2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still train like this ?

I don`t even think kids footy coaches do this anymore.

It`s a sure fire way to pick up injuries.

Our injuries haven’t felt too bad this season compared to previous years. We’ve had a settled spine with Pickford Tarkowski Branthwaite Onana Garner Gueye DCL for more often than not. It’s only really the Docuoure injury which hampered us. In previous seasons it’s been pastas standing at times with injuries.

the one thing about dyche you can’t deny his stubbornness and reluctance to try something new and change his ways.

We could have the best 18 year olds in world football playing in our reserves but they would just get ignored for a veteran player who has “experience” because they’ve got 400 appearances.

Im not saying dobbin is world class or anything but why wasnt he starting against Sheffield United. He scores against Chelsea and disappears into obscurity with the occasional 94th minute appearance. I know he has had his injury problems but Sheffield United would have been the perfect game to start him. Don’t even get me started on the Ashley young debarcle.
Good post, I agree with you 100%

the one thing about dyche you can’t deny his stubbornness and reluctance to try something new and change his ways.

We could have the best 18 year olds in world football playing in our reserves but they would just get ignored for a veteran player who has “experience” because they’ve got 400 appearances.

Im not saying dobbin is world class or anything but why wasnt he starting against Sheffield United. He scores against Chelsea and disappears into obscurity with the occasional 94th minute appearance. I know he has had his injury problems but Sheffield United would have been the perfect game to start him. Don’t even get me started on the Ashley young debarcle.
Sorry, I must have missed the plethora of world beating youngsters who've been ignored in favour of elderly, donkey-related, 'experienced' players. It might be argued that Braithwaite could have been put in the team half a dozen games earlier, but Dobbin is deffo a borderline at best bet, and in that situation anyone would have to defer to the manager who's got infinitely more experience of him.

'Stubbornness ' and 'reluctance' have got us (points cheated out of ignored) in mid table. I doubt that picking not good enough kids would remotely have improved on that.

Sorry, I must have missed the plethora of world beating youngsters who've been ignored in favour of elderly, donkey-related, 'experienced' players. It might be argued that Braithwaite could have been put in the team half a dozen games earlier, but Dobbin is deffo a borderline at best bet, and in that situation anyone would have to defer to the manager who's got infinitely more experience of him.

'Stubbornness ' and 'reluctance' have got us (points cheated out of ignored) in mid table. I doubt that picking not good enough kids would remotely have improved on that.
we could have a 17 old wayne Rooney regen in our reserves and dyche would start a 40 year old Calvert lewin ahead of him

That is the point

If you are happy with old experienced players that’s fine

The whole manager has experience argument is farcical as well

Many managers have been sacked for their stubbornness and inability to change their ways and have left our great players I.e Benitez

When Rodriguez was getting booted out the side where was the whole ‘the manager knows best’ argument then?

I think the point is that we don’t have the luxury of many dead rubbers these days. If we have young players who are “borderline” then why not give them that experience, that will go a great deal further in informing us whether or not they’re worth keeping around?

I don’t think Simms would have pulled up trees for us, but when we were taking the last couple of seasons down to the wire we didn’t have the opportunity to really see for ourselves. Be a shame if Dobbin ends up not being given the chances when they arise.

I dunno I'm probably wrong here, but I don't think we try to play terrible football? We just break down in key areas, such as a number 10 who had trampolines for feet, Harrison unable to beat a player, DCL went on a horrible run of misses. We are direct but we create chances, we just lack a bit of quality in the final third. I think the willingness is there?

we could have a 17 old wayne Rooney regen in our reserves and dyche would start a 40 year old Calvert lewin ahead of him

That is the point

Many managers have been sacked for their stubbornness and inability to change their ways and have left our great players I.e Benitez

When Rodriguez was getting booted out the side where was the whole ‘the manager knows best’ argument then?

He’s started Branthwaite ahead of Keane and Godfrey for the majority of the season. He’s played Garner and Onana over Gueye at times. He’s played McNeil over Danjuma.

In all these examples he’s not selected experience.

He’s started Branthwaite ahead of Keane and Godfrey for the majority of the season. He’s played Garner and Onana over Gueye at times. He’s played McNeil over Danjuma.

In all these examples he’s not selected experience.
He only dropped gana when he got injured in a warm up and it forced him into it and onana and garner played really well so he couldn’t drop them. And Gana has actually started 23 of the 27 games available for so it’s a rarity.

Same way he was starting Keane over branthwaite at the start of the season until Keanes position became untenable and because branthwaite is literally a superstar.

That is the point

The point is a scenario you have made up in your head?

I dunno I'm probably wrong here, but I don't think we try to play terrible football? We just break down in key areas, such as a number 10 who had trampolines for feet, Harrison unable to beat a player, DCL went on a horrible run of misses. We are direct but we create chances, we just lack a bit of quality in the final third. I think the willingness is there?
Pretty much sums it up nicely I'd say. Can we add quality in the final third and not lose too much elsewhere without the industry from the likes of Harrison and Doucs. Would be a question we could ask more readily if anyone of the poor buggers on the football side knew where they stood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back