2023/24 Sean Dyche

Rubbish, they have Gibbs white who walks into our team. After that they Maybe 3 or 4 others who are pushing for a place. Even palace is 50/50. And considering they missed their 3/4 best players for a lot of the season, we should be looking above them which we would be without the deduction

they have goals mate we’ve not had

summer we need a striker

Yeah exactly, he's been LITERALLY THE SAME for 10 years, but "we'll get Ross Barkley and he'll have someone carrying the ball now and will change his entire approach that he hasn't changed in 10 years". Oh okay then.
It's weird because the very same people who call anyone with reservations about Sean Dyche fantasists are the very same posters who think he only plays the way he HAS ALWAYS PLAYED because he had no choice and really he's some sort of secret visionary just waiting to bust out some total football. Very odd.

Well there are a few other ITK’s out there other than theEsk and these actually get things right. Moshiri wanted beilsa who obviously turned us down , Thelwell wanted coreberan from West Brom and it came down to Denise and bill who wanted dyche

no we said no to biesla as he wanted to work with the u21s

moshiri prob wanted dyche he wanted him to keep us up which he has

I appreciate the difficulties he's had to deal with off the field, it must have bern hard.

However the style of football and his tactics are archaic. The fact that he's a very seasoned manager who's history is on average one goal a game suggests its not just a struggle due to x reason. Its his style. He wont change but football has. He has been extremely lucky that there are 3 of the worst teams to have come up in the league this season.

My annoyance is the people who honestly believe there isnt one other manager across world football that couldnt do a better job here. Complete nonsense.
I agree about almost every word in this statement.

I mean I have been critical overall about Dyche, especially once the results were worsening in 2024. I even opened a thread after Bournemouth asking him to get sacked. But still criticism has to be fair and proven at times by stats if numbers are involved etc, some, but some have the bigotry like journalists that turn around the thesis to their favour, but leaving out important points, takes 30 seconds to prove that.

What I said, we need to stop getting managers like our last 3, because none of them will get us back in the top half. We need to get rid of half of the squad as well.

I am not the person that won't give someone like Arteta type 3-4 seasons to rebuild, when I see progress every year. But I doubt, many will do that. I can say that Dyche isn't the person that I would give that.

He has never played any other style of football. Ever. You could give him the 1970 Brazil national team and he'd play it tight at the back, no overlap from the fullbacks, hoping to scrape a 1-0 on a set piece. That's how he is. He'd have absolutely ruined those fullbacks careers if he'd had that team.
I disagree, he played quite expansive football with burnley in his early years managing them. He reverts to the curent style when his back is against the wall like in his final season at Burnley with them sellingbhis best players.......and that after turning them into a PL regular!! His back is firmly against the wall at this club!!
His recruitment at Burnley IMO was exeptional considering his budget and he had some great aerial threat up front. With us he has no great attacking options and limited everywhere else.
We have had a few games in his early days at Everton where i thought we looked good. Really good press, but the players ran out of steam or just cant be arsed working as hard as he needs them to. So he reverted to our current style. Our players are extremely limited!!
At present the club is hopeless everywhere you look. But we fans chosse to aim all our frustation at the one guy who can turn it around on the field rather than the offfield owner whonhas finally managed to destroy this club.
Everyone can hound him out if they like, but be careful what you wish for. It would take a miracle worker to turn this club around and it will take more than a new manager.

It's weird because the very same people who call anyone with reservations about Sean Dyche fantasists are the very same posters who think he only plays the way he HAS ALWAYS PLAYED because he had no choice and really he's some sort of secret visionary just waiting to bust out some total football. Very odd.
hes a limited manager we all know this

without deductions we safe already x

Job is nearly finished. Thank him, say goodbye and move on.
With all the uncertainty and the absolute mess we are embroiled in it would be insane to sack a manager who is almost guaranteed to keep you in the division against the odds.

Remember, next season is just about staying up until we get into Bramley Moore. It is not the season to be gambling on a hipster who will most likely be replaced at Xmas because he can't get a load of crabs to play total football.

I disagree, he played quite expansive football with burnley in his early years managing them. He reverts to the curent style when his back is against the wall like in his final season at Burnley with them sellingbhis best players.......and that after turning them into a PL regular!! His back is firmly against the wall at this club!!
His recruitment at Burnley IMO was exeptional considering his budget and he had some great aerial threat up front. With us he has no great attacking options and limited everywhere else.
We have had a few games in his early days at Everton where i thought we looked good. Really good press, but the players ran out of steam or just cant be arsed working as hard as he needs them to. So he reverted to our current style. Our players are extremely limited!!
At present the club is hopeless everywhere you look. But we fans chosse to aim all our frustation at the one guy who can turn it around on the field rather than the offfield owner whonhas finally managed to destroy this club.
Everyone can hound him out if they like, but be careful what you wish for. It would take a miracle worker to turn this club around and it will take more than a new manager.

he’s all we can have right now and that’s it

until everything is stable

With all the uncertainty and the absolute mess we are embroiled in it would be insane to sack a manager who is almost guaranteed to keep you in the division against the odds.

Remember, next season is just about staying up until we get into Bramley Moore. It is not the season to be gambling on a hipster who will most likely be replaced at Xmas because he can't get a load of crabs to play total football.

yup

Our only objective until finances ease is for us to stay in the Prem. It's sad, but unfortunately it is the fact of the matter.

Every single Evertonian wants more than that.

Once new owners are in, hopefully not 777, things will hopefully change for the better.
The Kenwright goal of lowering expectations to the absolute floor has finally been achieved.
It's really quite incredible double think on the part of Dyche supporters to make the argument that we can't expect him to do any better than 17th while simultaneously saying without a points deduction were mid-table not far off Europe.
Which is it? Should we expect better next season because he's a good manager, or just be happy to survive because he isnt?

Well there are a few other ITK’s out there other than theEsk and these actually get things right. Moshiri wanted beilsa who obviously turned us down , Thelwell wanted coreberan from West Brom and it came down to Denise and bill who wanted dyche

If that's true, and if 777 happened who apparently rate Thelwell - there's every chance we get Corberán then.

Not sure it will be true though - he'd only been a West Brom a few months at that stage. [Edit - he'd been at West Brom for 90 days when we sacked Lampard]

And he feels a bit meh to me;

1713804817561.png

Do a Bournemouth thing like last season after they sacked O'Neill which was questing, but paid off for Wolves and Bournemouth.

They will finish above us, but Bournemouth made good transfers as well.

no we said no to biesla as he wanted to work with the u21s

moshiri prob wanted dyche he wanted him to keep us up which he has
Bielsa didn't want to come in halfway through a season, he wanted a full pre season first. He then suggested some bizarre scenario of coming in as an under 21 coach until the season finished.

Do you think Thelwell wanted young ?? You’re naive if you think dyche won’t be having a huge influence in incomings
Maybe Young was the best that was on offer? I dont know but Sean does not have the final say on player recruitment. We are in a position where Ashley Young is the type of free player we have to negotiate for. And maybe looks good on paper...his legs have gone IMO but he looked OK at villa.
The club have given up on youth development and im sure in the background Sean / Thelwell are trying to get that going again. In the interim we are stuck with no youth player coming through and signing free dinosaws.