2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We turned Branthwaite into a superstar. Is Onana a young player.... Burnley are absolute gash and getting relegated. Whats your point?
They got relegated the year before under dyche and were double gash. Difference now they can sell some their young talents make money and go again.
Branthwaite is a superstar, van nistelrooy did a lot of coaching with him, which I’m sure was a huge help. Onana cost 33mil and is a Belgium regular, think he’s going to get games at a bottom 6 club. More about dobbin hardly getting a look in, though McNeil and Harrison were stinking the gaff out, Patterson hardly getting a look in, a CB and 38yr old getting in ahead of him and Chermiti started one game when DCL and Beto were out, he looked decent v Brentford and when seeing that performance, it’s a bit weird, but not surprising dyche has gone to Beto all the time

fishing-gif-10.gif
Ah. The classic 'the same comments I was making months ago now aren't landing as hard so I'll pretend I'm just riling people up' tactic

They got relegated the year before under dyche and were double gash. Difference now they can sell some their young talents make money and go again.
Branthwaite is a superstar, van nistelrooy did a lot of coaching with him, which I’m sure was a huge help. Onana cost 33mil and is a Belgium regular, think he’s going to get games at a bottom 6 club. More about dobbin hardly getting a look in, though McNeil and Harrison were stinking the gaff out, Patterson hardly getting a look in, a CB and 38yr old getting in ahead of him and Chermiti started one game when DCL and Beto were out, he looked decent v Brentford and when seeing that performance, it’s a bit weird, but not surprising dyche has gone to Beto all the time
You know, I agree. You might be onto something here?

All those negatives you point out, and yet what a massive improvement he's made on the previous 2 seasons. We're well away from the drop zone, even with points deducted. It might, I mean might just be, that this manager, with all his experience, is just the thing for our club, at this moment in time.

Amazing.

You know, I agree. You might be onto something here?

All those negatives you point out, and yet what a massive improvement he's made on the previous 2 seasons. We're well away from the drop zone, even with points deducted. It might, I mean might just be, that this manager, with all his experience, is just the thing for our club, at this moment in time.

Amazing.
Last season his 18 games he averaged 1.19 points per game. This season in 36 including the 8 points deduction he’s averaging 1.25 points per game. Is that a massive improvement? Considering he’s got a better squad and his go to 14/15 players have all played or been available for at least 30 of them games

Last season his 18 games he averaged 1.19 points per game. This season in 36 including the 8 points deduction he’s averaging 1.25 points per game. Is that a massive improvement? Considering he’s got a better squad and his go to 14/15 players have all played or been available for at least 30 of them games
I think you have answered your own question, friend. Small incremental improvements, and the league table tells its own story. To make your point even stronger though, we could look at the average number of points from Lampard also, but I think you have summed up nicely how well he has done.

I think you have answered your own question, friend. Small incremental improvements, and the league table tells its own story. To make your point even stronger though, we could look at the average number of points from Lampard also, but I think you have summed up nicely how well he has done.
Over 38 games it’s 2.2 points 🤣🤣🤣 with a much better squad. Next season when teams spend all weak working on set pieces, that could be a big problem for dyche, because he doesn’t seem to have answer when things go bad. Toss of a coin football is not sustainable.

Why would we look at Lampard he’s crap and one of our worst ever mangers. And dyche is brilliant, amazing a miracle worker

We turned Branthwaite into a superstar. Is Onana a young player.... Burnley are absolute gash and getting relegated. Whats your point?
Did we?

We sent him on loan. Then he spent all summer with England u21s. Then came back and started performing at the level he has done, having had no input from our coaching staff for over a year.

Not sure we should be taking credit for making him a superstar just because Dyche finally realised that Keane was playing appallingly.

Over 38 games it’s 2.2 points 🤣🤣🤣 with a much better squad. Next season when teams spend all weak working on set pieces, that could be a big problem for dyche, because he doesn’t seem to have answer when things go bad. Toss of a coin football is not sustainable.

Why would we look at Lampard he’s crap and one of worst ever mangers. And dyche is brilliant, amazing a miracle worker
Again you make the point perfectly, 2.2 points less and we'd have been relegated last season. These small incremental improvements are exactly the reason we have done so well this season. Our set piece goals are the second best in the league too, once again you make a really good point!

Agree about Lampard, although I think you might be jumping the gun a bit with Sean. He's done well on limited resources and with a skip fire of a club off the pitch, but let's not get carried away.

Ultimately I suppose we are what we are .
It doesn’t matter who we employ as manager, the high end quality of Ancelotti or a competent journeyman like Dyche the football ends up as second rate dirge.
We have been producing soulless second rate football for so long now that it’s ingrained throughout the club.
At least Dyche has brought Billy Joe Armstrong into the blue fold which is about the only thing he has impressed me with, along with his love of music generally.
I’m at peace with Dyche now, next season is about saying farewell to Goodison Park , as long as we assume our ( now historic) default position of mid table obscurity that’s fine.
Beer , laughs and memories along with the occasional home win are all I ask for next season.

Again you make the point perfectly, 2.2 points less and we'd have been relegated last season. These small incremental improvements are exactly the reason we have done so well this season. Our set piece goals are the second best in the league too, once again you make a really good point!

Agree about Lampard, although I think you might be jumping the gun a bit with Sean. He's done well on limited resources and with a skip fire of a club off the pitch, but let's not get carried away.

Nice to see you’ve had a reality check.
You’ve gone from massive improvements to small improvements, when I gave you the facts. 👍 life is about learning, keep up the good work

Dyche out brigade still bumping their gums. Aspects of this fan base are so bloody deluded it's beyond me. Just look at the state of this club off the pitch and tell me who in their sane mind would come here. He's exactly who we need at this point in time. And proven to be the right man too. Morons !

Nice to see you’ve had a reality check.
You’ve gone from massive improvements to small improvements, when I gave you the facts. 👍 life is about learning, keep up the good work
I don't think you understand the subtleties I was referring to friend, but don't feel bad, I will explain.

Small incremental improvements in different areas, such as a tight defence, slight increase in average points gained per game, set piece goals, all contribute to the overall bigger picture. Eg the overall league position, or the points obtained, I think we can all agree that the points gained this season, even with 2 league games to go is a MASSIVE improvement on previous years.

It's great that we can all work together to point out what a super job Sean has done, and it's great that we're all learning together, right friend? 👍 👍 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back