2024/25 Sean Dyche

Im honestly at the stage where I dont see the point is playing terrible football and surviving season in season out.
Get in a young, hungry manager, like the fella at WBA or Davide Ancelotti and have a go at playing the game using tactics.

I'd agree at any other moment in our history

Not right now

Stay in the league by hook or by crook

Pray that we get a new owner and that they at least start us on the road to stability

For me it's survival at any cost. I back Dyche to get the PTS needed WAY WAY more than I do the club to get a new manager in that can improve things and get us there.

Too risky

This is the definition of football purgatory. Having to put up with this pathetic negative mind-blowingly dour football because we're petrified of relegation.

I can't stand watching us, even when we win. Going to the game knowing that regardless of the result you're going to be bored to death is soul destroying.

Brighton & Spurs away - opening tough games. Brighton have spent around £200m this summer and Spurs attacking options are around £150m. Meanwhile EFC have had to sell all our best players to appease PSR.

That team today - only Pickford & Tarkowski are top 10 players.

Reviewing the current situation:

Injury crisis

14 fit players

Kids at RB & in midfield

Limited investment

Dyche isn't perfect, however he will not be getting the sack and neither should he 2 games into a season with the above circumstances.

The start of the last two seasons, the 14 game winless streak... this is the norm under Dyche. The short periods of form last season were precipitated by a coming together after the first points deduction firstly (fair play) and a couple of really fortunate wins vs fellow relegation strugglers Burnley and Forest secondly (or a change of outfit if you listen to the pundit experts).

But I don't think we are entitled to those periods of form, and they are IMO indicative of a group of players scratching around for something, anything, to grab on to to build some momentum, form and confidence.

We can expect no better than the 14 game winless run and the shambolic August performances...But those periods of form do tell us this group of players is capable of a better nominal performance.

If Dyche, or someone else, can't unlock it we will get relegated.

I'd agree at any other moment in our history

Not right now

Stay in the league by hook or by crook

Pray that we get a new owner and that they at least start us on the road to stability

For me it's survival at any cost. I back Dyche to get the PTS needed WAY WAY more than I do the club to get a new manager in that can improve things and get us there.

Too risky
Maybe you're right and I have a lot of friends who agree.
I just see too many tactical errors or a complete lack of tactics that would suggest to me that there are a ton of managers who could do a better job.
Dyches two good runs last season each started two games after both points deductions.
He used them to galvanize the team, which was great and saved us.
I fear that without the extra motivation, we just look lost.
This team has shown absolutely nothing and while he may be able to patch up the defense, I have no hope for him getting us clicking going forward.
I honestly dont think he knows how.

Been long discussed and given my opinion loads. Indicative of a big problem at the club.

No way Dyche is saying sign Chermiti, Beto, Danjuma etc. Even OBrien - he could end up brilliant but that's a lot of money for a player who we didn't expect to start ahead of Branthwaite or Tarkowski.

There's a disconnect there. I my view - DOF/recruitment are making signings that Dyche doesn't fancy.

I don’t want players that Dyche wants tbh. He suggested Ashley Young.

Says everything we need to know. People went nuts when we hired Benitez.

GVpx55YWcAALyRL.jpeg.68d9b060226247bfb8b3335cfaa6bc45.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back