2023/24 Sean Dyche

Based of this season and 38p, have we left behind a team that‘s better than us nope, is one team above us that‘s worse than us? I would say 1 with Bournemouth.
I think that's probably a bit harsh tbh. They've probably got better players then us in some positions and they have a lot of pace something we can only dream of. I think we've fell behind teams like Bournemouth and Palace currently because of how we've been run. We are lucky to still be in the premier league as it stands 3 years on the bounce (although this season is down to league trying to get rid of us) we have shown progress to a point but we are no where Bear as consistent as even Bournemouth are now days which is a worry in itself

So, today's win puts us on 10 wins this season already and we still have to play brentford, luton and sheffield united

some people will remember that the first 3 seasons the premier league actually had 22 teams and clubs would play 42 games per season

in 92/93 palace and middlesbrough both got relegated with 11 wins
in 94/95 palace got relegated with 11 wins

after 94/95 the league changed and only 20 teams competed

since then no club has ever got relegated from the prem with 11 wins

96/97 both middlesbrough and sunderland got relegated with 10 wins
97/98 barnsley got relegated with 10 wins
02/03 west ham got relegated with 10 wins
06/07 sheffield united got relegated with 10 wins
07/08 reading got relegated with 10 wins
10/11 blackpool got relegated with 10 wins
11/12 bolton got relegated with 10 wins
18/19 cardiff city got relegated with 10 wins

even though we have had 8 points deducted, one more win should secure safety with 11 wins

if we do go down with 11 wins then at least we have created history by becoming the first club to get relegated with 11 wins in a 38 game format

if we go down with 12 wins then we are cursed

So, today's win puts us on 10 wins this season already and we still have to play brentford, luton and sheffield united

some people will remember that the first 3 seasons the premier league actually had 22 teams and clubs would play 42 games per season

in 92/93 palace and middlesbrough both got relegated with 11 wins
in 94/95 palace got relegated with 11 wins

after 94/95 the league changed and only 20 teams competed

since then no club has ever got relegated from the prem with 11 wins

96/97 both middlesbrough and sunderland got relegated with 10 wins
97/98 barnsley got relegated with 10 wins
02/03 west ham got relegated with 10 wins
06/07 sheffield united got relegated with 10 wins
07/08 reading got relegated with 10 wins
10/11 blackpool got relegated with 10 wins
11/12 bolton got relegated with 10 wins
18/19 cardiff city got relegated with 10 wins

even though we have had 8 points deducted, one more win should secure safety with 11 wins

if we do go down with 11 wins then at least we have created history

if we go down with 12 wins then we are cursed
Surprised we are at 10 wins as hate looking at the table it's very depressing. Suppose you forget how many games you've won when waiting 4 months for a win but 2 out of last 3 isn't that bad

Knowing this place, yes. European football please despite the 8 point deduction and a frontline of McNeil DCL Harrison
I think people just wanted to see a win every now and again.
Mid December to mid April pretty much winless, breaking mike walkers record is not and should not be acceptable.
Someone a few pages back said that all of the bottom half clubs would be laughing at us if we binned Dyche this Summer. But conversely, not one of those clubs would hire him.
Look at what Palace just did... do that.

A miracle 🤣🤣🤣🤣 one win
In 15. Worst winless run in 67yrs 3 wins all home all season, Lowest open play scorers in the league. Worst defeat in 19yrs.
Theses players aren’t that bad as them records suggest. So he’s not improving the players and he’s more concerned with trying not to lose games, instead of winning them
What about the most important measure - points on the board?

I think people just wanted to see a win every now and again.
Mid December to mid April pretty much winless, breaking mike walkers record is not and should not be acceptable.
Someone a few pages back said that all of the bottom half clubs would be laughing at us if we binned Dyche this Summer. But conversely, not one of those clubs would hire him.
Look at what Palace just did... do that.

Everyone said the same about Vieira in his first season, and then he had them hurtling to relegation in his second. Glasner can’t become the exemplar just because he’s won two games in a row. The amount of times I’ve heard that about managers who are now fired or have relegated teams.

There’s been 10 wins in 33 games, is that not a win every now and then, it’s almost every 3 games. People have just been bent out of shape by the long winless run in the middle. If we’d won one in the middle of it and lost today then we’d be on the same number of points.

People just get so bizarrely bent out of shape by one off stats or results, the loss at home to Luton, the 6-0 to Chelsea, the winless run. Should just look at the overall season and put over the top outrage aside. It’s a better season than the last two seasons. Progress.

Everyone said the same about Vieira in his first season, and then he had them hurtling to relegation in his second. Glasner can’t become the exemplar just because he’s won two games in a row. The amount of times I’ve heard that about managers who are now fired or have relegated teams.

There’s been 10 wins in 33 games, is that not a win every now and then, it’s almost every 3 games. People have just been bent out of shape by the long winless run in the middle. If we’d won one in the middle of it and lost today then we’d be on the same number of points.

People just get so bizarrely bent out of shape by one off stats or results, the loss at home to Luton, the 6-0 to Chelsea, the winless run. Should just look at the overall season and put over the top outrage aside. It’s a better season than the last two seasons. Progress.
And I wouldn't mind, during that winless run there were some really good performances where we deserved a lot more.

I’m glad he threw the players under the bus. He had them absolutely bang to rights, that’s exactly what they’re all about, firing managers so they avoid getting found out. Dyche called them on their BS and they had to respond. Perhaps us being financially unable to change manager might finally get these players in line. Either play up or you’re going down because Dyche isn’t going. Seems they decided to play up.

I'm not really sure what Vieira had done before palace, cant remember. But I keep a bit of an eye on the Bundes League. (used to live in Freiburg) and Glasner did very well at both Wolfsburg and Frankfurt. He was an astute appointment and palace didnt seem to deem PL experience necessary.

My point wasnt about averaging out the wins over games, it was the four mont barren spell. Unacceptable,

I think people are bent out of shape by the dire football. I thought we were turgid first half, marginally better second.
Luck played it's hand in this and Burnley games but we've had our fair share of bad luck.
It's the football, the tactics, the stubbornness, the negativity. Yes, we've progressed but three seasons fighting relegation should be the anomaly not the norm.