Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

christ can you imagine Dyche as England Manager 🤣

"The lads have come in early as I wanted them to experience Gaffas day"

but Sean the players are 6 weeks into the season?

"Yes but they need to put the hard yards in what I say, so they can get the feel of what it's like to represent England"

So you think they need to get fitter?

"it's about being on the grass and understanding the nuts and bolts if you like"
(stokes his beard, and wipes sweat off top of his head)

with San Marino having 70% of the possession, what are your thoughts on this?

"They are a good outfit, we knew we were up against a good team before we started, the thing is I knew this was going to be a hard job before I come"

Why have you picked Ashley Young for the squad?

"Youngy has never let me down and is a top professional who can play anywhere"

"Yes but they need to put the hard yards in what I say, so they can get the feel of what it's like to represent England"

"it's about being on the grass and understanding the nuts and bolts if you like"

"They are a good outfit, we knew we were up against a good team before we started, the thing is I knew this was going to be a hard job before I come"

No August games anymore

And Keane would get called up too. :lol:

You can like football or you can like Dyche. You can’t like both.
When he came in at first I was really behind him, mainly down to the way he made it seem like he was genuinely happy to have been given the opportunity to show he could manage one of the biggest clubs in the country, as opposed to some of our previous managers who thought they were above our level but were persuaded by a lorry load of cash to grace our club with their presence. I thought he would sort us out defensively but was worried that we might struggle to score enough goals to move forward, as that`s how his last season with Burnley worked.
But the way its turned out every game we play we seem to be happy to play with a much smaller share of the ball, which at times may be acceptable, but when your at home to teams like Palace and getting 40% possession, that`s not the way we want to see our team playing.

So if he replies and says he didn't suggest Greece's football was bad in 2004, do you apologise or do you short circuit and hide.

But I’ve not drawn any inference, you keep assuming I have but all I asked them was whether anyone in Greece cares about the football played in 2004. They may have drawn a comparison to Dyche, but I’ve not said they did.

So no apology necessary, they can reply to the question if they wish to or not, and you can ask yourself why you felt the need to get involved in the first place.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back