2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's one. By little Ralphy who uses the phrase "free games".

So are you saying because other people try to cause Dyche themed fights it alright to do so? Hmmm?

We're soooo painfully losing to Burnley. Dyche masterclass coming up.

The football fates are more likely to serve up a 3-1 home loss to Burnley and Vinnie Kompany wrly stating "I told the lads at half time, I don't think these know how to win at home" in his post match interview.

Odds on Douchey slapping Keane into the starting line up for Branthwaite at the weekend? He'll be itching to. Probably been waiting for the chance.

People defending signing Young? Wowzers.

This you yeah? That’s on the first couple of pages of your posts just in this thread alone.

Imagine causing a Dyche themed fight?

This you yeah? That’s on the first couple of pages of your posts just in this thread alone.

Imagine causing a Dyche themed fight?

Hello mate. Your response to making a false statement and asking if it is appropriate to cause a Dyche themed fight is to *checks notes* try to turn the tables. Badly.

I accept your unconditional surrender.

To the original point- 1 person was explicity talking about free games, no?

Hello mate. Your response to making a false statement and asking if it is appropriate to cause a Dyche themed fight is to *checks notes* try to turn the tables. Badly.

I accept your unconditional surrender.

To the original point- 1 person was explicity talking about free games, no?

No the person talking about free games is quoting another poster talking about free opportunities in the last three games. By the very nature of opportunities being free in the last few games it means there’s nothing riding on the outcome ergo free games.

So just to ask, you have no problem causing Dyche themed fights given your propensity to post inflammatory content about him related to negative events that haven’t yet happened?

We'd not won then in 2024, so pipe down you ferret.

Weird how a season is 38 games isn’t it. It’s almost as though you shouldn’t shoot your load too early and wait and see what the overall result is rather than hysterical reactions to arbitrary results or runs of games

No the person talking about free games is quoting another poster talking about free opportunities in the last three games. By the very nature of opportunities being free in the last few games it means there’s nothing riding on the outcome ergo free games.

So just to ask, you have no problem causing Dyche themed fights given your propensity to post inflammatory content about him related to negative events that haven’t yet happened?
Again, I'm taking that as your absolute capitulation.

Again, I'm taking that as your absolute capitulation.

You can read it whatever way you want mate (you’ve evidenced your MO for this already). It was a bit of a bizarre segue for you to pursue so fervently which makes me think you just have a weird thing for ferrets , George Michael or Andrew Ridgeley (potentially any and all combinations). Each to their own though.

Back on topic though. Boss job by Dyche.

You can read it whatever way you want mate (you’ve evidenced your MO for this already). It was a bit of a bizarre segue for you to pursue so fervently which makes me think you just have a weird thing for ferrets , George Michael or Andrew Ridgeley (potentially any and all combinations). Each to their own though.

Back on topic though. Boss job by Dyche.
Nope buddy I'm a wham chatting ferret policeman. You're being watched by the

And you're definitely being monitored. Love your propensity to just argue the toss regardless. You did it the other day about striker depth. Proper wham.

But yes, all told, Dyche did a good job despite the many legitimate frustrations this season.

Think we have to take our medicine mate.

In any walk of life, a manager is expected to manage the resource he has to give the best performance.

We're not very good eh? We were minutes from relegation in successive seasons - which, given the state of the club with Bramley Moore would have been catastrophic - Sunderland and Leeds first time round for the club.

We're improving, and he's kept us comfortably in the league.

It's not pretty, but until we're stable - only then I think it's fair to ask the question as to whether he can progress us further.

I mean, look at us now - other teams are planning for next season, we still haven't got a clue who'll own the club. It's chaos.
That's the key for me. Stability is what we need most right now and he has done that. Props to him.

Very hard for him to go on the front foot every time. We were forced to sell our 2 paciest players to pay the bills. He has played a bad hand very well and deserves more praise than he's getting, far more.
The Liverpool home game was our game of the season - if we could hit the heights of that performance, it was incredible but he was the correct manager for this season & maybe next if he stays ......

Hm... plenty of people on this site said 'have a go' at Chelsea away. Then as many wanted his head on a stick after the game.

What id he do? Rollocked the players, raised the merry-go-round of managers and asked them is that where it's at. That took courage and belief - which is what the team showed in the last month or so of the season.

He's the right man to help us keep shedding the crap in the squad and get as safely to BMD.

Albeit he'll rarely be thanked for that.
Regardless of who the manager is, the fixation with BMD as some sort of turning point is fantasy.
It is a lump of architecture and its cost will be a millstone around our neck for years to come.
It will be many years before it contributes positively to the football team on the pitch.
Until then it will be overpriced tickets , overpriced food , and overpriced beer.
A plastic bowl , a well designed , but still just a plastic bowl. Whether it can even come close to replicating the atmosphere of Goodison remains to be seen.
I’ll reserve any excitement or antipation for what happens on the pitch , wherever that pitch may be .

The Liverpool home game was our game of the season - if we could hit the heights of that performance, it was incredible but he was the correct manager for this season & maybe next if he stays ......
Agree. I think he is very average, but with the poor squad we currently have he seems to be the best fit, and to keep us up with three games to go after the eight-point deduction he has done a really good job.

Maybe he is the best manager we can have for where we are right now.

Look forward to seeing how we do next season with him at the helm but without Branthwaite.

No ones saying that and you may be happy watching football played like that but as a fan for more than 70 years I hate week after week being continually playing defensive football. We start every game on the back foot no matter who we are playing or where we are playing
Agreed mate, we should've played attacking football like Luton....

He's inherited a mess, a squad that almost took us down twice. Teams at the bottom have two choices. Be sensible and sort the defence out or go for it and risk attacking. Add on an 8 point deduction and you'd be daft to expect free flowing football.
In a season, he transformed us from a team fighting relegation, to the 4th best defence in the league, safe by late December (without realising it) and finishing 11th (without the deductions)

If you don't see progress and a manager working with, quite frankly, an appalling squad, then I can't help you. If we had a striker who could finish, I'd love to have seen where we'd have ended up. I've never walked out of so many matches fuming at the absolute sitters missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back