2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche "To dominate for that long and come out of it with nothing is incredibly frustrating... We're still playing one-twos and going for overlaps and I'm like 'Why? You don't need to. You're in control of the game'. "

What the hell?

Does he not understand if they are doing that, he can, you know, as the manager, tell them to stop…

I'm still in disbelief in what I just watched.....from where I was sat in the lower bullens that has a massive post hindering my view, I could see and the same with the people around me that we needed more fresh legs in the middle of the park, game management was non-existent...kill the game, go down injured, make all subs, slow the whole game down....we seem to do the opposite 🤯 I'm gobsmacked

His first comment in his post-match interview was that we had chances to kill the game off. Never about him is it. 2-0 with 5 mins to go doesn’t need more goals to be killed off.
Exactly.
His point is correct but that's not how you manage out a game when in that position.
I've yet to hear him take blame for any of our defeats.. it was Xg this time last year, then the players, then the fans.
I bet he wanks off to a poster of the Wimbledon 1988 squad

If we don’t finish a chance and the other team collects it, I always worry. It is awful
Two goals already this season where we've given the ball away on the edge of the opponents box and conceded without them having to play a single backwards or sideways pass. Giving the ball away in that area isn't the end of the world in a proper team.

I've been in the camp of not enjoying having dyche as manager but accepting that he is probably the pragmatic choice to see us to BMD in lower midtable rather than roll the dice on a more progressive manager with this squad.

But today showed two things, firstly that we can play decent football through the thrids if the right players are selected. And secondly that dyche is now part of the problem not the solution.

The players don't look as though they want to play to his defend the box system so end up caught neither doing that properly nor preventing time and space in the 'safe' wide areas in that system. Result = 3 goals from balls into the box as we were neither disrupting and squeezing at source nor packing the box to eliminate space.

He's lost the players, picked fights with the fans, and cannot see or change a game positively.

He needs to go, it can be quick or it can be drawn out to Nov, but let's hope it is quick.

NDiaye for Doucoure makes a big difference.

But this team lose to Brighton and Spurs even with that change.

We're relegation fodder and we're going to be bang in a relegation fight. With or without Dyche.

It's just whether he or someone else improves our odds.

Sad state of affairs when Bournemouth rock up to Goodison and are bookies favourites.

Grim all round.
Sticking with his favourites will get him sacked mate.

What came to mind today was watching a manager who is too scared or blind to make changes when the result is there but momentum has swung.

A top manager or even a decent one sees what's starting to happen from 65 on and reacts not sure there watching it escalate until the inevitable. He had lots of options today on the bench. Dixon and Armstrong?(Think he was anyway) Garner, Lindstrom and O'Brien all who would have came on heads up with us winning and injected some fresh legs and confidence.

But he tried to use it as a way of getting Doucoure on the pitch - why exactly I dunno except he's a favourite, Beto for DCL also made zero sense when you've just taken off the only creative player.

I can't stand the bloke but Moyes doesn't lose that game even mate. And any progressive manager with eyes would have made changes to keep our momentum going post 65

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back