2024/25 Sean Dyche

I get why the media are jumping on the Everton in free fall narrative, it's something to talk about. But we know this is how it's been under Dyche, runs of bad form, runs of good form. Just because we've started terribly doesn't mean we won't get it together. We certainly aren't playing this badly because Godfrey and Onana have been sold.

Brighton under a new manager was always going to be challenging for us - Dyche system relies in nullifying the oppo set up, which is difficult with no historic info to draw on.

Spurs away, again not 3 points we are expecting.

I reckon the youngsters are only playing at the mo to put pressure on Thelwell to buy more players. He wants a full back and a centre mid you'd think.

Fair enough he did a decent job to keep us up last season under difficult circumstances but doesn’t mean we can’t be critical of atrocious style of play we have to endure most of the time. There’s been a handful of games I can remember where we’ve played good football with passing on the deck and movement. There’s been a few games we’ve lost but played good football. The majority of games , especially at home has been long ball hoof , no discernible tactics , no real in game management / subs that make a difference and a lot of questionable selections/too much loyalty to players performing badly. As I mentioned previously, I don’t think anyone plays this old school British manager long ball type game in the Prem anymore as it’s not sustainable. I also don’t think Dyche can evolve or change his style, other teams seem to be able to pluck the more modern , forward thinking European managers out there

I get why the media are jumping on the Everton in free fall narrative, it's something to talk about. But we know this is how it's been under Dyche, runs of bad form, runs of good form. Just because we've started terribly doesn't mean we won't get it together. We certainly aren't playing this badly because Godfrey and Onana have been sold.

Brighton under a new manager was always going to be challenging for us - Dyche system relies in nullifying the oppo set up, which is difficult with no historic info to draw on.

I reckon the youngsters are only playing at the mo to put pressure on Thelwell to buy more players. He wants a full back and a centre mid you'd think.
That's the new heights of excuses for Dyche. It will always be challenging for a "miracle worker" with a decade of prem experience to resist a 31 year kid from the second German league on his debut day. Incredible.

That's the new heights of excuses for Dyche. It will always be challenging for a "miracle worker" with a decade of prem experience to resist a 31 year kid from the second German league on his debut day. Incredible.
The guys got thicker skin than a Rhino and is completely shameless.

Il bet tonight regardless of what team he puts out you wont notice the difference between the teams in terms of league each of them are in.

Any more excuses you can think of

Runs of good form last about 4 games. Then a run of bad form for 15. It’s appalling and if he is happy with that, he shouldn’t be a football manager.

That's an astonishing level of excuse making there. Why could he have not looked at the Brighton managers previous in Germany for some indicators of style/play?

how it's been under Dyche, runs of bad form, runs of good form
mostly bad
We certainly aren't playing this badly because Godfrey and Onana have been sold.
According to Dyche we are
which is difficult with no historic info to draw on.
He could've watched Brighton's pre season games and drawn on info from Hurzeler's time at St. Pauli
It was no secret he was setting them up the same way
I reckon the youngsters are only playing at the mo
because Ashley Young got sent off

He talks a good game. Comes across well spoken and knows what he is doing.

He doesn't play a good game and doesn't seem to know what he is doing.

He talks the talk but not walk the walk in other words is a total BSer

If he doesn't change tact then it is a goodbye from me
He seems pretty good at talking a lot without saying anything of substance either
I've forgotten the question sometimes by the time he reaches his cliche moment

The guys got thicker skin than a Rhino and is completely shameless.

Il bet tonight regardless of what team he puts out you wont notice the difference between the teams in terms of league each of them are in.
I love a cup run but I honestly don't care if we lose tonight
There's a part of me is curious to see how he'd spin it
because if we win he'll be puffing his chest out and growling at the naysayers

The youngsters aren’t the problem. They have been the only bright spots so far .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.