2024/25 Sean Dyche

I agree...one thing I was looking for this season was for him to show he can be a bit more expansive.

Listen I wasn't expecting us to start trying to play like City,but I wanted us to show we could put our stamp down on games,show teams we can hold ball and,get in behind, play between lines,just little bits like that and we've actually gone backwards...a lot.

Biggest worry for me is you could always rely on a Dyche team being hard to break down,we're not even that now and I think its a mixture of tactics and the players being mentally goosed under his stewardship.

We're actually stuck between a rock and a hard place with him at the minute.

According to certain people we can't afford to sack him due to a clause in his contract.... Which APPARENTLY states if he's sacked before his contract is up we've got pay him the remainder plus and extra year on top which equates to roughly 8-9 mil. Hopefully a certain person can confirm this if he's online.

Then there is the Moshiri issue as we all know he checked out ages ago but does he care enough to go through the rigmarole of sacking a manager when a deal is apparently close to being struck,also if the clause that's apparently in Dyche's contract is true do we have the funds and will PSR permit it.

The very simple thing is no not sack him, keep him on the payroll anc get someone in.

I was never a fan of Sean Dyche, I can see why we went for him given the circumstances at the time, he had two qualities as a football manager, he galvanised the players into a unit and he made his team had to beat. On the downside he didn’t win a lot of games, he doesn’t compete for trophies and the football he plays stinks.
We are still in the Premier League under his watch and for that he deserves credit, he doesn’t deserve a free pass to relegate us this year. In my opinion he has lost the players, after four defeats and conceding 13 goals and the manner of those defeats what does he say to the players in training tomorrow. He isn’t changing his tactical approach to the game and he isn’t changing personnel so what does he say to make the players believe that things will be different next game.
I will readily accept that the players we have are no world beaters but I believe that they are better than what Dyche is currently getting out of them.
I believe Sean Dyche is sticking to his team selection and tactics because he doesn’t know any other way. He has only Plan A, it has served him well over the years in that he has a reputation for being a good manager in a relegation battle. Problem is that other teams move on, a plan that worked yesterday doesn’t always work tomorrow. My question is “What is the end goal with employing Sean Dyche, where do you see him taking the club. At best I can only see him finishing in and around 15th, at worst relegation “. He is, or more probably was, a stop gap solution who you bring in to solve a short term problem but you don’t let him have control of the direction you want your club to go.
He should have been let go at the end of last season, failing that he deserved sacking following the last defeat, now we are turning into a laughing stock.
On a final point, how did Everton, the People’s Club, the club of Everton in the City, deem it acceptable that a fifty something year old man in a position of power was allowed to physically assault a young lad trying to make his way in his chosen profession. I was over in Liverpool last week and went to see the new ground, it is magnificent but it would appear to me that while we are building a future home to be immensely proud of we are scarifying all things past things we are rightly proud of under this man.

That's a tough run of fixtures we've had: Brighton, Spurs and Villa are teams we always have trouble with and are miles better than us at this moment in time.

The Bournemouth result was the real sickener. At home against a fellow relegation candidate and 2 up with minutes left.

But we have winnable games in the pipeline.

Being 2 points adrift of 15th after these opening tough fixtures is not a disaster. Let's not use a very disappointing start to the season and turn it into a crisis.

Ipswich have had a far tougher start and put points on the board.

We're almost -1 as after just 4 games our goal difference is that bad.
There are no winnable games if you concede at minimum 3 goals per game.

That's a tough run of fixtures we've had: Brighton, Spurs and Villa are teams we always have trouble with and are miles better than us at this moment in time.

The Bournemouth result was the real sickener. At home against a fellow relegation candidate and 2 up with minutes left.

Being 2 points adrift of 15th after these opening tough fixtures is not a disaster. Let's not use a very disappointing start to the season and turn it into a crisis.

Weirdly this is why I'm not worried.

Over a 34 game season, we will get more points than Saints, Leicester and Ipswich at least.

This type of footy can work, if the players have the fitness levels capable of sustaining this type of footy for the whole game.

When you’re pre season consisted of walking football against pub teams from Andorra, it’s hardly surprising that the players legs are gone after 70 minutes.
Go check out his managerial career at the start of every season.. whatever side he has managed doesn't win games in August and September.. yet he sticks with the same sh!tty preseason routine and deadbeat friendlies every year expecting change.
He's a neanderthal that thinks he's Einstein.
And we pay him £5m a year and half the fanbase pander to his dross.

No decent manager is going to want to touch until the ownership issue is resolved. We’d be into the realm of ex players and number 2s who would be grateful of even getting half a season at Everton before the new owner bulleted them.

I apologise in advance for my language...

BUT SERIOUSLY...

Everything here depends on JB returning to the starting lineup.

We are depending on a 22yo to save us from relegation because we don't want to sack a manager who is absolute S.

WTF is wrong with you people?
Dyche was forced into giving the youngster ago last season too, if he could get away with it he'd still be muttering " learning nuts and bolts" or whatever boring cliche he learnt that morning gurning in the mirror. He is just simply not up to the job, he is all over the place with his own football philosophy much of the time.

Ipswich have had a far tougher start and put points on the board.

We're almost -1 as after just 4 games our goal difference is that bad.
There are no winnable games if you concede at minimum 3 goals per game.

Ipswich will come back to us in the coming weeks.

3 out of the 4 teams we've faced are fixtures I wouldn't expect more than a point back from in all honesty.

Once Branthwaite returns this team stabilises.

Nothing surer than that.

Jesus wept

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915_093105.webp
    Screenshot_20240915_093105.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
No decent manager is going to want to touch until the ownership issue is resolved. We’d be into the realm of ex players and number 2s who would be grateful of even getting half a season at Everton before the new owner bulleted them.
This.

We're one panic sacking away from probable calamity IMO.

Sack a manager with a proven safety record for a stop gap manager and we're jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Don't agree with this

There will always be interest in top flight manager jobs. Especially ones that come with a 4 or 5 million a year salary

This.

Sack a manager with a proven safety record for a stop gap manager and we're jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

His proven safety record is a myth. He’s been relegated twice, hes as capable of being relegated as any other manager.

We are already IN the fire. Really, when you write stuff like this how, much worse can it actually get? The only reason we aren’t adrift is that nobody has played enough games to have the points to have pulled away. This is everything we are meant to be avoiding with him as manager.

This.

Having a manager who’s ambition is to finish above 3 teams year after year is asking for trouble, having a manager who looks down for all of his career is asking for trouble.

Having a manager who’s career is littered with 16th 17th places is asking for trouble

Having a manager who’s gone 4 months without winning football games is abysmal

Having a manager who has conceded 3 goals a game in his first 4 games is atrocious

Having manager who has consecutively threw away a 2 goal lead is shocking

Stop thinking this is the best we can hope for!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back