2024/25 Sean Dyche

Peace in our times.
For me, booing one of our own players onto the pitch is too far.

I get it was Ashley Young and I get he’s not the greatest and I also get it was a small few, but Allah on a bike, would your average Joe do well at work if he was constantly being brought down? I think not.

Boo players off who have performed badly on the day by all means. That’s fair, we all do that but don’t boo our own as they run on. That’s poor in my humble opinion.

I see there’s a lot of people desperate not to enjoy a cup tie win.

We won 3-0, they need to enjoy it.

Rant over 😂

Keane, Young, Doucoure. Any of these 3 in the starting line up on Sat and we go behind.. things are gonna get very toxic.
Since his injury about Christmas last season, Doucoure has been a passenger in this team. Not sure how many chances he's going to get, but we litterally have new players queuing up for his position (Ndiaye and Lindstrom). Not sure how many chances Keane is going to get ahead of O'brien also. Young, unfortunately I think we're stuck with as he's the only cover at fullback, which in itself is a failure of our recruitment staff.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 minutes of confusion as Dixon and Young looked at each other wondering which one was the right back, to then spend the next 5 minutes taking it in turns as right back in a weird tiki taka pirouette of confusion.

10/10, please do it again.
Hahaha I noticed that too. Young was trying to gesture to the bench for a while to get some clarity and in the end thought 'f it' and they both essentially played at right back :lol:

For me, booing one of our own players onto the pitch is too far.

I get it was Ashley Young and I get he’s not the greatest and I also get it was a small few, but Allah on a bike, would your average Joe do well at work if he was constantly being brought down? I think not.

Boo players off who have performed badly on the day by all means. That’s fair, we all do that but don’t boo our own as they run on. That’s poor in my humble opinion.

I see there’s a lot of people desperate not to enjoy a cup tie win.

We won 3-0, they need to enjoy it.

Rant over 😂
I never watched the game but some are saying the booing was for Dyche not Young for bringing him on instead of Dixon.

My and many others concern is he will revert back to the usual suspects on Saturday and straight away the negativity kicks when the team sheet is announced.
If he makes changes from the norm at least the fans going into the game will go with a glimmer of hope.

Yes we won comfortably 3-0 as we would expect against that quality of opposition.

Couldn't agree more Phil.

Against Bournemouth we will see either Young or Coleman instead of Dixon and Doucoure at 10 instead of Ndayie together with MC Neil.and Harrison on either flank.

And if Tarkowski comes back in it will be at the expense of O'Brien ont Keane.

It's the Dyche DNA and what is holding the club back from progressing.
We were talking at the game yesterday about how we're planning to play, and there isn't a real consensus; we have no real identity as such.

You could say we're designed to counter, however the wider players aren't utilising their pace as they're clearly instructed to come inside...

... or worse, backwards, more often than not. We have a striker in Dom who is most efficient attacking the ball in the air or sliding onto crosses, but we don't do it.

Our midfield spend time on the ball showing a desire for possession, yet the passes rarely look to eventually break the line, instead looking like mindless possession.

We overlap on the right when Coleman is available, whereas we never do it on the left. If McNeil has the ball, it's inside and being solely left-footed it's inefficient.

That's why I like Ndayie, Lindstrøm, Iroegbunam and Dixon up to now because they have looked to break the line, drive at players or overlap.

Please Lord, I hope Dyche doesn't coach it out of them!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back