2024/25 Sean Dyche

He’s doing a great job so far.
At promoting how great a job he’s doing and dumbing down any expectation the club should be performing better than winning 6 league games since last December. He’s turned in to Allardyce mk2, there’s no discernible evidence that he can set his teams up any other way than how he always has, even with better players at his disposal. I would like an Everton team to not treat a football like a used syringe but that’s too much to ask I suppose.

Last edited:
I see Dyche as a repair job , a chunk of gorilla tape holding the disparate parts together, a bodge job covering a fracture until it can be repaired properly. Problem is with temporary fixes , you are limited in performance, you can’t approach optimal performance because the ‘fix’ will fail , and the whole will come loose.
We have to replace the gorilla tape with the correct part as soon as possible .
Or we will keep limping along until the the fix finally fails catastrophically.
Baldy, orange gorilla tape.

Am actually thinking the other side of it mate, we won't do anything in Jan, we might get a couple of loans in.

Until TFG are in properly, with their senior leadership team in place, I can't see much happening, Jan is a awful window for purchasing players anyways, it would make more sense for them to say to thelwell continue with the plan and we assess everything in the summer for a full reset, new stadium, new manager, lots of players out of contract, lots more wiggle room.

I mean am saying this, but this is on the assumption Dyche stops trying to get sacked, and form picks up. It feels at the moment with everything he's saying and how he is managing some games that he's desperate to be culled

we may have to buy in the window mate if we have that money we will have to

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back