2023/24 Sean Dyche

Say we conservatively get $100m for Branthwaite and Onana?
I'd expect at least half of that to be reinvested in the squad.
Also some big wages off the books.
New owners, who ever they are, will hope to make an impression.
There's 4 loans spots and about 2 decent signings there.

I don't. I'm expecting the majority of any player sales going towards our many hundreds of millions of pounds worth of debts.

Dyche and his geriatric bezzie are a pair of jammy barstewards after yesterday, we were let off the hook massively.

Just hope we have a little bit more luck left in the tank for that lot.

Let’s hope he learns the lessons and sets us up better against the RS, and bins young off.

Made up with the 3 points like, just hope he doesn’t see the result as vindication for his bezzie staying in the side.

Say we conservatively get $100m for Branthwaite and Onana?
I'd expect at least half of that to be reinvested in the squad.
Also some big wages off the books.
New owners, who ever they are, will hope to make an impression.
There's 4 loans spots and about 2 decent signings there.

Don’t see it mate, we posted a 90 mill loss last season, selling Gordon for 40mill and Kean for about 27 mill.

We haven’t changed that in a year, in fact it’s likely worse, anything we sell will go into filling that hole. Next year could be the most difficult of them all.

We won’t be doing much and anything we do will be making ends meet and fire fighting as opposed to being progressive.

I rate Thomas Frank, but even he has less points than Dyche this season and has had years to get his team together...

He was fuming at Brentfords fans for showing discontent when behind at Chelsea. He'd be demented here.

8 point deduction with 2 separate charges hanging over the team. Still having earned 38 points from 33 games he’s:

8 points better off than Cooper/Nuno at Forest
3 points better off than Frank at Brentford (having played a game less)
2 points better off than Hodgson/Glasner at Palace
4 points behind Iraola at Bournemouth
4 behind Silva at Fulham having played a game less
5 behind manager of the season contender Gary O’Neil at Wolves
6 behind De Zerbi’s Brighton (having played a game more) the apparent exemplar for a well run club

All of this after riding the impact of two points deduction charges and the worst winless run in our PL history.

It would be great to be competing with the sky six instead but until something major changes off the field we’re competing with these teams and the bottom 3 and Dyche has us comfortably in that pack despite inferior attacking players to a lot of his counterparts. I’m sure Dyche would love to call on Eze and Olise or have Mbeumo Toney Wissa to pick, or Solanke Outarra, or have Muniz Jimenez Broja Lukic to pick from.

8 point deduction with 2 separate charges hanging over the team. Still having earned 38 points from 33 games he’s:

8 points better off than Cooper/Nuno at Forest
3 points better off than Frank at Brentford (having played a game less)
2 points better off than Hodgson/Glasner at Palace
4 points behind Iraola at Bournemouth
4 behind Silva at Fulham having played a game less
5 behind manager of the season contender Gary O’Neil at Wolves
6 behind De Zerbi’s Brighton (having played a game more) the apparent exemplar for a well run club

All of this after riding the impact of two points deduction charges and the worst winless run in our PL history.

It would be great to be competing with the sky six instead but until something major changes off the field we’re competing with these teams and the bottom 3 and Dyche has us comfortably in that pack despite inferior attacking players to a lot of his counterparts. I’m sure Dyche would love to call on Eze and Olise or have Mbeumo Toney Wissa to pick, or Solanke Outarra, or have Muniz Jimenez Broja Lukic to pick from.
Calm down Sean and turn your attention on the RS.

Don’t see it mate, we posted a 90 mill loss last season, selling Gordon for 40mill and Kean for about 27 mill.

We haven’t changed that in a year, in fact it’s likely worse, anything we sell will go into filling that hole. Next year could be the most difficult of them all.

We won’t be doing much and anything we do will be making ends meet and fire fighting as opposed to being progressive.

Yep. Just highlights the scale of how in the mud we are. Even if we got, optimistically, 120m for JB and Onana, that will only serve to keep our heads above water because of the mess we are in.

