here.
Lampard was always going to have immense goodwill simply because he replaced tapas teets.
Lampard kept us up that first season. We were going down under Benitez and no one will convince me otherwise.

Last season, we were going down under Lampard and Dyche kept us up.

Neither Lampard nor Dyche did anything miraculous though in their first half seasons, they just halted the rot for a while.

Like Lampard seemed to help Iwobi excel, Dyche managed to get Doucoure and McNeil scoring last season. However none of that was able to be maintained for either manager and ultimately, we are in pure relegation form, not helped by points deductions but 1 win in 15 is as bad as Benitez and Lampard managed.

35325-28c740ff34e7b289e598a1efe672e691.jpg

He has years of experience in the job on Lampard though, Frank was a rookie in terms of management. I do agree though, neither are good enough, Lampard had a decent backroom team behind him and it still made no difference, Dyche and the 2 live crew are just stuck in the 90's imo and haven't grasped that the game has moved on since then.
Lampard was on BBC today talking tactics during the FA Cup Semi-final. I had to turn it off. He was a good footballer but he talks rubbish.
Lampard is up there with Ashley Williams for talking absolutely crap

I don’t think he has been great but you also have to be fair to him. The points deduction nonsense dragging on for months has obviously killed their confidence. He also has had 8 points deducted which is a pretty considerable handicap. He has to win this game though. This is a big swing that can make or break us. Only so many excuses. If he loses- I will be very pessimistic on the outlook of our season.

He's had a much more difficult sea to navigate than lampard or benitez. But hasn't helped himself at all with his team selections and tactics. That's why I think no contract I'd on the table.
I agree with your first point but your second, I'm not too sure he has that many options to choose from. Add to that, he sees what we dont about players and how they are performing during the week in training and who is carrying undisclosed niggly injuries. His football is turgid and 'safe' but I'm going to cut him some slack. Must win game though or he's out lol

All the modern day player needs to mentally excuse them for half-arsed performances is a respected, long standing captain, player or internal clique that will listen to them when they moan about tactics, being criticised/slapped, or tactics after losing, and console and agree with them, validate their lip-quivering. No successful group has every been set up like that.

I suspect we have a few of those. We shouldn’t get anywhere near this level of tool-downing every year.

We get the annual “we all need to look at ourselves in the mirror…..” crap from the usual players, and it’s never made a difference. The manager goes a couple of weeks later. Players will always have someone to go to who will agree with them it’s not their fault. We have clear little groups, which is fine socially. But it should never get that far. We need every player to know without even thinking the level of effort and ferocity required every minute of every game, training session. And there needs to be a captain or group that makes that very clear when there is deviation from that, so you literally dont fit in if you aren’t pushing. Manager shouldn’t need to be having those sorts of conversations.

Don’t doubt the dedication of the senior players, or in some cases their love for the club. Am sure they lead by example by being nice and early for training, and “looking after themselves” properly. Thats only a tiny part of it. You can’t just lead by example. It should be far more uncomfortable for players to half arse it, because it’s just not accepted by every other player. Its clearly for years been quite easy to get away with it, and others gladly join in. Despite all the “looking the mirror” that supposedly goes on.

It’s been the same at United for years too. They can spend as much as they like. There is always a bunch of players unhappy who will sympathise with any other player that decides they are being treated or criticised unfairly, and would also like a period of being sulky.

Imagine a professional golfer or F1 driver deciding to not give everything every day? They would have a sporting income of £0 within 12 months.

Lampard kept us up that first season. We were going down under Benitez and no one will convince me otherwise.

Last season, we were going down under Lampard and Dyche kept us up.

Neither Lampard nor Dyche did anything miraculous though in their first half seasons, they just halted the rot for a while.

Like Lampard seemed to help Iwobi excel, Dyche managed to get Doucoure and McNeil scoring last season. However none of that was able to be maintained for either manager and ultimately, we are in pure relegation form, not helped by points deductions but 1 win in 15 is as bad as Benitez and Lampard managed.

Good post, this. The point about Iwobi is important. I do think that there are so many players with unlocked potential and there is a lot of ‘who luck’ for players in that a manager is appointed that will get the best out of them. Brighton have a load of them when you see wellbeck going back to Man United and scoring against them after they released him. Iwobi got a lot of stick here but would have been very useful this season.

All the modern day player needs to mentally excuse them for half-arsed performances is a respected, long standing captain, player or internal clique that will listen to them when they moan about tactics, being criticised/slapped, or tactics after losing, and console and agree with them, validate their lip-quivering. No successful group has every been set up like that.

I suspect we have a few of those. We shouldn’t get anywhere near this level of tool-downing every year.

We get the annual “we all need to look at ourselves in the mirror…..” crap from the usual players, and it’s never made a difference. The manager goes a couple of weeks later. Players will always have someone to go to who will agree with them it’s not their fault. We have clear little groups, which is fine socially. But it should never get that far. We need every player to know without even thinking the level of effort and ferocity required every minute of every game, training session. And there needs to be a captain or group that makes that very clear when there is deviation from that, so you literally dont fit in if you aren’t pushing. Manager shouldn’t need to be having those sorts of conversations.

Don’t doubt the dedication of the senior players, or in some cases their love for the club. Am sure they lead by example by being nice and early for training, and “looking after themselves” properly. Thats only a tiny part of it. You can’t just lead by example. It should be far more uncomfortable for players to half arse it, because it’s just not accepted by every other player. Its clearly for years been quite easy to get away with it, and others gladly join in. Despite all the “looking the mirror” that supposedly goes on.

It’s been the same at United for years too. They can spend as much as they like. There is always a bunch of players unhappy who will sympathise with any other player that decides they are being treated or criticised unfairly, and would also like a period of being sulky.

Imagine a professional golfer or F1 driver deciding to not give everything every day? They would have a sporting income of £0 within 12 months.

Good post mate.

Rodri who is prob the best midfielder in Europe this season for his niche, was dropped last week for moaning about being tired, via a passive aggressive boundary by Pep. That’s good management. When you see it you have to root it out.

The tail can’t wag the dog.

An interesting point. The culture at the football club seems to have turned to complete mud as soon as Coleman became club captain. The man who loves the club so much he would rather play in dead rubber internationals against Gibraltar than save his legs for them. Genuinely don’t care how unpopular the opinion is, he’s an absolute bluffer and not a proper captain for me.