2023/24 Sean Dyche

I dont disagree we need to improve the players, but his style of playing is the reason why DCL Mcneil Harrison Doucoure have not been scoring or are out of form.

How can these players get form when we dont have the ball longer than 5 passes (The style implemented by the manager) then its get in shape and defend for your life.

Agree 100%.

But the thing is, as I've bored everyone to tears with - I think that style of contain/% football - pragmatism to find the margins to keep a team in the league is, unfortunately, what the doctor ordered.

You see, if we do what Kompany is trying to do at Burnley, or what we tried against Chelsea - we sink because we've not got the players for it. High press/expansive football with the lack of pace in this team?! Full backs flying forward when none of them can cross a ball?

Also have to be fair and say Calvert-Lewin has been wasteful this season, McNeil has never been prolific, Harrison is what he is and for me, Dyche has got the most out of Doucoure. We've all said for years there's not the goals in this team - there wasn't before him with Richarlison, Gordon, Iwobi - and there isn't now.

I find it hard to get on Dyche's back, when I'd have taken 17th before a ball was kicked.

He's gone up a couple of notches in my estimation of him Eggs. Not as high as yours, but he's given me a memory last night that I will cherish for a long time. Terrific management the last week since that horrible Chelsea result, to follow that with 2 massive results he has to be given a lot of credit.
Agree.

I don't like him, and for me he is not the long term solution.

His gameplan is dour and most matchdays, rubbish.

However, I take my hat off to him for the three wins in the last four matches, and despite the debacle at Chelsea, last night his gameplan was spot on, and well done to him on getting the players to buy in to that plan.

Players who for the most part of the season have been, let's be honest, absolutely crap, came to the fore last night and made every Everton supporter's day a massive one.

Fourteen Years...unbelievable.

Oh, and VVD is an absolute Arrogant, Sourpuss, and Big Ben deserves massive accolades, for making the night an absolutely miserable one for Little Virg.

This has got to be a joke. Some of you must either be older than Methuselah or just out of nappies the way you go on about the football I started going 30 years ago and the football we've played this season is the sort of football we've played for at least half that time if you ask most neutrals of my age I'd bet a lot of money they'd say that last night is exactly what they associate with Everton.
No its not a joke mate!

Last night was the sort of performance i associate with Everton, but it was one game!!
What we done last night was a bit of everything long ball, some good passing, fighting for everything.

Some of the performances this season have been just as bad or worse than the Benitez Lampard era.

In response to a strange group of posters who can’t even seemingly enjoy a Derby win without having a dig at the manager.

I mean we’re all supposed to be on the same side here, surely whatever the long term views or opinions on the manager we can all enjoy the first home derby win in 14 years? Surely?!
All supposed to be on same side yet you are repeatedly in this thread insulting other fans and trying to get reactions.

2 examples from this week:
The same clowns who wrote Lampard in on the walls of Goodison because we needed a ‘young progressive manager’. Overentitled hipster morons.

This is a fact and while its an improvement that still keeps us as relegation fodder under this fella.

Now (end of the season) is the perfect time to part ways and get someone in who can move us away from achieving 40 points +-5 points.

Last night was great but lets not forget what weve had to endure for 80% of season against some of the poorest teams this league has seen.
What the hell are you expecting from him? He has 0 to spend, and no board/directors behind him, clubs a mess

He's technically got us in 14th on 41 pts after 34 games, 4 points off 10th, nowhere near relegation without the pts deductions.

I know the season isn't over but I would say over the course of the season, very much like us as fans we have had huge up and downs.

Dyche has been a 6/10.

Big points for me:
Kept us in the league twice with some great results especially away and a Derby victory really needed.

The points deduction has been massively cruel for him not to add two sanctions which have left everyone in limbo.

The lack of board has helped and hindered him. The udderless ship potentially kept him in a job after that shocking run but also no support to help him out.

Portugal was a nightmare. It just highlighted problems we have and how we are run.

Transfers or lack of. Harrison, Young, Beto and Chermiti have huge question marks on them but how much is Thetwell? Danjuma has been a waste and not a Dyche player.

Man-managerment has been questionable especially with Patterson and Young plus DCL/Beto but credit to him finally seeing Branthwaite over Keane.

Tactically we are very very limited because we don't have options but he needs to make use of his subs especially when we are running the squad into the ground.

Well Done Dyche - I've not been his biggest fan but credit when credit is due. I hope can organise better for the summer and get the squad ready before the end of transfer window.

Agree.

I don't like him, and for me he is not the long term solution.

His gameplan is dour and most matchdays, rubbish.

However, I take my hat off to him for the three wins in the last four matches, and despite the debacle at Chelsea, last night his gameplan was spot on, and well done to him on getting the players to buy in to that plan.

Players who for the most part of the season have been, let's be honest, absolutely crap, came to the fore last night and made every Everton supporter's day a massive one.

Fourteen Years...unbelievable.

Oh, and VVD is an absolute Arrogant, Sourpuss, and Big Ben deserves massive accolades, for making his night an absolutely miserable one for Little Virg.
I thought after the Chelsea game that we might have been cooked for the season. The turn around from that absolute disaster is something special in my opinion, the players didn't down tools.
I don't like him managing us, but I don't like us being in the bottom 5 every season of late. Clubs in a horrible place.

No its not a joke mate!

Last night was the sort of performance i associate with Everton, but it was one game!!
What we done last night was a bit of everything long ball, some good passing, fighting for everything.

Some of the performances this season have been just as bad or worse than the Benitez Lampard era.
Yes they have I don't disagree a lot of them are the same players so its not that surprising is it they just aren't very good and when things go wrong they go very wrong thats how it is for teams at the bottom we don't have to like it but its the reality of being a team in our position and this position isn't a false one surely everybody has managed to work that out by now. I was talking about the style of football it's not pretty i don't love it but its the type of football we've played for a lot of my time watching Everton its no worse than loads of other managers have served up in the premier league era you'd think we had a reputation for playing like City before he came the way some people go on.

Set us up well last night. Got a good reaction from the players after the chelsea match.

Should be looking up to the top 10 without deductions and sitting on 41 points. I would have been happy with that at the start of the season, especially with 4 games to go. So credit to him for that. Probably does deserve another season for that.

Something just irks me that he has essentially had two purple patches where 7 of his 11 wins have fallen. And for large parts of the season, we have lacked whatever it was he found from the players yesterday.

Hopefully we can let the shackles off a bit now and become a bit more creative and less defensive.

I see only Man City and Chelsea had more touches in Liverpool's penalty area than Everton this season.

Now we're safe, I think we'll see the whole team shift more forward for the rest of the season.

Im not convinced by that yet. That was a derby last night and one team just wanted it more. Im loving that but im just going to hold back and see if the same hunger is there against brentford.