We look like getting by this season, but next season could be even more challenging given it looks like being a fairly strong bunch coming up. And that's without considering further deductions.

Would love to say well use the money to strengthen X Y Z with some young hungry players but just can't see it unfortunately. Not until off the pitch carnage is resolved, or at least managed better.

Can you name 3 coaches that would potentially come in this summer under ownership upheaval,high possibility of no transfer budget,top players destined to leave and another potential points deduction looming that wound improve us the way he has?

Thats not my job.

^ This is always the answer when you ask who would replace him.

Are you and others seriously suggesting that there is not one other professional manager (besides the Guardiola's, Ancelotti's etc) in the whole world of football that couldnt do better with this team? There will be plenty, but its for the club to find them.

I read that as "no clue, roll the dice. Have a gamble".

We had that luxury in years prior the last few.

Small margins now though. Keep Dyche, add some pace/attacking talent and we could repeat this season - which I'd take. As turgid as it's been.

Because in my mind it's all about keeping us in the top flight in Goodisons last season, and until we're under new owners at Bramley Moore.

"you're telling me there's nobody better than Dyche?"

No - but I'm telling you I cant name a single person who'd come, who I think would improve our odds over Dyche at staying up. I also don't trust Everton to find that person.

Thats not my job. Are you and others seriously suggesting that there is not one other professional manager (besides the Guardiola's, Ancelotti's etc) in the whole world of football that couldnt do better with this team? There will be plenty, but its for the club to find them.

One of the lowest possession stats in the league
One of the worst pass completion stats in the league
One of, if not the team with least goals from open play in the league.

We are very lucky that the 3 teams below us are so poor this year or we would be gone. The reason we are accepting these awful standards is because the last few managers have been awful appointments, so we are judging the current ones by how bad the last few were.

We will be making at least £120m this summer with Branthwaite and Onana gone. I dont want Dyche anywhere near that money.
" Not my job " knew this was coming ha...can't you at least back it up with a name?

^ This is always the answer when you ask who would replace him.

I read that as "no clue, roll the dice. Have a gamble".

We had that luxury in years prior the last few.

Small margins now though. Keep Dyche, add some pace/attacking talent and we could repeat this season - which I'd take. As turgid as it's been.

Because in my mind it's all about keeping us in the top flight in Goodisons last season, and until we're under new owners at Bramley Moore.

"you're telling me there's nobody better than Dyche?"

No - but I'm telling you I cant name a single person who'd come, who I think would improve our odds over Dyche at staying up. I also don't trust Everton to find that person.
It's like pulling teeth at times.

1. Didn't say at any point he'd guarantee to keep us up.

As for Dyche at Burnley, as I've already educated you;

2. We're all guessing - it's a football forum for opinions. My view is our team - including half of yesterdays starting 11 will be gone in a few weeks - would not cope with the expectation/intensity/consistency of the Championship. We'd be every teams cup final at Bramley Moore. We wouldn't bounce back. Our finances would dictate we do a Sunderland/Leeds - as in, stay stuck down there for a prolonged period.

After surviving relegation by the skin of our teeth for two seasons - Evertonians overwhelming voted that surviving relegation was this seasons objective. That was before playing 4 months with a 10 point deduction and potentially more hanging over us. That was before 8 point deduction was confirmed.

If your view is hire another manager for a rebuild because you don't like Dyche or believe he's progressive enough to have us kick on - fair enough. What I'll continue to say is I don't expect us to be able to spend big money to attract a different type of manager who can bring players in the progress us to play.

If Dyche left tomorrow - who are we bringing in and what do you expect of them with this squad? Higher than 14th? lol

Have you ever give names or do you just hide behind "loads in Europe"?
Maybe you can educate me about his last few years at burnley and how they went and how he couldn’t change the story.

