2023/24 Sean Dyche

Im not convinced by that yet. That was a derby last night and one team just wanted it more. Im loving that but im just going to hold back and see if the same hunger is there against brentford.

Fear of losing/protect the point and the pressure of a relegation scrap is big. A lot of that was piled on for 4 months with a 10 point deduction - you only have to listen to Nuno/Forest cry arsing over a 4 point appeal causing chaos behind the scenes there.

I think we'll see more freedom and players who havent got the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Last night felt like a free hit without that pressure/expectation and the players seemed to thrive on it.

Set us up well last night. Got a good reaction from the players after the chelsea match.

Should be looking up to the top 10 without deductions and sitting on 41 points. I would have been happy with that at the start of the season, especially with 4 games to go. So credit to him for that. Probably does deserve another season for that.

Something just irks me that he has essentially had two purple patches where 7 of his 11 wins have fallen. And for large parts of the season, we have lacked whatever it was he found from the players yesterday.

Hopefully we can let the shackles off a bit now and become a bit more creative and less defensive.
This is a fair reflection

Set us up well last night. Got a good reaction from the players after the chelsea match.

Should be looking up to the top 10 without deductions and sitting on 41 points. I would have been happy with that at the start of the season, especially with 4 games to go. So credit to him for that. Probably does deserve another season for that.

Something just irks me that he has essentially had two purple patches where 7 of his 11 wins have fallen. And for large parts of the season, we have lacked whatever it was he found from the players yesterday.

Hopefully we can let the shackles off a bit now and become a bit more creative and less defensive.

We have to be looking at bringing in a creative centre mid in the summer, a number 10. We haven’t replaced Gilfy or Rodriguez.

Fear of losing/protect the point and the pressure of a relegation scrap is big. A lot of that was piled on for 4 months with a 10 point deduction - you only have to listen to Nuno/Forest cry arsing over a 4 point appeal causing chaos behind the scenes there.

I think we'll see more freedom and players who havent got the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Last night felt like a free hit without that pressure/expectation and the players seemed to thrive on it.

I hope so. And will be watching closely to see if it allows more confidence as it could show a lot for even next season. Im an Evertonian for to long and one thing thats got up my nose esp in the last 5 or 6 years is one good performance and they think they've done enough for the next month and ease off.

I think playing under the cloud of 2 points deductions has had a big psychological impact on the players. Forget the nonsense the media spout about it galvanising us when we had very good form before the deduction (and comes from a similar dismissive arrogance from pundits/opposition fans who claim Pickford only plays well for England).

It will have been hard on the players and manager psychologically knowing that no matter how hard they were trying, they were going to be set back through outside factors.

I hope so. And will be watching closely to see if it allows more confidence as it could show a lot for even next season. Im an Evertonian for to long and one thing thats got up my nose esp in the last 5 or 6 years is one good performance and they think they've done enough for the next month and ease off.

Spot on that. It’s riddled throughout the club sadly and it’s jarring asf.

This is a fact and while its an improvement that still keeps us as relegation fodder under this fella.

Now (end of the season) is the perfect time to part ways and get someone in who can move us away from achieving 40 points +-5 points.

Last night was great but lets not forget what weve had to endure for 80% of season against some of the poorest teams this league has seen.

I wouldn't call 40+ points with games still to play relegation fodder. I'd call it lower-mid table obscurity.

Buzzing off last night, the tempo we set, the fight we showed etc!

But.......................................... i was massively surprised by how Liverpool played into our hands! I'm not sure if Klopp just thought they would be beter on the ball, but his team selection (in hindsight) was daft!

Not having a 'battler' in midfield like Endo was a mistake, the 3 'passers' couldn't handle the pace! TAA would of been better suited in there, throwing Gomez in at right back would of helped too with the areal bombardment!

Also, the amount of silly free kicks they gave away was suicide! Over our 15 game 'run' teams had learned not to give silly fouls away!

I think a lot of that can just be put down to us being a poor team thats just how it goes when you're a bottom half team you can't get the consistency and you can have times when you really struggle. If you look at the teams who have won similar points to us they will have the same sort of things happening. Crystal Palace had a run of 1 win in 9 games and another one of 1 win in 10 games and both times the 1 win was against Burnley and they've had some bad losses too. Fulham had two 5 0 wins in a row and then lost 4 of their next 5 games. Wolves had a really bad start and are in terrible form now but they had a great middle of the season. If you're putting consistent results together you're not in the bottom half of the table its obvious when you think about it.

I think playing under the cloud of 2 points deductions has had a big psychological impact on the players. Forget the nonsense the media spout about it galvanising us when we had very good form before the deduction (and comes from a similar dismissive arrogance from pundits/opposition fans who claim Pickford only plays well for England).

It will have been hard on the players and manager psychologically knowing that no matter how hard they were trying, they were going to be set back through outside factors.
I think a massive part of the reason they were so bad at Chelsea is because they'd worked so hard to finally get that win against Burnley and relieve a load of pressure and then they basically immediately had it taken off them by the deduction making it pointless I said at the time I thought it might be enough to mentally ruin them for the rest of the season but i'm so happy that they've managed to bounce back from it.