2024/25 Sean Dyche

Silva has one way of playing, when it works its great but when it doesn't they get stuffed normally and he very rarely changes things. They lost 17 games last season and 10 of those were by 3 or more goals. He can be a very stubborn manager who is never at fault (like Dyche)
can rarely say that about Dyche
and at least they lose having a go...we just turn into target practice
Just saying standards have dropped
I remember now the shock of dropping into the relegation zone
We're just supposed to accept it now and hope we nick a few points towards the end
Lower any further it's the Championship

can rarely say that about Dyche
and at least they lose having a go...we just turn into target practice
Just saying standards have dropped
I remember now the shock of dropping into the relegation zone
We're just supposed to accept it now and hope we nick a few points towards the end
Lower any further it's the Championship
Oh I agree, it was interesting reading that Sky stats article on DCL basically explaining why its a battle for him and that the long ball stuff isn't really working.

We’ve gone back to the tactic of do a couple of passes between the cb and then get it to Pickford to hit a long ball for Harrison to lose in the air. If we’re going to do that then at least go for DCL and make some runs off him.

Our possession is awful, we should be able to make a few passes. Not saying he’s been good, but McNeil and gana gueye get the ball and everyone starts sprinting forward, check to the ball. No one to pass to.

I agree - but have you looked at who is running our club?

Sack the manager again, work away. But nothing fundamental changes until the ownership changes.

I'm amazed people think we can draw a veil over the absolute car crash in the boardroom by imagining things on the pitch can be exciting if only we had a different manager.

I'm all for exciting football. But I realise that aint happening until we have proper owners.

I agree with you in general

But to be fair it's not impossible that another manager could come in, do a bit better, get the fans behind them and the team AND not have us in too much risk of relegation during the season

The problem is, given we have no leadership and proven track record of bad decisions, I don't really understand why people want to take that risk at this extremely low point in our history. It's not worth it just to play a bit better and enjoy games more.

So, as you say. Stick with the one who has the job and is likely to keep us up, and wait for the reality off the pitch to change (unless he actually does have us in real risk of relegation of course)

He talks a good game. Comes across well spoken and knows what he is doing.

He doesn't play a good game and doesn't seem to know what he is doing.

He talks the talk but not walk the walk in other words is a total BSer

If he doesn't change tact then it is a goodbye from me

He’s dug himself a hole and will react accordingly.

I genuinely don’t think he predicted the performances in both those last two games.

The backlash has taken him by surprise I think, maybe he is not feeling the same fan emotion that this (last season GP) means to us all.

I think he, the staff and the team responds from here regardless of what the window brings (in or out.)

UTFT

IMO it should be 10 games in before a valid assessment can be made. That's about a quarter of the season and a benchmark for where we can expect to finish. If we are in the bottom 3 at that point then I can understand the "sack" calls, but anything before then is just premature.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.