Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

I’d probably say 9-12th. I’ve been saying since Carlo left that we have better quality than people make out but keep making awful manager choices (by only having a shortlist of 1/2 crap managers).

But in return to you, why do you think Dyche still needs to play this style when he hasn’t just inherited a bottom half team anymore but actually has a team that was clearly capable of top 10 just last season?

If a manager takes a team that is probably a middle bottom half squad and takes them to 12th, it doesn’t mean they were clearly capable of top 10. The runs of form not winning are averaged out by two runs of winning form that most other bottom half teams won’t do either. Over the course of a season it averaged out to 48 points.

There’s no way we have a better squad on paper than the top ten I just listed. No way. I’m sorry I can buy 12th even 11th but if people are arguing we have a better squad quality wise than Brighton or West Ham it’s just not true. Brighton massively underperformed last season and we probably core performed a bit and we ended up the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back