2024/25 Sean Dyche

We all wanted Dyche to be the answer obviously ...but his stubbornness and go one goal down then hoof it tactics aren't the answer....
It's not just today's game it's been that way from the start....I admire what he done last season but he's not going to change his ways or make substitutions apparently!
I didn’t and know 100% he won’t be

I thank him, wholeheartedly for keeping us up, with everything that was thrown at us last season. But good God, he seems utterly clueless at times.

First home game of the season. Perfect chance to put some fresh faces in. Faces that we already know add attacking flair... yet he sticks to his "tried and tested" lineup.

Doucs, for all his endeavour, is braindead on and off of the ball. Offers very little behind Dom. Ashley Young showed countless times last season he is a ticking time-bomb. Michael Keane... well, his name name speaks for itself.

We deserve better, as long suffering, paying servants of this great club.

Dyche is in the last year of his contract so getting rid will be very cheap, even if the board don`t sack him we should be shaking his hands after this season and parting ways.

We need to set a course with a manager we know can improve this side and with a higher ceiling, with Dyche I can be confident we will stay exactly where we are no matter who we sign because he will not play them and the very same tactic week in week out.
There is no way he's leading Everton into the new stadium.

Fella rambles on about Tim having PL experience and loads of experience in the championship so that's why he was happy to start him. Ndiaye has had a full season in the championship and if proof were needed, he git to see a whole 1 hour of Doucoure looking like a competition winner last week against Roma and once he changed it up we looked a different proposition.

I can't be arsed with him, can't be arsed with Everton and certainly can't be arsed seeing a team set up like a pub side for another season. Absolute joke, fella hasn't worked on anything at all this ore season, he's just hoping the same players drag us through games and nick the odd win, set piece, clean sheet.

These last 7 years have been a fkin disaster and it shows no sign of improving.

Enjoy your weekend good people.
First off, the experience thing: People have said it before, but it's absolutely maddening and inexcusable. Picking players who have experience at specifically being bad at what they do for years on end over players who do have top flight experience, and even success, in Europe, then justifying it by saying they don't have PL experience. As if the game were somehow fundamentally more confusingly difficult playing against Brighton vs. playing in a European final or vs. PSG/Monaco/Bayern/Dortmund/etc.

The other thing for me personally is that in the second half of last season I moved from Perú to the West Coast of the USA, which means that I have added 2 (or 3 in the winter, as Perú doesn't do time changes) hours difference to my time zone. I used to wake up religiously to watch games, but now it's like when my dog starts making noise in the morning and there's a game on, I grab my phone, see if there's any reason to watch (are we winning? is it close? is a player who doesn't play much being given a chance?), and more often than I go right back to bed. Cannot imagine doing the occasional random 4:30 wakeup to watch the results of him picking Keane, Young, Doucoure, and McNeil over O'Brien, Anyotherlivingbreathingprofessionalplayerwithafunctioningrightfoot, Ndiaye, or Lindstrom.

For this skint club 4-5m is still a lot...
I`m hoping any new owner will look at that position specifically and think there is an upgrade that can be made there.

If you bought Everton tomorrow for £400m, for arguments sake, would you want Dyche as your figure head and a sign of your intent?

Speaking for myself I`d want someone who gets the best out of players, maybe a proven coaching/development past and bring a new more attacking/positive attitude to the club which would filter down the whole set up and through the youth.

What do we think the constant negative tactics brings to the club? Do we think his negative tactics are a way forward for our youth sides? We play the worst football in the league.

buddies i have seen a few of u claim everton is a great club and i want to politely point that they are not really and altho i love u i cannot let u exist in echo chamber. no glory for 30 years buddies the everton are a relic.

For only 3 of those minutes did we have 11 men though.

I suppose as supporters we see some new faces come in and hope that we are addressing problems in how we play. Only Shedf Utd scored less(points deduction or no)

I don’t think this fella has any intention of making adjustments to how we play and he probably sees the new faces as plan b when the game is gone on us.

Fair point mate, it will be a long season, with injuries, suspension , games mid week and weekend, the deeper the better the squad.

Less we forget Brighton are a good team and then dropped 150 mill on it in the summer. I think if you are comparing managers you have to fair - if Dyche posted that second half performence after dropping 150 mill, I’d be reacting like one or two others on here.

Second half was a collective collapse, but thought we dominated the first - difference being efficient to chances up front - plain and simple - we had enough chances to be 2 or 3 up by the time they got their first.

Someone said in the match thread if we were efficient in front of goal we would be challenging for the CL.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back