2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm not really sure what Vieira had done before palace, cant remember. But I keep a bit of an eye on the Bundes League. (used to live in Freiburg) and Glasner did very well at both Wolfsburg and Frankfurt. He was an astute appointment and palace didnt seem to deem PL experience necessary.

My point wasnt about averaging out the wins over games, it was the four mont barren spell. Unacceptable,

I think people are bent out of shape by the dire football. I thought we were turgid first half, marginally better second.
Luck played it's hand in this and Burnley games but we've had our fair share of bad luck.
It's the football, the tactics, the stubbornness, the negativity. Yes, we've progressed but three seasons fighting relegation should be the anomaly not the norm.

It will remain the norm until there’s investment in the squad on decent players. These are some of the worst in the league and no one on here can convince me otherwise. We’ve got a top keeper, young CB, and when Onana can be arsed he’s ok. No one else would be wanted by even average PL sides (maybe just Tarkowski) , especially not the attackers

It will remain the norm until there’s investment in the squad on decent players. These are some of the worst in the league and no one on here can convince me otherwise. We’ve got a top keeper, young CB, and when Onana can be arsed he’s ok. No one else would be wanted by even average PL sides (maybe just Tarkowski) , especially not the attackers
I think Pickford, Myko, Tark, Branthwaite, Onana, Gana, possibly Garner and Doucoure are all top half players.
I think a good manager gets a tune out of the forwards. The wing play has been awful all season and it's painful to watch players not overlapping or wingers continually cutting inside to traffic. We actually got to the by line once today, a real rarity. I'm not sure I've ever seen any team counter so poorly, and it's not down to speed, it's down to awareness. There is none, these guys arent coached well. We've relied far to much on moments of individual skill, luck, or boxing the opposition keeper out at corners. (other teams are on to our set piece shenanigans now).

He's had it tough with the mess behind the scenes, (tho weirdly, far less interference than any other recent everton manager) and he's done really well with Branthwaite and the rest of the back line really but going forward he should be doing much better (yes, even with these players).

Also, it's just no fun watching his team. I think even if we were 12th, I'd want him gone.

I think it a hard season to quantify. Yes we had a terrible run after Christmas. A very mixed bag of performances. Pre Christmas it wasn’t just workrate the link between midfield and attack was much better and McNeil and Harrison were playing with much more confidence as was Calvert Lewin. I don’t think we can under estimate the effect the appeal process had on the whole club. The premier league left us hanging on that decision until mid February. It sucked the life out of me. I could feel it at the games more and I’m sure it has affected the playing and coaching staff too. I’m just hoping we can get over it over the line early and enjoy a break from the circus until August.

Even during the 4 /5 game winning run people where asking on here is that style of play sustainable , turns out it wasn’t as teams have well cottoned into it now and he hast really showed another way to play and win , even yesterday was more about individual bits of quality , but if he keeps us up he’s done what was required so ,big decision on him in the summer

It's tricky. Given our parlous financial state the sensible decision is probably to keep him. We're going to sell our best centre back and our central midfield is going to be stripped bare, as Onana will be sold, Gueye and Gomes will leave. It's a very difficult job next season so changing the manager as well probably increases our chances of relegation.

Such s relief.

Still think he is the better option for next season IF we have no money to spend under current or new owners.

I just want to stay up right now and somehow even during that terrible run I still felt we would. I didn't feel that in the last seasons and I don't think I'd trust anybody they might bring in to squeeze points out of whatever kind of crap squad we sre looking at

If we do change up I'll get behind them and it would be great if it works out and we play better but I'd be dreading another sack the manager thread by Xmas with loads complaining as another person looks lost and broken trying to shoulder all the problems this club brings

I think Pickford, Myko, Tark, Branthwaite, Onana, Gana, possibly Garner and Doucoure are all top half players.
I think a good manager gets a tune out of the forwards. The wing play has been awful all season and it's painful to watch players not overlapping or wingers continually cutting inside to traffic. We actually got to the by line once today, a real rarity. I'm not sure I've ever seen any team counter so poorly, and it's not down to speed, it's down to awareness. There is none, these guys arent coached well. We've relied far to much on moments of individual skill, luck, or boxing the opposition keeper out at corners. (other teams are on to our set piece shenanigans now).

He's had it tough with the mess behind the scenes, (tho weirdly, far less interference than any other recent everton manager) and he's done really well with Branthwaite and the rest of the back line really but going forward he should be doing much better (yes, even with these players).

Also, it's just no fun watching his team. I think even if we were 12th, I'd want him gone.
It’s the perfect excuse for the dyche fan boys, these players are crap. No wins
in 4 months is fine then,
But he’s better than Lampard,
Don’t forget that

Everyone said the same about Vieira in his first season, and then he had them hurtling to relegation in his second. Glasner can’t become the exemplar just because he’s won two games in a row. The amount of times I’ve heard that about managers who are now fired or have relegated teams.

There’s been 10 wins in 33 games, is that not a win every now and then, it’s almost every 3 games. People have just been bent out of shape by the long winless run in the middle. If we’d won one in the middle of it and lost today then we’d be on the same number of points.

People just get so bizarrely bent out of shape by one off stats or results, the loss at home to Luton, the 6-0 to Chelsea, the winless run. Should just look at the overall season and put over the top outrage aside. It’s a better season than the last two seasons. Progress.
This kind of rational talk won't be popular