2024/25 Sean Dyche

If Dyche wasn't such a dinosaur and had any tactical flexibility he should try 3 4 2 1 as a formation to get the best out of our players , particularly if we had a genuine right sided midfielder.

At present I'd go

Pickford

O'Brien Tarkowski Branthwaite

Garner Gana Tim O'Neill/ Harrison

Lindstrom Ndayie

DCL / Beto / New CF
I'd love him to but I don't think we'd get the dynamic 3421 we see from the likes of Glasner/Tuchel
We'd get 5-4-1 from dyche
He keeps it simple, for the players and himself

It's that and the first half you could also see that this squad has never played together with this line up.
That’s true but also our midfield and flanks are that poor, it’s hard to play direct football. Every midfielder is slow and predictable, every midfielder has there back turned towards the goal, none of them have the impulse to go forward. Until Doncaster tired and felt the pace, we struggled cos they are that clueless going forward.

Don't wanna come across as negative, but it was really, really hard to tell who the PL team was in that first half last night.

Very long season in store for us all.
Don't think the long season was beyond anyones expectations, what SD was on about regards Europe god only knows!! But i totally agree with the first half, it was equal footing for a long time, you couldn't tell!

Hopefully we will improve, it would be great if we saw that against Bournemouth this weekend... however hard that might seem right now!

Don't wanna come across as negative, but it was really, really hard to tell who the PL team was in that first half last night.

There were extended highlights of the match on youtube, more than 13 minutes worth. They only showed 90 seconds of the first half.

Don't think the long season was beyond anyones expectations, what SD was on about regards Europe god only knows!! But i totally agree with the first half, it was equal footing for a long time, you couldn't tell!

Hopefully we will improve, it would be great if we saw that against Bournemouth this weekend... however hard that might seem right now!
So, he selects Keane to start again on Saturday and we lose.

Can I start a one-man crusade to get him fired, or will @Moomin challenge me to another boxing match?

That’s true but also our midfield and flanks are that poor, it’s hard to play direct football. Every midfielder is slow and predictable, every midfielder has there back turned towards the goal, none of them have the impulse to go forward. Until Doncaster tired and felt the pace, we struggled cos they are that clueless going forward.

Yes, we are still not far in that process. But he should stop playing his usual front 4, that would be a first step and I am sure we would see an improvement, we looked pretty alright for awhile against Spurs when Ndiaye and Lindström came on.

Because their fans were Ole-ing them passing it between CB's?

The two half decent chances they made all game were from a set-piece routine and then Tim passing it to them in the second half.

We were nervy first half admittedly but that was always going to be the case after the first two results and our fans desperate to boo anything and everything.

Because their fans were Ole-ing them passing it between CB's?

The two half decent chances they made all game were from a set-piece routine and then Tim passing it to them in the second half.

We were nervy first half admittedly but that was always going to be the case after the first two results and our fans desperate to boo anything and everything.
I think our fans are desperate to not have anything to boo

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back