2023/24 Sean Dyche

All ifs and buts that. We could next season quite easily find ourselves in the bottom 3 for most of the season. Dyche football is shocking, his team set up is pretty dire and if we go 1 down its game over. Not for me. Change it, and try for better, not just surviving and who knows what might happen
Agreed
There's definitely a talented assistant manager out there that would love a chance in the hot seat
We have to shake the 'prem proven' nonsense

If we sack him in the summer, every single club in the bottom 7 will be celebrating our stupidity.

They’ll look a that squad and see what everyone else except Everton fans see: defenders with no pace, fullbacks who can’t cross a ball, midfielders who can’t pass or score, wide men with no pace, strikers who can’t hit a barn door. We’ll have probably sold Onana and Branthwaite as well, Coleman Gueye Young all a year slower and worse, Harrison back at Leeds. Gomes and Dele out the door. They’ll be absolutely laughing at our stupidity if we sack Dyche after he’s just kept a team that’s gone back to back relegation battles in the league even with an 8 point deficit. Oh we might also have a points deduction next year.
I agree our players are horrendous, but I also see a glass ceiling already hit with our manager, and I believe other managers could hit the levels Dyche has and move beyond that. Don't ask me who, it's just how I feel about the manager we have. We need to keep trying to move forward, we're hanging on by our bare arse.

These things are true, but also the reason why a lot of people, myself included, want him gone is that he went 4 months without winning a game of football. Now we are lucky that there are some very poor teams in this league, if next season we go 4 months without winning, we are gone.
On top of that, though fair play to him for picking them up after Chelsea(which is also on him), we relied on two goals today that had nothing to do with his tactics. Two great finishes
Also played Young who gave away a couple of pens but for a Luton VAR official (allegedly)
We will be forever a little bit suprised when we win if we keep him

If it wasn’t for the points deduction, Dyche would have had us mathematically safe from relegation with 5 games to spare after today's result.

I’d have bitten your hand off for that at the start of the season.
Remember the days when we were optimistic about getting a Euro spot? Rarely did but at least we felt we could give it a shot
Now we live in hope of not going down
That's the future without a major shift in mentality at the club