Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

Yes very true. I don't massively warm to him, but honestly it's not important who I warm too (I warmed to Lampard, nice guy but the opposite was true).

The staying up on goal difference was nerve wracking. But let's be honest, after that West Ham game, if you'd offered any of us you stay up on the last day on goal difference, we would have all taken it. He got us out of a deep predicament.

And as you have said, without the points deduction last season (which is not in any way on him) we would have been comfortably safe. To be honest, we'd have been safe in January.

He's doing the job he was brought in to do. I know people get a bit funny with him, but I can understand his frustration really. He's delivering what he was asked.

Precisely, and how many other Everton manager since Moyes can say they delivered what the club asked of them? Some of them had a lot of money and good players with which to do it as well.

Thats why I consider Koeman Martinez (final seasons) and Silva’s tenures much more of a failure than anything Dyche has done because of the opportunity loss, Koeman especially. There’s not much opportunity loss with Dyche as we were 19th when he came in, he’s turned a transfer profit and moved us up the table. Other managers wasted war chests and quality players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back