The problem with people like you, you believe everything theEsk says. And you think 777 are coming in to strip the club bare and and sell everything, including BMD and send us down to league 1. If dyche is here in another year or 5, nothing will change his 10yrs at Burnley tell you that. We will be in and around the bottom 6 every year,
The football will be worst in the league and we will be horrific to watch. And this squad imo should be 16th at worst this season. There’s 4 very poor teams, you could argue with palaces injuries to their best players this season, we should be pushing them to. So if we finish 14th then fair enough, but it’s Hardly a miracle

Maybe you can educate me about his last few years at burnley and how they went and how he couldn’t change the story.

The problem with people like you, you believe everything theEsk says. And you think 777 are coming in to strip the club bare and and sell everything, including BMD and send us down to league 1. If dyche is here in another year or 5, nothing will change his 10yrs at Burnley tell you that. We will be in and around the bottom 6 every year,
The football will be worst in the league and we will be horrific to watch. And this squad imo should be 16th at worst this season. There’s 4 very poor teams, you could argue with palaces injuries to their best players this season, we should be pushing them to. So if we finish 14th then fair enough, but it’s Hardly a miracle

Give any manager the budget Dyche had at Burnley and eventually they go down. Averaged £9m net spend, per season.

Kompany spent more last summer than Dyche did in his whole time there - still taking them right down.

Ignore all the boring, tedious finances stuff for a minute and consider we've not spent anything on transfer fees for years and sold a lot of players but we're still getting hammered because of financial fair play.

We won't spend this summer then will we?

I think we'll sell Onana and Branthwaite to give us the ability to bring players in but I can't see us spending this summer.

Potter has criticised Brighton fans for booing, and plays out from the back, he wouldn't last 6 months at Everton haha
Maybe use some context. Brighton had been finishing in the bottom places under houghton and the football was horrendous and had been in the lower leagues for years. Potter came in got them playing better football and eventually up the 9th, they were disgruntled about a 0-0 I think and he said they should think about where they were a few years ago.

Is playing out from the back a broad spectrum?? Or is it all the same,
Like do Brighton play like city ? Or is it anyone who doesn’t play long ball punts to a big centre forward,
Playing out from the back. Remember Bournemouth at goodison in October getting caught out and loosing 2 goals because of playing around at the back and some of our fans laughing, Bournemouth are going down and Iraola will be sacked, well look at them now, they play much better football than us and are higher in the league, if rather watch Bournemouth than us

"Winless" run, not worst run. I think Benitez holds that record for back to back losses.

Remember Moyes getting our lowest ever points total since 1889 (using 3 points a win).

We qualified for champions league the following season.

Means absolutely nothing the grand scheme of things.
Oh sorry, longest winless run in over 50 years and no win in a third of a season. That's so much better.

"Means absolutely nothing" whilst casually implying that we could qualify for the Champions League next season, lol. It means we are capable of very lengthy runs of very few points under this manager and with this squad. We are very likely to have this manager and an even worse squad next year, due to our financial situation, how does that bode for the future?

Maybe use some context. Brighton had been finishing in the bottom places under houghton and the football was horrendous and had been in the lower leagues for years. Potter came in got them playing better football and eventually up the 9th, they were disgruntled about a 0-0 I think and he said they should think about where they were a few years ago.

Is playing out from the back a broad spectrum?? Or is it all the same,
Like do Brighton play like city ? Or is it anyone who doesn’t play long ball punts to a big centre forward,
Playing out from the back. Remember Bournemouth at goodison in October getting caught out and loosing 2 goals because of playing around at the back and some of our fans laughing, Bournemouth are going down and Iraola will be sacked, well look at them now, they play much better football than us and are higher in the league, if rather watch Bournemouth than us
I completely agree, and I’m not against playing out from the back, but I’ve seen it plenty of times even when the team was performing great under Martinez, the goodison crowd can’t take to it & the anxiety bleeds onto the pitch. I just don’t think the Potter style of football will suit our fan base, nor do I think we have the players good enough to execute it, same with Iraola style.