2024/25 Sean Dyche

In fairness that was probably due to the fact that Garner just came back, Coleman just came back, Obrien saw his first minutes, Beto had his first start and Ndiaye/Lestrom hadn’t seen any meaningful minutes thus far. Kind of on him the way the season started but I’m not giving him crap when we won 3 nil and he got the new guys involved. He got it done tonight. Hopefully this weekend too

I don't know mate, I'd say Coleman played exactly how he would if he'd had lots of games already. He's massively limited. Garner was his usual solid if unspectular self, Beto was Beto, O'Brien cruised through it and the 2 new lads were so far away from Beto that it was no surprise it took them a while to get going.

Great that we won, but the set up still and huge lack of quality, dynamism and willingness to hit that box and make things happen for an hour has me seriously worried.

Hopefully we grab a win on Saturday and head into the International break in a much better place.

Excellent performance from our players.

Shameful performance from the small minority of idiotic supporters who booed Ashley Young. How will that improve the lad's confidence and help him play better?
Excellent you say!

no shots on goal for near 60 mins, at times hard to decide which is the team in the Prem!

And dont get me started on Young, a liability who got booked within 2 mins of coming on! Fans are allowed to express discontent, we pays the money and makes our choice, should never have been given another year contract!

Anyway, we won, small mercies, it wasnt pleasant but at least showed Dyche some of this talent he and Thelwell signed!!

I don't know mate, I'd say Coleman played exactly how he would if he'd had lots of games already. He's massively limited. Garner was his usual solid if unspectular self, Beto was Beto, O'Brien cruised through it and the 2 new lads were so far away from Beto that it was no surprise it took them a while to get going.

Great that we won, but the set up still and huge lack of quality, dynamism and willingness to hit that box and make things happen for an hour has me seriously worried.

Hopefully we grab a win on Saturday and head into the International break in a much better place.
We need to because if we dont then this international break is the right time to pull the trigger on Dyche, we have Villa away after the international break.

Jep, I hope he has the late realization, better late than never to pick 8-9 of the players of yesterday at least.
If he reverts back to his normal team selections at the weekend and we get the same performances as the first 2 games then he just might put the final nail in his coffin.

If he goes with last nights team selection or very similar and we still dont get a result then i think the fans will give him a little more time for at least trying something different.

If he reverts back to his normal team selections at the weekend and we get the same performances as the first 2 games then he just might put the final nail in his coffin.

If he goes with last nights team selection or very similar and we still dont get a result then i think the fans will give him a little more time for at least trying something different.
That's true, despite I liked the first 25 min against Brighton, pretty surely we would have gotten out more with the players that played yesterday. It was a lower league side, but the players seemed to have more quality than the existing usual front 4, which is a good sign.

Took some time, the squad never played together with that line-up what was clearly visible in the 1st half, miscommunication, misunderstandings. I don't know the word in English, lack of well-functioning maybe...

This is my concern because we know how inflexible he can me. For me, Ndiaye should start, either out on the left or in the number 10 role with McNeil central.

Lindstrøm wasn't stellar, but he grew into the game and I liked that he tried to go past a man and play some through-balls, like Ndiaye did.

We shouldn't be seeing Keane again as long as one of Tarkowski or Branthwaite is fit.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.