2023/24 Sean Dyche

So if we’d not beaten Forest but had beaten one of the teams in the middle of that four month period would that make things any better? If we’d beaten Luton at home but lost to Brentford West Ham or Palace away would everyone feel better? If it had been 2-0 to Chelsea rather than 6 would it make a blind bit of difference?

The only defining metric that matters for a manager is points per game and what that means to the league table.

% games without a win, number of consecutive games without a win, XG, they’re all indicators but ultimately they are not the stat to get hung up on. A manager could draw every single league game, and break every record known for not winning yet would still survive in the PL because of points gained. We stayed up last season because whilst other teams around us were losing loads in a row and getting an infrequent win, we were drawing games avoiding defeat to add to infrequent wins.

Dyche’s ppg with us is enough to keep us up most seasons. Until the Everton owners change the remit of the club that is the job Dyche is being paid to do.
Beautiful whatabout in that first sentence, what about if we'd won 2 or 3 along those run of 14 instead of drawing, we'd be safe and sound already instead of crapping bricks about Luton potentially winning.

Dyche is a slug, with players he's a slug, without players he's a slug, with "his own" squad he's an even bigger slimier slug.

I have severe doubts that he will ever take us on to be a team that completes for Europe. But he will get the points we need to ensure we enter BMD as a premier league club. Even if new owners come in, I suspect they will see Dyche as a safe bet for the next year at least.

I love trackies btw

If he his retained at the end of the season it simply tells us that we have no desire to be anything other than relegation fodder, again.

If some fans are happy with that, well im happy for you, but sadly I have loftier ambitions.

Our only objective until finances ease is for us to stay in the Prem. It's sad, but unfortunately it is the fact of the matter.

Every single Evertonian wants more than that.

Once new owners are in, hopefully not 777, things will hopefully change for the better.

I have severe doubts that he will ever take us on to be a team that completes for Europe. But he will get the points we need to ensure we enter BMD as a premier league club. Even if new owners come in, I suspect they will see Dyche as a safe bet for the next year at least.

I love trackies btw

Do you think if we gave Dyche the 13/14 team he wouldn’t compete for Europe?

The best full backs in the league, with decent cover in both positions. Jagielka Distin Stones Heitinga Alcaraz to choose from at CB

Barry McCarthy Barkley Osman Gibson Pienaar for the midfield

Lukaku Mirallas Naismith Deulofeu Jelavic Kone as attacking options

I think he’d be absolutely walking us into Europe with that lot. We’d have a top 5 defence and players that can actually execute both controlling possession and playing on the counter plus depth in all positions.

If he his retained at the end of the season it simply tells us that we have no desire to be anything other than relegation fodder, again.

If some fans are happy with that, well im happy for you, but sadly I have loftier ambitions.
But realistically we could end up having won 44/45 points under Dyche this season. That's not relegation fodder.

Our only objective until finances ease is for us to stay in the Prem. It's sad, but unfortunately it is the fact of the matter.

Every single Evertonian wants more than that.

Once new owners are in, hopefully not 777, things will hopefully change for the better.
Things wont be changing for the better for a long time.

In that time I would rather we had a manager who doesnt consider 0-0 a good result.

Better let the club know mate so they stop selling all our best players and giving managers 20p to spend in Lidl.

^ This is always the answer when you ask who would replace him.

I read that as "no clue, roll the dice. Have a gamble".

We had that luxury in years prior the last few.

Small margins now though. Keep Dyche, add some pace/attacking talent and we could repeat this season - which I'd take. As turgid as it's been.

Because in my mind it's all about keeping us in the top flight in Goodisons last season, and until we're under new owners at Bramley Moore.

"you're telling me there's nobody better than Dyche?"

No - but I'm telling you I cant name a single person who'd come, who I think would improve our odds over Dyche at staying up. I also don't trust Everton to find that person.
I think new owners this Summer might be able to attract someone like Hoeness at Stutgart or the Feyenord boss. New ownership and a landmark final season at Goodison followed by move to a new stadium.

There won't be a massive rebuilding job? Apart from the fact we'll sell Branthwaite and Onana for PSR purposes and because we're skint, Harrison will not be here, Danjuma will not be here, Gomes, Gana, Coleman Doucoure and Young all out of contract. That's an awful lot of regular starters gone, I sincerely hope that there will be a massive rebuilding job, otherwise we'll be playing the kids from the 21's and Dyche has already said he doesn't rate them.
They need to have a proper think is it worth selling them , we sold richalison and Gordon and it didn’t make a bit of difference to psr , keep them if we don’t get what we want and take the hit on the points , probably lose more points threw weakening the team anyway

His PPG in his time here is 1.05, its relegation fodder.

Its small margins that result in relegation.

_73792620_73792619.jpg