2023/24 Sean Dyche

Didn't we have several weekend where we didn't have a game, international breaks etc? The run was absolutely crap for sure, but the results return is miles better than last season.

Who said they want him to get a new deal?
Ok forget the months, let’s call it 14 games the worst run in 67yrs. 14 games in more than 1/3 of the season

I dont care about the football.

I want a manager who knows how to win football games, who ATTEMPTS to win football games and doesnt rely on flukes and bad officials.

But hey ho, I told you all he was plop 12months ago and here we are, deep in plopsville, rejoicing cos we might not get relegated again.

EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON

You get the club you deserve.
Hang on when did Everton ever get the rub of the green with bad officials or flukes when it really mattered?

The squad is crap, the ownership is crap, it's a basket case of a club currently, some things self imposed, some things not. It's **** all to do with what we deserve.

But even if you do the response is "AS IF HAHA LAD GET REAL WE DESERVE DYCHE" anyway, so why bother honestly?

I've played this stupid game for a year and a bit now.

Missing the point though.

When a player isnt good enough, you dont get loads of fans saying but oh he's the best we can get, no other player in X position would want to come here.

Its the clubs job to find someone better for that position as we employ people to do that, they dont put out a big survey asking the fans.

You ask Burnley fans would they swap Kompany for Dyche and im betting 90%+ would say no. They are trying to progress.

We are in a serious trouble this Summer.

Would honestly prefer us not to retain a truly awful manager to compound our issues.
I like to think if we have to we can sell Onana and Branthwaite and hand Dyche enough to get a new RB, CB and buy another striker / playmaker type in.

Better options on the flanks and a player who can make things happen around the edge of the box would boost us. Dyche will always have an organised defence no matter the personnel.

Ultimately we all want winning football, but if we’re going to be a struggling bottom 6 team I’d rather see us trying to attack and win games.
Martinez I agree with you the playing it around the back for ages was pointless and I don’t think anyone wants that. I want to see us attack and trying to score goals and be in the front foot, get wide players who attack full backs, get full backs over lapping. Not this dyche tactic of having 7/8 players constantly behind the ball and hardly ever committing players forward.

I disagree about Potter and Iraola, go and have a look at the Brighton squad potter started with and do you think Bournemouth have much better technical footballers than us ??
I’m pretty sure our fans would love to watch us play like city if we were winning things.
Just to argue… bottom six is different to bottom 3 and we have bottom 3 squad and board at the minute.
Also Bournemouth and Brightons squads are better than ours

Dave we've won two games in five months with ten goals scored that doesn't seem like an effective system
Over 38 games it will have proven to be so. We'll end up with more than a point per game: last seen in these parts when that Italian Judas was swigging his cappuccino on the touchline.

Lampard and the other one had better and bigger squads that Dyche for me. Its why I believe Dyche has done the better job.
I bet would have gone 13 games with Lampard as well, 100%.

But I would say 21/22 squad of Lampard is better than 23/24 of Dyche, but 23/24 of Dyche is a bit better than 22/23 under both. Didn't replace quality, but depth of Richarlison and Gordon.

Ok forget the months, let’s call it 14 games the worst run in 67yrs. 14 games in more than 1/3 of the season
We know that, people have been very fixated on that fact, and yet still we are miles better off than last season. Almost like, just maybe, the manager, for all the negatives and crap football, is doing precisely what he was brought in to do?

Missing the point though.

When a player isnt good enough, you dont get loads of fans saying but oh he's the best we can get, no other player in X position would want to come here.

Its the clubs job to find someone better for that position as we employ people to do that, they dont put out a big survey asking the fans.

You ask Burnley fans would they swap Kompany for Dyche and im betting 90%+ would say no. They are trying to progress.
No, I agree, was just saying how the same people would react to you naming an actually pragmatic manager, or a realistic choice - "as if", etc.