2023/24 Sean Dyche

This is my view. As long as he has the players playing for him we have to stick until the there is a transfer pot.

”worst run” is nonsence. Only goes to show that the majority of the season has had some decent results.
There was a tough run of games during that period too.
Over the course of the season, given the players, given the points deduction, given the running of the club for the last decade I would argue that Dyche is probably the most important person in the club right now
The majority of the season? We have just gone 4 months with only 1 win so I hardly think that equates to then majority of the season being ok.

Do you think if we gave Dyche the 13/14 team he wouldn’t compete for Europe?

The best full backs in the league, with decent cover in both positions. Jagielka Distin Stones Heitinga Alcaraz to choose from at CB

Barry McCarthy Barkley Osman Gibson Pienaar for the midfield

Lukaku Mirallas Naismith Deulofeu Jelavic Kone as attacking options

I think he’d be absolutely walking us into Europe with that lot. We’d have a top 5 defence and players that can actually execute both controlling possession and playing on the counter plus depth in all positions.
Hahahahahaha

Yes, I do think any manager from L2 onwards who's ever managed can get the squad that's sleepwalking into Europe - into Europe.

But realistically we could end up having won 44/45 points under Dyche this season. That's not relegation fodder.
It would be ok,, and as I said 11-15 this squad is realistically. One level with Palace, Fulham, Brentford, each team has their own strengths. Difficult to say which team is the best out of these in general.

I think this squad is better than the one in the 2nd half 22/23, but also clearly worse than the 21/22.

He spent 80million on forwards in the Summer and he plays none of them.

And keeps a 60million pound midfielder on the bench cos he has ZERO idea how to motivate him.

How do you get to 80 mill between Beto Chermiti and Danjuma?

Who’s the 60 mill midfielder on the bench? You talking about Onana? 21 PL starts and 4 sub appearances in 33 games? Is that the definition of keeping him on a bench?

They need to have a proper think is it worth selling them , we sold richalison and Gordon and it didn’t make a bit of difference to psr , keep them if we don’t get what we want and take the hit on the points , probably lose more points threw weakening the team anyway
I don't think it's just the PSR mate, I just don't think the cash is there, every bit of spare cash is being swallowed up by Bramley Moore, which Moshiri didn't bother to get structured finance for.

Hes a rubbish manager, hence why hes fought his whole career fighting relegation.
He's not top notch. But he's a manager who has a system that's effective. We need effective. We cant be taking a chance on the next new flavour of the month.

I want more open play and less long balls. But I also want PL safety until we're bought again and in that new stadium.

The majority of the season? We have just gone 4 months with only 1 win so I hardly think that equates to then majority of the season being ok.
So the rest of the season was stronger.
Bad run, but over the course of the season we have amassed more points than I thought we would with the squad.
2w 1d 1l in the last four games, we can stop talking about the bad run

As if you and all the others would have just let Iraola get away with playing like that and not winning any of his first 9 games you'd have been balling your eyes out saying it was a disgrace and he needed sacking immediately.
We went nearly 4 months without winning a game but some of you want dyche to get a new deal 🤣

He's not top notch. But he's a manager who has a system that's effective. We need effective. We cant be taking a chance on the next new flavour of the month.

I want more open play and less long balls. But I also want PL safety until we're bought again and in that new stadium.
I dont care about the football.

I want a manager who knows how to win football games, who ATTEMPTS to win football games and doesnt rely on flukes and bad officials.

But hey ho, I told you all he was plop 12months ago and here we are, deep in plopsville, rejoicing cos we might not get relegated again.

EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON

You get the club you deserve.

It would be ok,, and as I said 11-15 this squad is realistically. One level with Palace, Fulham, Brentford, each team has their own strengths. Difficult to say which team is the best out of these in general.

I think this squad is better than the one in the 2nd half 22/23, but also clearly worse than the 21/22.
To me we've been steadily degraded each of the last 2 seasons, and it's likely to happen again.

But I reckon Dyche can bring a few in after selling a couple and with no deductions next season, hopefully, he can manage this again.

^ This is always the answer when you ask who would replace him.

I read that as "no clue, roll the dice. Have a gamble".

We had that luxury in years prior the last few.

Small margins now though. Keep Dyche, add some pace/attacking talent and we could repeat this season - which I'd take. As turgid as it's been.

Because in my mind it's all about keeping us in the top flight in Goodisons last season, and until we're under new owners at Bramley Moore.

"you're telling me there's nobody better than Dyche?"

No - but I'm telling you I cant name a single person who'd come, who I think would improve our odds over Dyche at staying up. I also don't trust Everton to find that person.

" Not my job " knew this was coming ha...can't you at least back it up with a name?

This reposnse is ridiculous though. Im just an average Everton fan. Doesnt matter if I name 6 random managers, im not qualified to be making those decisions. As a professional club in a multibillion pound industry, you would expect us to employ some very qualified people whose actual job it is to make these decisions. Its their job to study, analyse data, gather information on professional managers with a view to future replacements.

Some absolute brainwashing going on with this club, having us believe that Dyche and his dinosaur football is the best we can achieve and we are lucky to have such a manager.

Look at what Moyes has done at West Ham and they are looking to move upwards from him. Yet you would have posters desperate to get him back too.

To me we've been steadily degraded each of the last 2 seasons, and it's likely to happen again.

But I reckon Dyche can bring a few in after selling a couple and with no deductions next season, hopefully, he can manage this again.
We are in a serious trouble this Summer.

Would honestly prefer us not to retain a truly awful manager to compound our issues.

I dont care about the football.

I want a manager who knows how to win football games, who ATTEMPTS to win football games and doesnt rely on flukes and bad officials.

But hey ho, I told you all he was plop 12months ago and here we are, deep in plopsville, rejoicing cos we might not get relegated again.

EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON

You get the club you deserve.

FFS if only Koeman Allardyce Silva Benitez Lampard and Dyche had thought of this earlier.