2024/25 Sean Dyche

Didn't get a shot on target for about 55 minutes but there was more freedom in our play 😆

One day, in the near distant future, having managers like Allardyce, Benitez and Dyche will all just feel like a bad dream
In fairness that was probably due to the fact that Garner just came back, Coleman just came back, Obrien saw his first minutes, Beto had his first start and Ndiaye/Lestrom hadn’t seen any meaningful minutes thus far. Kind of on him the way the season started but I’m not giving him crap when we won 3 nil and he got the new guys involved. He got it done tonight. Hopefully this weekend too

Forced on him by the fan rumblings.

He is utterly useless and should be sacked.

Agree, again he's got lucky with changes forced upon him by fan discontent, just as he did a few times last season. We'd have probably still won with the same XI as against Brighton, but I doubt we'd have ended up 3 to the good and definitely won't have seen anything as exciting as Ndiaye's creativity.

I do think some of last night should count towards team selection at the weekend, even if it was only Doncaster. We cannot forget that our 'experienced Premier League players' got absolutely demolished 7-0 across the first 2 games and it should have been even worse.

I'm guessing Tarkowski isn't available, but if he is then obviously start him over Keane please. You cannot go back to a majority of those experienced heads that were annihilated in the first 2 games.

Pickford
Dixon-Keane-O'Brien-Mykolenko
Gueye-Garner
Lindstrom-Ndiaye-Harrison
Beto
At a bare minimum that shows certain players that their place is not guaranteed and they need to up their performances. Hopefully Doucoure and a few others will have been sold by then, but highly unlikely I guess.

Agree, again he's got lucky with changes forced upon him by fan discontent, just as he did a few times last season. We'd have probably still won with the same XI as against Brighton, but I doubt we'd have ended up 3 to the good and definitely won't have seen anything as exciting as Ndiaye's creativity.

I do think some of last night should count towards team selection at the weekend, even if it was only Doncaster. We cannot forget that our 'experienced Premier League players' got absolutely demolished 7-0 across the first 2 games and it should have been even worse.

I'm guessing Tarkowski isn't available, but if he is then obviously start him over Keane please. You cannot go back to a majority of those experienced heads that were annihilated in the first 2 games.

Pickford
Dixon-Keane-O'Brien-Mykolenko
Gueye-Garner
Lindstrom-Ndiaye-Harrison
Beto
At a bare minimum that shows certain players that their place is not guaranteed and they need to up their performances. Hopefully Doucoure and a few others will have been sold by then, but highly unlikely I guess.
I think he would have done those changes anyway against a low tier team, doubtful when we played in prem tonight. He can prove that he has that learning curve by playing more or less the same eleven as yesterday.

Would start Tim as well probably, was pretty good again yesterday.

For me Tarkowski was left out to have him ready for saturday, as he was not fully fit surely. Don't think there is a big thing.

I used to enjoy that feeling for a moment
These days I look at the line up and see the likes of Young up against Mitoma and groan
Like when John Bishop was in a charity match and volunteered for LB coz he was left footed. Then found out Usain Bolt was RW against him!
Haha, that's brilliant. I remember John BishBop absolutely really getting hold of a shot in one of those TV Charity games. Pretty close to the corner, flying in.

Trouble was there was a very recently retired Van der Saar in goal who makes an absolute worldie to keep it out. Bishop's face was a picture and even Van De Saar gave him a thumbs up.

I think he would have done those changes anyway against a low tier team, doubtful when we played in prem tonight. He can prove that he has that learning curve by playing more or less the same eleven as yesterday.

Would start Tim as well probably, was pretty good again yesterday.

For me Tarkowski was left out to have him ready for saturday, as he was not fully fit surely. Don't think there is a big thing.
The point i made yesterday, he believes that was a weakened team last night when its stronger than the first 2 team selections in the league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back